Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Now delayed awarding of points for activities BS has turned into super long delays or NO points BS

Gold Conversationalist

Now delayed awarding of points for activities BS has turned into super long delays or NO points BS

Newest Update 11/5/22

It just started to work again after the entire day screwed up ☹️....but for how long? 🤔

¯\_()_/¯

Take care   ☮️~Allen 🌈

======================================

Update 11/5/22 Now delayed awarding of points for activities like watching videos and doing quizzes has turned into super long delays or even NO points BS! 😞

Can’t redeem anything either☹️

======================================

took 3 quizzes

3-4 times NO POINTS>>>>THAT'S BS!

WHAT A WAY TO START THE NEW MONTH!

SOMEONE'S GOTTA TAKE OVER THIS MESSED UP REWARDS PROGRAM NOW! 😠

quizzes BSquizzes BS

BS.JPG

Community Manager
Community Manager

@neldat357771 @a170938b @WebWiseWoman @garyfish49 

Thank you for reporting this, the error on the page does state that we are experiencing delays and to check back in a couple of minutes, points are being awarded but have been experiencing a slight delay in some instances.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi @AARPTeri

I was a bit surprised to see lots of people addressed here...except the one who started the topic...me

That said .....yes....Sorry, no points this time.... may only be delayed...but I was trying to do the extra credit ....& until credit for each quiz showed up I couldn’t proceed....that’s why I took the quizzes over again thinking it might credit ‘this time’.....because it should have said... ‘you already took this quiz.’

The problem is sometimes Sorry, no points this time.....it’s not simply delayed...like watching a long video.... only to keep checking on the transaction history....& realizing I had to rewatch it to get my earned points!

Another example is instant win errors: The 1st instant win error was just delayed...but the 2nd one was for real...so I had to re-enter 

It’s unbelievable that now we don’t even know when the errors are valid...or the points are just delayed....

Anyway ......Hope you have a good week!

Take care ~Allen 

Community Manager
Community Manager

When you reply to a thread someone started you have the option to tag others as well, it automatically replies to you and you are notified.  As a courtesy I tag others so they will be notified of the response as well.  I have escalated this complaint to the team to review.  Sorry for your frustration.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I'm shocked -- shocked! I say -- that I breezed through all 3 Extra Regrets lessons for the first time in maybe NEVER. I ignored the "Sorry, no points" messages after each and every video and quiz, and several minutes later the points magically showed up in my Transactions History. I am at a complete loss to explain how quickly I completed all the Lessons. My advice is to pay no attention to the "Sorry, no points" and forge ahead... within 5 minutes your points should register in your Transactions History.

That said... there's still some long-standing issues and problems with AARP's Rewards Program that a skilled and competent IT team would have rectified LONG ago. To paraphrase a well-known movie tag-line: "Competence means never having to say you're sorry."

Oh, and the banner for this month's Extra Regrets still reads "October" at this writing.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi  @garyfish49

Thank you kindly for your response.....

I appreciate what you wrote! 🙂

You, I & many others have mentioned the multitude of issues many times this year to no avail! ☹️

We’re not merely complaining ...but trying to bring things to the attention of those who could fix them!

I mean....Here we are trying to get these pitiful measly $5 GCs!! 🙄.....& even then...they’re often gone before we get a chance to redeem them!!  😒

Take care ☮️ ~Allen 🌈

Regular Contributor

•  

At least you can attempt to earn points from quizzes. I can’t even log into the website. I’ve been trying for over an hour.

75E7673C-7E30-4D59-9B74-B3A5C22F29BD.png

Regular Social Butterfly

Apparently you are logged in, as you are posting in the community which can only be done if logged in?????

Just sayin'

(Also, Verizon? Is that the ISP you use? Is that cellular or broadband? )

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

My ISP is AT&T internet FKA U-verse. I had no issue logging in to other websites.  
I was able to post here because I linked on this thread through the email I received on the initial comment. However, in order to access AARP Rewards, I was required to sign in. I started trying to sign in at 11 pm central time and was finally able to log in at 12:52 am. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Actually this is not always true. Sometimes one can log in to play games or to write in the community thread, but not in the main rewards system. With any possible permutation of the portions affected by the pesky log in problems.

As recently as yesterday morning, I could do quizzes and was doing them successfully, but was required to log in (again) to play any video; of course I could not, just like the writer to whom you answered.

I tried multiple times; no problem with accessing quizzes, no possibility of doing videos. The system knew my name, points, rewards... Trying a few hours later, I could finally log in for the videos and my problem was solved.

It is wise to not underestimate the idiosyncrasies of the AARP Rewards website.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP