Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Sweepstakes

I won the sweepstakes for a $100.00 Chili's gift card in the September 2021 sweepstakes. I was notified on Oct 19, 2021. Today is March 16, 2022 and I have not received my gift card. I have called AARP Rewards, at least 3 times now. I  emailed HelloWorld on Dec 27, 2021 they replied back Jan 3, 2022 saying I would recieve gift card by email in the next weeks. They lied. Called March 3, 2022 and was told someone would reach out to me in 3 to 5 days, didn't happen. Called today and was told they are sending to their supervisor and consumer support, and please give them 3 to 5 days for this to happen. What is going on? Received an email today telling me I won the artist supply sweekstakes have to wonder if I will receive that. 

Periodic Contributor

Update, I emailed Helloworld last evening, received email this morning with link to get gift card. They apologized for the delay.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@bas45dml That's great news! I'm glad you received your gift card details. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything! 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@bas45dml Hi there! I responded to your previous comment, please find the info below:

"Congratulations on your sweepstakes win! I reviewed your account and I see our escalations team reached out to you yesterday (3/16) and advised that you will need to follow up with Helloworld for a status update on your gift card delivery. You can email them to follow up at customercare@helloworldfulfillment.com

(be sure to email them from the email address that you use for AARP Rewards so they can locate your information) 

If you still do not receive your gift card within 2 weeks, please contact our team back as advised yesterday. We're always here to help!"

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Curious...When you get the email telling you've won sweepstakes did it look like this:

Your prize is here Your Name !

Congrats on winning our $100 Chili's.com Gift Card Sweepstakes! Take a look below for more info on your reward.

Get your reward   <-----  Did you click on to this link?? (Long red tube - on your original e-mail)

What Happened next? Did you get a new pop-up tab/ or window? 

🤔

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

There wasn't any way to redeem, just stated that I would receive in 8 to 10 weeks at address I had provided to them.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

There are a ton and a half of people that follow this board that empathize with your plight.  Candidly, it sounds even worse than the typical frustrating story enveloped in the AARP that is.

That said, just within this site, there is one AARP employee who is really outstanding at getting back to these messages, and I'd venture to guess you will hear from them.  So frustration aside, I had to defend this one person, purposely nameless, but even the blind that read this board know who it is against a blanket voice of frustration although its quite understandable lumping all AARP employees in one mix.

Before I close out, I must say that your post drew 1 thumbs down reaction.  That's amazing.  What low iq imbecile would have the audacity to feel the pain of your post, and give it a thumbs down.  Quite the species, this human race.

Regular Contributor

I believe that for transparency we should see winner names posted. That way we know these sweepstakes are real and there are actually winners.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ev29554696 Good point! There is a link to the Winner List in every Sweepstakes Official Rules document. Here is a direct link to the Winner List that is continually updated: https://bit.ly/2M430fl

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@AARPJanelleM Hi please confirm if January sweepstakes winners are the most current posted or am I looking at the wrong page?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@tinasinge That's right. The most recent winners listed are for a sweepstakes that ran January 1, 2022 – January 31, 2022

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

If it is "continually" updated, it is now 7 weeks behind. Do the winners hear about their win immediately?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ev29554696 Winners are notified according to the dates specific to each sweepstakes. This info can be found in the official rules for each sweeps. Once the winners are notified, they are required to complete a confirmation process in order to collect their prize. The winner list is not finalized and published until winner confirmation is complete. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM 

You posted "Once the winners are notified, they are required to complete a confirmation process in order to collect their prize".

When can the winner expect to receive this confirmation process ?????

Thank You

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@rednexsrus The steps to confirm are sent in the winning notification email. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

THANK’s a bunch AARPJanelleM

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@rednexsrus You're welcome!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP