Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Super Contributor

New Gift Card Award suggestions

Out of curiosity, I am asking you all out there, if you had a choice to add two or three new gift cards to the list that we could either buy or win as AARP members, what would they be for??

I suggested to AARP some months ago that maybe they can expand the list of grocery chain gift cards - I do not live near Kroger, Albertsons or Safeway, which I see all the time, but would jump for joy if I saw one for Wegmans or Publix (maybe those chains choose not to participate???)

Recently I snagged a Tim Hortons card the ONE time I saw it amongst the multiple Dunkin and Starbucks cards I see all the time.

Maybe if we compile a list of what we want to see, they will show up in the future to give us more variety - list any and all suggestions here!

Anne

Conversationalist

Maybe a year or so ago, the Rewards program offered $25 Points-Only Gift Cards for CBS All Access (now called Paramount+), and I would like to see those offered again.

Also, how about $25 GC's for Netflix?

And, at least one of the major cell-phone providers:

Verizon

AT&T

T-Mobile

Super Contributor

AnneG: an update Publix is part of the Kroger family grocery stores so the Kroger Gift card should be useable at Publix. I do not know much about Wegmans & somewhere in my memory bank is Tim Horton's yet I'm not on the tip of my thoughts today.

Stay Healthy!!!

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Sorry AnneG Publix is privately owned I thought out in CA they are part of Krogers to the best my knowledge...Oops Laura Human error

Trusted Contributor

Before listing any suggestions, posts for more than 3 "wins" per month lost steam after an initial outcry, so I'll rekindle that.  Chili's and Applebee's have been up for a while this month (like 2 weeks plus) and at 5 bucks per, about all you can do is smell the food.  If I'm willing to pick up another of my limit of 3, at least for 10 bucks, I can get a decent meal, or awfully close to it. Even if AARP isn't embarrassed to have quality places stay available for so long, I'd think the companies would/should/could be. Pinching to the tune of only 3 "wins" AND 1 per gift card is overkill.

Suggestions...and I don't mean this 5 dollar nonsense, thank you

Boston Market

PF Chang

both former offerings

others

Jason's Deli

McAlister's Deli

WaWa

Rainforest Cafe

Tastykake

Lifetime Fitness

The question was what companies would you like to see added, those are my direct answers to the direct question.  But I will repeat, action on this idea in response to the question as stated only means so much.  Better to have higher dollar value, and the option of more than 3 per month.  I could have said and/or, but upon further review, I'll stick with and.

Bronze Conversationalist

So few offerings for points only are in my area.  Would like to see more $10 (or more) cards for points only offered for:

Amazon

Walmart/Samsclub

Target

Publix

Harris Teeter (Part of Kroger but not offered.  HT will not accept Kroger giftcards)

CVS

Silver Conversationalist

I would prefer higher value gift cards than ones currently offered for $5.  It would be nice if AARP could offer $20 to $25 gift cards for points redemption as they did in the past.  The gift cards I would like AARP to offer are: 

• Whole Foods
  • Sprouts
  • Panera Bread
  • Crate & Barrel
  • Container Store
Conversationalist

Amazon

Target

Walmart

Petsmart 

Kroger

Silver Conversationalist

@AnneG461594None of the grocery store offerings are near me in Upstate NY. I would love to see Wegmans or Tops.

Regular Contributor

• Home Chef
  • Under Armour
  • Grubhub
  • Publix
  • Hulu
  • Netflix

I've seen these more recently, would like again/more of/higher value

• Uber
  • Amazon
  • Itunes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP