Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Showtime 59,000 Points Gift Code Not Found Error

Trusted Social Butterfly

Showtime 59,000 Points Gift Code Not Found Error

Hello Rewards Community

I redeemed a total of 177,000 points to purchase (1) $25 card in April and (2) yesterday.  

I was unable to redeem the (3) codes yesterday via Showtime.com;  error message is No Code Found.

Has anyone had the problem?  Showtime asked me for a PIN but digital card only has code.  This is a lot of points to not be able to watch Showtime.

Management could I please get my points back or some assistance.  Thanks

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Just an update...I had the same issue with the 2 cards I had redeemed.Emailed and called customer service to no avail.So I also have two cards of no use.

Trying to apply the cards shows NO CARD FOUND

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Let's take a look into this. May I know what gift cards are you referring to? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I redeemed for Showtime $25 on Mar 30 and a second one on Mar 31.$50 total.Both show errors.Customer service only gives one excuse after another as to why they may possibly not be working,etc.As of today its still email back and forth with more excuses.Not really worth the effort.Very questionable.I was even told to cancel my account and pay for it with my credit card and then the code would apply.I declined that offer because a gift card should not require jumping through hoops to use it.So basically I am having similar issues as the person that started this topic.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MemberS2006, thanks for providing this info. I've sent this to our escalations team, they will contact you by email within 3-5 business days.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you for the assistance.Not sure how or why but I received an email earlier stating the $50 had been applied to my account.So it should be okay at this point.It appears I can just restart my subscription.I haven't reactivated but it does show the credit.Thank you.I do hope they will make using the cards easier in the future.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Great! You're welcome!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPCaroline 

Thanks for all your help๐Ÿค—

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Seems the streaming gift cards can only be used on stand alone accounts.If they are combined and billed through cable or other third party sites such as amazon,etc you can't apply the codes.For it to work on Showtime you have to have an account that is only Showtime or you can sign up for a new account and apply the codes.If that isn't your issue then go to showtime.com/redeem and you enter the code then sign into your account and it will credit the code.

Edited to add..

If you have a free trial in effect you will have to wait till the trial is over before you can add a gift code.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @MemberS2006 

I've tried setting up standalone account, entered billing info and then entered code and still No Card Found error.  

Showtime stated that if codes are valid they should work, also said I can log in on Showtime via Amazon with email and password to watch.  This is how Hulu & Starz works and no problem with those codes.

Thanks for the suggestion, and praying I can get my points back.  Seems to be problem with the codes or maybe their website.

Almost (2) months now and unable to use first code, now (2) more with same problem.  

Refund of points would be appreciated  because AARP digital codes aren't recognized.

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

So sorry that didn't work.I have never had an issue with Hula codes and I do have 2 of the Showtime codes I haven't tried to redeem.Was saving them to use later when relatives visit.Now I am wondering if the 2 I have will work.I hope AARP will address this and get the issue with the codes corrected.Thats a lot of points to just lose.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @MemberS2006 

It's been a nightmare losing the 177,000 points and still unable to watch Showtime๐Ÿ˜ข

@AARPBriana  could you please investigate, and your help would be greatly appreciated.

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@mi4090

We checked on your 3 codes and they are all active. Have you been redeeming via https://aarp.info/2THaHKo? Per the Showtime terms and conditions the card/code canโ€™t be redeemed on an account that is billed through cable, satellite or other third-party distributors, such as Comcast, DIRECTV, Apple, Google, Amazon, or Roku. The link asks for a code, not a PIN, so you will use the codes that you redeemed for. 

If you are still having trouble redeeming the card you can find more help on the Showtime site here: https://aarp.info/2M5aWe4 or call the Showtime Customer Care Center at 1-800-746-9846.

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @AARPCaroline 

Thanks so much for responding๐Ÿ˜Š

I've been communicating with Showtime on a daily basis since 4/1/20, the date I redeemed for the first gift code to no avail.  I've followed their instructions, plus the instructions on the printed AARP Rewards Showtime How to Redeem gift card.

I'm unable to setup a stand alone account for Showtime, and upon entering codes I'm getting a Code Not Found error message.  I just received a code from Showtime to enter to no avail.  You can confirm with them that none the (3) codes have been used or applied to an account for me.

I would appreciate just getting my points back, I haven't been able to watch Showtime at all.

Thanks for all your help.

Screenshot_2020-05-27 SHOWTIME - Watch Award-Winning Series, Order PPV Fights, Stream Across Your Favorite Devices(1).png

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@mi4090 I've sent you a private message to look into this more. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Similar experience here with a Door Dash prize. Pain in the neck trying to straighten it out. Requested ability to be able to win a 4th prize this month since the DD prize was negated, haven't tried, but I know better than to hope for ability to execute it, and its for damned sure I'm not stupid enough to try to take the reposted points and purchase a still available 62K point Door Dash prize. No pin = disappointing experience.

Now having said all that, I must say you are lucky to have had the Showtime prizes cancelled. I get Showtime, and aside from Inside the NFL, it's not a particularly good network in my self proclaimed respected view.

Onward and upward
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP