Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Macy's gift card issued with a zero balance

Periodic Contributor

Macy's gift card issued with a zero balance

Hi,

On 11/23, I redeemed my points for a $10 Macy's gift card.

Today, the Macy's associate scanned the card and said the card had a zero balance. 

Please resolve this issue.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I received a "Here is your Macy's promo code" email from AARP Rewards yesterday evening. It was a $10 Macy's egift card, which had a new number with an actual balance. Thank you @AARPJanelleM

Check your emails everyone!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

I also received that email and have a new card with the actual $10 balance. So another thank you to @AARPJanelleM .

Community Concierge

@todai123 Fantastic! You are most welcome.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Likewise, I received a Macy's gift card with a zero balance on Nov. 23.  I listened to  Macy's information about the gift card and they say it was used on November 17, 2022.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@J896552 Let's get to the bottom of this. I sent you a private message for more information. Learn more about your inbox and private messaging on our site: How to Send a Private Message

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleMI tried just now to send you an update about our efforts to redeem my husband's empty Macy's card. Very disappointed in the response I got last night. at the customer service number. He resent the same empty card, identical number and told me to call Macy's. This is not customer service. Please help. Contact info sent via private message yesterday.

Community Concierge

@HokiePoq I responded to your private message ๐Ÿ˜Š

Community Concierge

@todai123 @tesuga @11320cs @KatieK813364 @shamit @SeanK1 Thanks for flagging and bringing this to my attention. Our team is aware and I will update you all as soon as I find out something!

Trusted Contributor

@AARPJanelleM add me to the list of empty Macy's card holders - glad the others flagged it before I took the long drive to the nearest Macy's to get embarassed!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@KennethG683811 Thanks for letting me know! I see your redemption was from October and a replacement email for that one should be sent out this week. Please be sure to check your spam folders in case it lands there. I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM   Please add my husband to the list of those who got a card with zero balance.   I sent a private message with his contact info.   I am afraid everyone who redeemed got zero.   This is a triple whammy:   embarrassment for the member redeeming, trouble for the clerk, and annoyance for those in line.  Not good for AARP. 

On the plus side, I redeemed my pet cards today for a Christmas gift for our granddog. Most appreciated.

Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

Ditto double Ditto whammy....unbelievable 

I'm thankful haven't redeemed any BUT as you said Hokie this is embarrassing and not good look on AARP 

Sad sad๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ All mess members dealing with these days 

@AARPJanelleM Janelle know your trying help but really these issues are truly not cool completely unacceptable 

Hope all get things corrected & AARP makes a committment to avoid these things happening in future

๐ŸŽ„Have a blessed Holiday season๐ŸŽ†

Ginger  ;  )

Trusted Contributor

According to Macy's software on their balance inquiry phone number mine was used Oct 23, 2022

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@SeanK1 Got it. I sent you a private message to obtain the additional info needed in order to escalate this. 

Regular Contributor

Hello again,

I just got off the phone with AARP Rewards Customer Service about my $0 Balance Macy's gift card (I had also called last week).   I was told that AARP would be sending out a new email, with a new gift card this week sometime.

Good luck all.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@todai123   This is my nightmare.  I've saved them for Christmas shopping.   Do I need to call about each one?    Had this happen in line to me at Walmart last year.   Had a huge line behind me.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

My Macyโ€™s $10 gift card is also zero.  I just checked it today, Nov. 27th.  Are we now going to have to check gift cards balances just before we try to use any gift card issued to us by AARP?  

Trusted Contributor

Something tells me we will have to. Something also tells me that either they are  recycling gift cards or there was a potential intruder that stole gift cards somehow and used them without the knowledge of AARP.

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Mine is also sayings $0. What's up?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Tried reporting via chat support and agent is refusing to help saying I need to get Macy's involved and get the transaction history. Since when it is my job to fixed your mistake?

Community Concierge

@KatieK813364 I'm terribly sorry for any frustration this has caused. We are able to create an escalation for this issue. However, we just need the info from Macy's of the date that the balance was used since the balance is stating $0. I reviewed your account and I see that your escalation was already created when you chatted with us. Please allow up to 3-5 business days to hear back from our team.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I get it, but when trying to bring this to the attention to an agent I shouldn't have to be the one to do the investigation. This seems to be an issue with the gift card host which sent out the same gift cards to others who knows when/how many times. This being the 2nd time within a few days from the Target gift card problem should be a wake up call and someone should be investigating their software on what happened and correct it.

Gold Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM   It seems that this is not an individual problem, but that many if not all sent out on 11-23 have a 0 balance.   

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

Again? Target now Macy's?

@AARPTeri @AARPJanelleM

Conversationalist

I too redeemed for the Macy's card on 11/23.  I checked the balance and it was zero.  I also called AARP to report it late on Wednesday afternoon.  I was told they would look into it and to wait up to 5 business days. The first business day would be 11/28 since they would be on Thanksgiving break until then

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello,

The $10 Macy's gift card I redeemed for points on 11/23 also showed a $0 balance after I checked the balance on the phone with the phone number provided with the card.

I called AARP to report the issue that day, and was told to wait a couple of days to see if there was a delay with the AARP and Macy's systems connecting, but my gift card is still showing a $0 balance this morning.

As requested in the previous message, please let us know how this issue gets resolved.

Thank you.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP