CLOSE ×
Search
Social Butterfly

LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY!

eBay Gift Card

12,000 Points$5 Value

Available Now 

Enjoy a beautiful day! 

Try setup for us use as Main thread as they do with codes.... maybe it'll work either way I'm grateful for all who post info sure helps out Thanks! 

Ginger :  ) 

Silver Conversationalist

Finally, a $10 points only gift card available:  $10 Cabela's for 20,000 points.  Open to all.

Social Butterfly

$5 Amazon.com Gift Card

28,000 points

Appears still available at the link below.

Link from May 31st Rewards Newsletter:

https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/13031-13amazoncomgiftcard/ 

AndrewToo
Trusted Contributor

Thank You AndrewToo for posting the link!

Contributor

This reward was specifically offered to Aarp Rewards Newsletter readers. I think it's a bad idea to post the link right here. If anyone wanna get access to it, they should subscribe to the newsletter and should always check their email inbox for the offer. 

I hope they don't stop offering it.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

just curious tho - this thread has become a friendly place for alerting others about new points gift cards.  I used to regularly check the AARP website to scour for new items and it was very tedious, esp before someone (@KellytheBelly ???) posted how to weed them out).  How is this newsletter one any different ??  (and I'm proud when once in a great while, I'm able to contribute by finding a new one !!)

Community Concierge

Hi @RcD316530, here to help! We only have 1 AARP Rewards Newsletter that is delivered twice per week. To check and manage your newsletter subscriptions, select your name in the top right-hand corner and then select "My Account", then go to the Newsletters tab to view all current and available subscriptions. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

This is just a random thing AARP does at times with the newsletter offers.Many people that do subscribe never got the offer in the email.I think by now AARP knows that any gift card offered will eventually end up on this thread.If it was an issue it would not be a generic link that anyone can click and go to the offer.It would be a customer specific link.I did have the offer in my email but missed it thinking it was just a sweepstakes offer like most are as I scanned the email.So I would not have gotten one unless it was posted here.Its appears to still be valid today so there must have been quiet a few to get.

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you AndrewToo! I was able to redeem. Much appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

Periodic Contributor

Thank you for posting this - i was able to redeem it. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo โžก๏ธ  Awesome. Thanks, man! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ‘

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

@MemberS2006 

@HokiePoq 

I was unable to post, kudo, pm, change settings from about the 23rd

of May until June 4th.  I must have cleared my 20 times, no help and

used other browsers too; still unable to post..

I chatted with a human (Melissa) about it on May 28th and she told me that they

were unaware of anybody else having my problem.  She finally referred

me to an email address where I reported the problem all over again on

that same day.

I never got a reply to my request for help from the email address given

to me by Melissa which was  community@aarp.org

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I was unable to post during the discussion (as @gm5271 urged) of the Limit of 1 per Lifetime (per issuer...per the same point level...per denomination of gift card).  The rule is confusing and;

hope members post here when they are rebuffed with a limit notice while trying to redeem a gift card for points. AARP rewards needs to know when members are unhappy, right?

More troubling is the the limit seems designed to benefit new members of the program at the expense of long time active members of the program. The thinking behind this rule seems backward and I worry that we will be seeing more of the same where new members are allotted gift cards that should be available to all AARP/AARP Rewards members.  I'll leave the debate of AARP Rewards Non-members vs paid AARP members to others.

Kind of sorry for the long reply, however, I haven't been able to post for a while...

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew glad you are back & others also blocked That musta been very frustrating & is strange to say the least & a very long time also

Wonder why you experienced ๐Ÿค” that? 

Seems you were blocked out entirely that's most unusual 

So reckon you & others are saying new rules are 1 forever? That's sad I am no where as active as used to be but guess once I get cards from issuer/brand want be no reason to continue program? Or is it if already gotten them in past won't be able to from now? That's not cool at all 

I've not won a Sweepstakes since new Rewards only get 1 or 2 instant wins per year & no longer am sure how know when win on those recently read someone being told you now win with 3 across middle row I thought was top row?

I'm really leaning to belief we're getting some computer generated answers from way they sound & so unpersonal 

Take care enjoy your day! 

Ginger  ;  )

Honored Social Butterfly

Wasn't able to post this on the 1st, but for reference purposes, here's the June 2024 Extra Credit.

June 2024 Extra Credit (E.C.):  โคต๏ธ

SOLD OUT.png

The Sold-Outs!

Papa John's eGift Card  [Sold Out 06082024]
16,000 Points
$5 Value

Members Only
Ulta Beauty Gift
Card  [Sold Out 06072024]
18,000 Points
$5 Value

Walgreens Gift Card  [Sold Out 06012024]
21,000 Points
$5 Value

Starbucks Gift Card  [Sold Out 06012024]
20,000 Points
$5 Value

T.J. Maxx Gift Card  [Sold Out 06012024]
17,000 Points
$5 Value

Members Only
CVS Pharmacyยฎ Gift Card  [Sold Out 06012024]
18,000 Points
$5 Value

Happy June, Every๐Ÿฆy!  ๐Ÿ™‚

And Now It Is June Hooray.jpg

Gold Conversationalist

I have been trying for several days to post with no luck.  Hoping this comes through.  Last Friday's email had a newsletter exclusive $5 Amazon 28k points offer.   It was strange.  My husband's newsletter had the offer but mine did not, just the sweepstakes.   

I too was unable to redeem the Kroger offered before the end of May.  It should say:  ONCE IN A LIFETIME OFFER!   since that is what is being stated by one of our admins.   So May was a $15 bust for a lot of time.    Hopefully June will be better.  Naturally the Extra Credit offers that I might have decided to settle for were gone by the time I got up in the EST.    

Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

Hokie my email had that link clicked on see where went appeared legit but didn't get for that amt points & also my getting those phony AARP emails in past decided leave alone. Was your husband able to get it? 

But that's strange to think we're getting different emails from each other? 

Do recall having different promo codes in emails than what Marylin would post few times

Yes they should put ONCE LIFETIME if that way is

Things are strange for sure

Ginger  ;  )

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist

@gm5271   Yes, I was able to redeem it.   Usually just look for the code at the bottom, but now we'll be reading the newsletter more closely!

Conversationalist

Thank you for posting this.I looked at the newsletter in my deleted folder and the offer for the $5 amazon card was in my newsletter.It seems to still be valid.I was able to redeem for the amazon card last night.

Community Concierge

Glad to hear you found the offer and were able to redeem it last night, @MemberS2006. - Diana G.

Conversationalist

I haven't been able to post lately either.Apparently there was something wrong with the site since no one posted for a few days.

Silver Conversationalist

There is currently a new Members Only $5 Starbucks for 25,000 points gift card available in the catalog for June.  I was allowed to redeem even though it was the same offer as last month's offer in May for members.  It appears we are allowed to redeem for gift cards even if the point redemption and gift card denomination are the same in previous months, so this is a correction to my previous post.

Silver Conversationalist

Currently in the catalog, there are two  $5 Starbucks gift card for 25,000 points for Members Only.  Does that mean members will only be able to redeem for only one of these cards since they are exactly the same value for the same number of points?

Community Concierge

@JoLo49  Hi and thanks for reaching out! The Disclosure says: *You may only redeem Rewards Points for this item one time. You may make up to 3 Reward Point redemptions each month (excludes Instant Win Games, Sweepstakes and Local Deals). In some instances delivery may take longer than 24 hours."

So, you can redeem each gift card listed, 1 time. Enjoy!  Jodee R. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

One of the duplicated Members Only $5 Starbucks for 25,000 points disappeared from the catalog.  It appears we are only allowed to redeem "once" if the gift card is offered again for the same number of points in future offerings or in a different month.  AARP Consumer Care has not been able to clarify to my satisfaction, so perhaps this is a change that is new to the program.  This month there was only the one $10 gift card offered for points redemption, and the rest were $5 gift cards for an increased number of points.  The changes to the program doesn't seem to benefit the members, but instead, adding more limitations on how members are rewarded.

Contributor

Kroger Gift Card - Member Only 

16,000 points; $5 value

Contributor

Safeway Gift Card- Member Only

16,000 Points -$5 Value

Periodic Contributor

Does not work for me. I am receiving the following.

"Purchases of this item are limited to one.

Please checkout the catalog for more items."

i purchased a $5 Safeway gift card for 16,000 points on December 18 2023. Is it possible the December purchase record has carried over preventing me from redeeming this offer?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@tommankowski Yes, that's right. The terms for that item state "You may only redeem Rewards Points for this item one time." Since you've already redeemed for that same item, you are not eligible to redeem for it again. I hope this helps.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I thought it meant you could only redeem it once per offering.  Is this something new where we will not be able to redeem for another gift card even if it is offered several months later?  All the offerings say you are limited to 1 per person.  tommankowski redeemed for one 5 months ago and this offering just showed up in the last couple of days.

If it once per person forever this program is totally worthless after a short period of time.  It would mean there would pretty much be nothing to redeem for since you redeemed for one several months or even years ago.  Please clarify.  Is it once per offering or once forever.  I want to know if I am totally wasting my time. Because I have pretty much redeemed once for the gift cards you offer that I could even use.  I have redeemed for a Walmart gift card one time sometime in the past.  Was that my one and only Walmart gift card forever?  Is this something new?

Community Concierge

Hi @shamit, I can clear this up. The Safeway Gift Card for 16,000 Points is a special promotion and the limit for this specific one is 1 per person (it appears in the disclosure for the item). At this moment we don't have any Walmart gift cards available, therefore, I cannot check the terms for that one. Be sure to check the details of the gift cards before you purchase them for more information. Also, the purchase and redemption limits can be found in our article:  https://help.aarp.org/s/article/rewards-point-redemption-limits?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=13600553... - Diana G.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP