Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Sweepstakes winnings

How long does it usually take to get reward checks?

Regular Contributor

I was notified on June 11th that I won the fire pit sweepstakes, the item arrived this weekend. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ”ฅ 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'll give it the 10 weeks. I was first notified by AARP that I was a winner and confirmed with AARP. HelloWorld confirmed my info was accepted and check would be coming. They also asked me to send a video to them, if I liked. The odd thing is the $1000 Spring Ahead Sweepstakes has yet to be listed in the Winners list. That is a bit unsettling.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Was it the $1000 Spring Ahead? I'll give it the 10 weeks. I was first notified by AARP that I was a winner and confirmed with AARP. HelloWorld confirmed my info was accepted on May 21 and noted prize would be coming. The odd thing is the $1000 Spring Ahead Sweepstakes has yet to be listed in the Winners list. That is a bit unsettling as you need to give a lot of information because of the amount of the prize. I doubt I will ever enter a sweepstakes again because it's a little too stressful.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Your stress will be relieved when you finally get the check! ๐Ÿ˜ I went through the same thing. Took a long time before they posted the winners...called AARP to make sure it wasn't a scam (I had to fill out the same tax form)...emailed HelloWorld twice...the waiting...

I'm not going to tell you to be patient but it will all be worth it in the end!

Regular Contributor

Thanks, I was notified about 4 weeks ago regarding Spring Ahead Sweepstakes. That particular sweepstakes still isn't listed under the Sweepstakes Winnings. Hopefully I'll be getting a check in another 6 weeks.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I won a February sweepstakes (Notified in March) and it took the full 10 weeks almost to the day for me to receive and email with the gift card in May.  My email when I won said I would receive tracking information when it was sent.  I assumed that meant they were mailing it.  But that wasn't the case.  It came by email just like the ones you purchase.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I was notified about 4 weeks ago regarding Spring Ahead Sweepstakes. That particular sweepstakes still isn't listed under the Sweepstakes Winnings. Hopefully I'll be getting a check in another 6 weeks.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Hi Peggy. I previously won a check and it took about 6 weeks for me to get it. Came via FedEx. Had to sign for it. Never got any tracking info. Hope you get yours soon!

Regular Contributor

Hi there.

I was looking at the Sweepstakes yesterday, and I did see a lot of the winners of the April Sweepstakes posted already.

I heard that the Sweepstakes can take up to 8-10 weeks to be delivered to the address on file... and, that a separate email with the tracking info should be sent out to track delivery.

Someone else may be able to verify that info.

Not sure why it isn't just done digitally like the rest.  ???... maybe because of the amounts.

Hope that helps,

Take care,

tesuga

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Wait, people actually win these things?

Super Contributor

Congrats to the winners, sorry you had to wait so long, maybe they will give the same 'because of COVID' excuse they gave me when it took three months to get my magazine.  I noticed that sweepstakes are going from 10+ winners to only 2 or 5 winners so I won't be blowing points daily on those odds......

Anne

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP