Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Safeway Gift Cards not redeemable online

Periodic Contributor

Safeway Gift Cards not redeemable online

Hi,

I bought 2 Safeway giftcards and a CVS card.

I had no problem using the CVS card with my online order.

Now I have total $75 Safeway cards that are not redeemable for online shopping. I called Safeway, they said only redeem at store.

I went on AARP chat and they said "it's up to the merchant." "No refunds on cards"

Isn't it AARPs responsiblity to let consumer know if a gift card cannot be used online? I am disabled and I don't go to stores.

Chat on AARP said to get a friend to go to Safeway but that's not the point here. I should have been informed of Safeway policy.

Thanks for your help in forum.  NG

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Another heads up about the Safeway gift cards... you have to print them out and take them to the store. They won't scan the electronic version off your device. This isn't a problem for me but it's ridiculous.

Periodic Contributor

I don't know about scan to device.

I wrote:  Now I have total $75 Safeway cards that are not redeemable for online shopping. I called Safeway, they said only redeem at store.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thanks @MichelleM50204  for the heads up about Safeway not able to scan the electronic version of the gift card. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I too want to thank Michelle for reporting that print-outs of Safeway GC's are required for redemption at their stores.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thanks, @Lupa13  for the heads up that Safeway gifts cards can't be used for online purchases.  I hope AARP will be able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks, I also asked Safeway to convert it to Safeway gift card but they won't do that either.

I don't know about scan to device.

I wrote:  Now I have total $75 Safeway cards that are not redeemable for online shopping. I called Safeway, they said only redeem at store.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP