Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Sweepstakes Points Redemptions Not Using Oldest Points Earned

Social Butterfly

Sweepstakes Points Redemptions Not Using Oldest Points Earned

I have been watching the points that will expire in coming months. 

And, the oldest points do not appear to be used when entering

sweepstakes.

I am guessing that I might be using current points that would not expire

for a year instead of the oldest points to make these entries.  The figure

for my oldest points from the Transaction History hasn't changed when

entering sweepstakes recently.

However, I believe point redemptions for points-only

gift card are properly deducted from my oldest points.

Anybody else noticed this Sweepstakes entry anomaly? 

Has it always been this way and I missed it?

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Hi Teri,

My oldest points are still not being used.  It is still an issue.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

According to the my Transaction History, my oldest points are still not being used:

(It doesn't copy well from my Transaction History, but, my oldest points remain unchanged at 81,425.)

March 1, 2021 Unused points earned in February 2020 0
April 1, 2021 Unused points earned in March 2020 81425

Thanks,
AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Hello Teri,

Thanks for the reply; but, something is not right.

I have no points that were scheduled to be cancelled on February 1,  2021 (January 2020 points earned).  All of those points had already been used before the cancelation date.  Same deal for points to cancelled on March 1, 2021 (February 2020 points earned); they have already been used too.

Every day that I enter sweepstakes my point total goes down exactly by the amount of those sweepstakes entries.  However, my oldest points earned in March 2020 have remained at 81,425.  So, the points are disappearing from my total balance but it is not coming off my oldest points earned in March 2020 according to the transaction history.

It may be coming off another month, but it is not coming off of my oldest points (March 2020 points earned).  I just checked, again, by redeeming 150 points for a sweepstakes and my oldest points were NOT used.

Maybe you could look and see if you are seeing what I am seeing?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

I checked out your account to confirm if your sweepstakes points were not being redeemed from your oldest points first. Your points are deducting correctly.

During the month of February we’re offering a two week grace period for anyone with points expiring. We will resume the normal expiration schedule on March 1. During this grace period, January 2020 points are scheduled to expire on February 22. You will notice that your Transaction History/Points Expiration page currently starts with “Unused points earned in February 2020” as points expiring soon. If you are currently redeeming points between now and the current grace period, those points are being deducted from your “Unused points earned in January 2020” which currently can’t be viewed in the Transaction History at this time.

All Rewards participants will receive their monthly eStatement this Thursday (2/11) which will display any points that are slated for expiration Feb. 22.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@AARPTeri 

Yesterday, I used 200 points on Daily Instant Wins.  The points did not come off my oldest points which should be the ones expiring on April 1st (4725pts). Instead, they were deducted from my points expiring on May 1st (points went down from 56040 to 55840).

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP