Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Redeeming rewards

Why do I have rewards if you have to pay anyway?  Most places (or apps) that give rewards, use them in place of money. I thought that is what rewards are for. I’m old and confused sorry. 

Complete waste of time, no rewards here.  The prizes aren't worth it anyway.

Contributor

I agree! Either offer an instant e-card reward or don’t bother! Those flippin ‘sweepstakes’ entries are a scam. The choices are rather slim and non-tangible too, 

And, why make me go thru the hassle at another website? Either email or allow the download of an electronic reward that I can apply at my choosing or don’t bother wasting my time. 

Conversationalist

Sorry, but I disagree. I pay a low membership fee, and get more in return. I totally think the rewards are worth it. Add it up. You may be surprised at what you find.

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] (☉౪ ⊙)
Regular Contributor

I'm with you - grocery store GCs at 8% discount are better than nothing !  I think at most, from time to time, I can get 5% cash back on my credit card, so 8% is much appreciated.

Community Concierge

@Blippe724 We created AARP Rewards to inspire you to learn, prepare and get ahead of whatever life has ahead. From health and fitness to retirement and money management, we're here to make your next steps easy, rewarding, and fun. 

Once you get started, it's as easy as 1-2-3. You can earn points by taking brain-boosting quizzes, tracking your fitness, signing up for newsletters and more. And as an AARP member, you'll earn points 50% faster.

Trade in your points for sweepstakes entries, local deals, discounted gift cards, charitable donations and once-in-a-lifetime adventures. Participating in the AARP Rewards program also gives you exclusive access to discounted gift cards that can be purchased. I invite you to check out more about the AARP Rewards program by visiting our site: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/about/ Please let me know if you have any questions, I'm here to help!

Regular Contributor

thanks - at times we forget that the rewards are sort of an incentive for us to learn via quizzes and videos - we need motivation to make our lives better ! My wife loved the short exercise and yoga videos during the pandemic.  Personally, i'd rather have more opportunities for lower values (spread the wealth) than only 150 cards available for 30% discount.  Besides, the higher redemptions might be enough of a disincentive to eliminate the "youngsters" from claiming all of the gift cards, leaving more for us members .....

Periodic Contributor

II don't see the benefit of having to USE points, tor an impossible chance of winning something in a sweepstakes, which  I have never believed are real. Where are the gift cards! .

Trusted Contributor

Just wanted to share, I can assure you the sweepstakes are real. I generally play a few  (5-6) of them daily and looking back, I have won several $100 cards over time.

Some popular games will have more people playing for the prize than others, but over the years, I have won $100 Old Navy, Omaha Steaks, Under Armor, Home Depot and Ruths Chris. 

The odds of winning  AARP sweepstakes seems small but the games are real.

Is this a good payback on the time invested, no. Is it fun? For me, yes. I don't do sports book, lottery or video arcades (poker/slots). 

Contributor

Janelle,  I have over 70,000 points and I’ve searched many times for rewards.  I agree with the reviews in this column that they aren’t really rewards.  They are a way for AARP to make money off of members.  With this many points I should be able to find something that I can use without a hassle and without spending any money.  It feels like a scam for someone to take advantage of me.

So if I have 780 points and if I pick the $450 carnival gift card, do I still need to pay for it? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hello, @NancyE319570. Sorry, but you cannot obtain any cruise gift cards with points that you've earned by watching AARP videos, completing quizzes, etc... Yes, you will need to purchase these cruise gift cards out-of-pocket, RE: $450.00 Premium Carnival Gift Card, which is valued at $500 w/ 10% off.

Hope this information is useful for you!

@NancyE319570 wrote ‎11-10-2023 08:58 PM:

So if I have 780 points and if I pick the $450 carnival gift card, do I still need to pay for it? 

Contributor

Earning points is not a problem—redeeming them is a sh!tshow! Go to this website “for further details”. What if I’m not in a space/time to go through yet another website’s hoops—that doesn’t take me to the actual reward?  Or enter a **bleep** scam sweepstakes. That’s a reward? Just offer an immediate electronic coupon/code and stop all the **bleep** hoops. And let me sort rewards with a filter, so I don’t have to deal with the wasteful, non-helpful, non-rewards of ‘enter to win’ nonsense. 🙄

Contributor

So, I pay for a discounted gift card and redeem points at the same time ?

Community Concierge

@daved512000 When you participate in the AARP Rewards program, you can process points-only redemptions as well as redemptions for purchase. Learn more about the program here: https://aarp.info/3yV2cOe

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Today I Want to try and get members to express the need for AARP Rewards 3 E-gift cards redemption a month should be increased due to Inflation. Can we start a petition or something? I've noticed the 3 different Hooters e-gift cards,1 (Extra Credit $5 (members only) 1 For everyone $5 and 1 Instant Win $10. They have quite a few e-gift cards for points. I say 3 Redemptions for non members and maybe 5 Redemptions for Members only. Everybody Let's get on board and push AARP Rewards for these benefits. They're making us watch more and more ads . I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Periodic Contributor

Good evening. I was wondering if you might be able to help me with a redemption I want to resent to me.  It's from February of this year. The link doesn't work anymore. Can I send you a message with the email . Thank you for your time and help 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MoniqueC566411 Hi Monique, here to help! I reviewed your account and it looks like the only email from Feb was for a $10 Banana Republic gift card redeemed on 2/18/2022. I was able to re-send it for you. You can expect to receive it within 24 hours; also be sure to check your spam folder in case it lands there. Please let me know if there's anything further I can do or if you need assistance with a different redemption!

Trusted Contributor

Hello Janelle, I am hoping that you can assist me with a similar issue. I discovered that I had inadvertently filed a redemption in an unrelated email folder that showed as unopened.  This is for a 5-18-2023 1800 Flowers gift certificate.  I tried to open it however get message that it expired and will not open. Hopefully you can help me on this?  Thank you 

Order #: 36801001256726
Date ordered: 05/18/2023
Item: $10 1-800-Flowers Gift Card
Points redeemed: 24,000
Savings: $‍10
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@tinasinge You got it! You should receive that email within 24 hours.

0 Kudos
Contributor

II am an AARP member. How the h!ck do I get the "Premium" gift card rewards UNLOCKED that are for "Members only"?! This is very frustrating, and I can't seem to find the answer to this question ANYWHERE!!!

TEN
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi tenece. I'm sorry you're having an issue. May I please ask what premium rewards gift cards you want purchase? Are they Extra Credit ones? - Stephen K. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP