Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Popcorn Factory Gift Card expired - but has no expiration date?

Contributor

Popcorn Factory Gift Card expired - but has no expiration date?

Today I went to redeem a $10 Popcorn Factory gift card I had won. Their website told me it was expired, and yet on the Congrats! email it reads "Does not expire".  Any help would be appreciated. 

Community Concierge

@TimothyR695730 Thank you for letting us know, Timothy. I'm terribly sorry that you're experiencing this. You're right, those gift cards do not expire. Please reach out to the vendor of the Popcorn Factory gift card directly for assistance with this: http://www.freshgift.com/ 1-800-993-1192

Periodic Contributor

i also had gift card problem so clicked on link you provided & it's invalid -- should advise us to call aarp rewards customer service rep to reissue new gift card link.  this is message i got using your link http://www.freshgift.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi:  Account Suspended   This Account has been suspended.
Contact your hosting provider for more information

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@dologram Which gift card are you having a problem with? Also let me know what exactly is happening (are you receiving an error message when you try to use the card/ is the gift card expired/ etc) so that I can look into this further for you.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello i'm having also having problem with 2 links that are saying that the links are expired, both from 1/2023. Could I get some help please?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@jk38095905 Hey there! The emails were re-sent when you gave us a call. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything further! 

Gold Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM   I had the same thing happen this week with my Zappos cards.  I'd been saving up mine and my hubby's cards until my size was restocked in what I wanted.  So happy to see it and began my order, entered two cards okay, but then I got dead links for the others.   I was afraid to stop the order as I might have lost the two that did work.  So I paid.   Is there any way to stop this from happening?   Some things take a while to accumulate enough $ to make a purchase of significance.  

UPDATE:  I took @dologram 's advice and called customer service.  The very nice lady resent the two Zappo's and the Popcorn Factory.  It is odd how some are valid and some are not.  The very oldest in my electronic file (a Nintendo I can't find anything to use for) is still valid!   Sounds like someone at that company you mentioned made a big mistake invalidating no expiration date cards.   The contests are regulated by law and doing that has to be illegal, not that I'm an expert in that but it is treated as a sweepstakes and open to all.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@HokiePoq   I also had an issue with Zappos, however, I was able to get 4 gift cards redeemed.  The first 2 were successfully deducted from the order, and then I had a problem with the next 2.  Refreshing the Zappos order page allowed me to enter the next 2 gift cards successfully.  Hope this helps.

Gold Conversationalist

@JoLo49  Thanks.   The problem was the dead links for the older Zappos.   Could not get to the certificates at all.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@HokiePoq  I print out my certificates when I receive them because the older AARP links will disappear.  My certificates are all older ones and was able to use them, however, had a problem on the Zappos site accepting more than two certificates.  Discovered that refreshing the order page allowed me to enter more than 2 certificates.  Hope AARP will be able to retrieve your certificates. 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@JoLo49  Printing doesn't help if they have deleted the card from the system.  I attempted to redeem a $5 Sheetz last week.  I'd printed it and deleted the email so I wouldn't try to do it again.   It was rejected.  Now I've gone to the site and the balance shows ZERO when I'm positive I didn't redeem it.

Very concerned about all those I printed and have not yet used.   It's unpleasant for me to present an invalid card for redemption.  

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

OMG, it is concerning if some unused older cards can be deleted from the system.  There should be no expiration date, so the cards should remain valid.  I hope you can get the card replaced with a valid one.  Thanks for the heads up!

Community Concierge

@HokiePoq Unfortunately, we can't prevent it from happening with the older emails; the links go stale in time. If you're receiving an HTTP Status 400 Bad Request error message, then this is specific to your browser. If this error happens, please log out of your aarp.org account and close/restart your browser then log back into aarp.org and try to access the link in the email again. Do you need me to re-send any emails for you?

Gold Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM  Thanks for the reply.  No, it's not either of the browsers involved.  I get the same message as @dologram  below.   If a gift card has no expiration date, this should not be happening.   It has happened both to me and to my husband's account.   Those were the Zappo's.  Then, worse, I took one to Sheetz where I've redeemed several before and it was not found in the system.  I don't have the original link to that as I printed it to use.  Apparently it got mixed it with those I've saved.   Now I am very afraid my printed cards are going to be a problem when I take them to the stores.

Now I have to wonder what freshgift.com is doing with the balances from our voided gift cards which are not supposed to expire!   AARP or HelloWorld needs to deal with that site and see that the expired cards are all honored and if they are going to cut them off in the future, a correct expiration date needs to be added.   I doubt that individuals have any status with that website, only those who have contracted with them.

P.S.  I've checked my Sheetz and it's invalid although I didn't redeem it.  And my Popcorn Factory $5 card has a dead link as well.   

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@HokiePoq What are the dates of those redemptions so I can locate and re-send the emails for you? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM   I rejoiced too soon, unfortunately.  The three links I was sent all worked.  No problem with Popcorn Factory.   Neither my husband's or my Zappo cards have pins.  I am thinking the Zappos will not work without the pin.   Can you help?

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@HokiePoq    My Zappos cards didn't have PIN's.  I was able to use them on the Zappos site.

Gold Conversationalist

@JoLo49  @jk38095905    Thank you JoLo49!   Janelle, you can ignore my post.  I didn't recall that they didn't have pins on this one.   Have been overstressed over this problem.

Gold Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM   Thanks.  The nice lady at customer service did that for me today.  Hopefully the certificates will work!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I also have a problem with an expired link to a Hooters gift card. When I try to redeem it says the page you requested is unavailable? 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ChristineA690584 I was able to re-send that email for you. You should receive it within 24 hours. Let me know if you have any further issues with it!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

thank you for reaching out but all my gift card woes resolved (not by invalid freshgift.com you provided) but by calling rewards customer service to reissue new links. but here's example of error messages received for 4 expired gift cards:

The page you have requested is unavailable! 

https://pages.email.aarp.org/link-expired/

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP