Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Sweepstakes not available at this time

Conversationalist

Sweepstakes not available at this time

The new Kitchen Appliance sweepstakes gives me this error:

aarp-kitchen-appliance.jpg

I checked the Rules, and I was attempting after Jan 1 2020, 9am ET.

"3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on January 31, 2020 at 8:59 a.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for Sweepstakes."

Cheers,

Ray

Regular Contributor

I tried to purchase iTunes card at 5:30 AM Pacific--sold out. Happened before with an Amazon card. I think this is a clear case of discrimination against the Left Coast.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Ha! Of course, right after I posted the error, I tried again, and it worked.

Although, now one might wonder about the official time-keeping accuracy on more time-sensitive items, like Daily Wins.

Cheers,

Ray

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @ralmon 

Ray, you found the 1st Error of the new year.  Let the games begin.

Happy New Year

Marylin

Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Lol Marylin,

new year, new possible flaws to worry about. I only use the alternate method for the daily/weekly wins. For all I know, they never even register with the sweepstakes.

I notice I can still go to the version for points and waste the points. Nothing stopping that even if the alternate way was used already. Sigh.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, I noticed that when the program first started.  I used the Free Entry method and then hours later was able to play again using points that were just lost.

@sandyshouldn't there be a firewall to stop you from playing and losing points after you've received the "Play Again Tomorrow" message via Free Entry?  It seems that same message would appear when you try more than (1) time a day regardless of method used.  Is it possible to play the Instant Wins twice a day using both methods?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Conversationalist

@mi4090 @sandy 

Another example of suspicious time-keeping:

Again, from the Kitchen Appliances Rules: "3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on January 31, 2020 at 8:59 a.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for Sweepstakes."

So, I wasn't able to enter until roughly 9:20am ET yesterday. Afterward, the sweeps properly acknowleged I had already played. That fits with the rule. However, it is now roughly 7:20am ET the next morning, before the sweeps day definition should end, and I was able to enter again.

That violates the day definition of 9am to 8:59am! It would be sad to inadvertently be disqualified with loss of all points entered, because the system did not check.

We need to see the total number of entries for the sweepstakes, so we can double-check and stop at the limit!

Thanks,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, Congrats on another great catch in the Official Rules of sweeps.  I make my Sweeps entries after completing daily earn activities around the same time daily. 

I entered after seeing your post about the error message and was able to enter again at around 1:35am CT, which is before the 24 hr period of 9am ET.

@sandy please explain, and what do u recommend for site allowing (2) Sweeps entries within 24 hours? Also, no way to view Transaction History.

Ray, I created a spreadsheet on 9/25 and I track everything; savings column, each earned daily activities, sweeps entries for all sweeps entered and Daily Points balance.

I agree this needs immediate attention, there's also an issue with time zones with Transaction History when it was viewable months ago.  This is probably the reason I've never won a Sweeps thus, the (Points Graveyard).

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP