Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Problems with Daily Deal and Sweepstakes

Super Contributor

Problems with Daily Deal and Sweepstakes

For the past 2 days, I have used 50 points for a chance at the Daily Deal, and 1,000 points for a sweepstakes entry. All 4 times, I have gotten a message that said "an error occurred, refresh my browser and try again." Well, I did that, and then I get the message about "coming back tomorrow to try again." But, when I check my redemption history, it shows I've lost 2,100 points to these entries, but it doesn't show that I actually got the entries. What's the deal here, AARP?

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi Janelle ,

You wrote: "While we work to correct this error, we can check your AARP Rewards profile to let you know if your Daily Win entries were won."  

Does it mean we have to call AARP each day it happens to know if we won the Daily Win? Please let us know. Thank you.

(I played today and got the error message. Did I perchance win? Thank you.)

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@a170938b I was able to review your AARP Rewards account and I see your $10 Walmart Gift Card instant win play for today did not win. You are welcome to ask us on here or if you'd prefer to give us a call, we can be reached at 888 687 2277. We appreciate your understanding and I'm always here to help if you need anything further.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you, Janelle. This is helpful.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@a170938b You are most welcome!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Thanks for reaching out! You will see a real time message indicating that you've won or lost when you redeem points to play a daily instant win. To check your total number of sweepstakes entries, please visit your transaction history and set the filter to 'Redemptions'. That will show you how many sweepstakes redemptions you've made toward entries into the sweepstakes. We are always here to help!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM 

did you read the message you responded to? The "real time message" people are getting is "OOPS an error occurred

aarp-oops.JPG

This happens on Sweepstakes, as well as Daily Win.

On Daily Win, you don't know if you won or lost, All you know is OOPS and 50 points are gone.

Super Contributor

Exactly right. Janelle, your our explanation is way off base. We don't get the "Sorry, try again tomorrow," or the confetti showing that you won. We just get the error message. So, it's like playing on a broken slot machine. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ej64073754 the Rewards team is working to resolve the error messaging that may appear when some participants are redeeming for points only items in the catalog. Please be assured your redemption is being counted towards the item you are redeeming for. Feel free to check your transaction history under “Redemptions”: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/transaction/#view=redemptions.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

We are investigating this site issue. Due to slow response times during a point redemption, this is causing timeouts to occur. The "Oops! An error occurred. Please refresh your browser to get back on track" message may appear. Although the message displays, the point redemption was completed. While we work to correct this error, we can check your AARP Rewards profile to let you know if your Daily Win entries were won. Also, you'll receive an email from customercare@helloworldfulfillment.com with the subject line "Congrats! Complete some next steps to get your prize." if you win a sweepstakes.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP