Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Redemption Limits

Message 11 of 20

@mi4090 @HokiePoq 

It may be one of the taxation tricks used by many that donate on someone's behalf. The one doing the actual donating to the AARP Foundation would be AARP in this case. AARP gets to do the tax deduction, not the poor person at the bottom of the chain.

I may be wrong on this, so it would be better to confirm with an IRS advocate.

Cheers,

Ray

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 20

Hello @HokiePoq 

That is interesting also, due to the fact a money value is attached to the points donation. Wonder if AARP Foundation still has it's 501(c)(3) charter?

Screenshot_2020-01-27 are AARP Foundations donations tax deductible - Google Search.png

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 20

@mi4090 

The email acknowledgment of my donation said it wasn't tax deductable, unfortunately.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 20

Hello @HokiePoq 

I already had savings when I donated and my black banner doesn't work properly.

That is good information to know; so the 4,000 pts (Senior Food Drive) are equal to $5, now I know how much to claim for tax purposes.  Very interesting.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 20

I hope an increase in the number of points only redemptions per month will be considered by the program.

Thanks

Andrew

@HokiePoq 

I thought I had asked if AARP Foundation point gifts would be considered in the 3 point redemption limit and I had. It was hard to find for me.

AARPCaroline replied "...AARP Foundation redemptions aren’t included in the 3 per month limit for points only redemptions." A link to the post is below:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/Start-contributing-your-points-to-AARP-Foundation-today/m-p... 

Have a Great Day!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 20

Thank you Marylin.   I wondered as the $5 showed in the total saved on the top left of my screen.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 20

Hello @HokiePoq

That donation didn't count against any limits on R4G, it shouldn't due to the fact it's a donation to AARP Foundation.

@AARPCaroline could you help out?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 20

Does anyone know if the points donation to AARP Foundation counts as one of the three?   In the future I'd probably wait until the last day of the month to donate if it does.   

I looked in the FAQs but could not find the redemption limits explained there.   That needs to be added.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 20

@k380494p 

Yes it is impossible to predict what might be offered for points.  I am glad to see points only offers, but, I find the limit of 3 per month as too limiting also.  I hope you guys can bump it up to 5 per month; that would be great considering there is now a daily deal.  @AARPTeri I hope you guys will consider our request.

Thanks!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Redemption Limits

Message 20 of 20

@AARPTeri   Is there any possibility that redemption limits will be raised in the future?  Three redemptions per month seem a little confining.  It makes it hard to decide what and when to use one's points.  If a member earns the points, he/she should have the opportunity to use them.  As it stands, there is little motivation to accumulate/stockpile a large number of points.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors