CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY!

eBay Gift Card

12,000 Points$5 Value

Available Now 

Enjoy a beautiful day! 

Try setup for us use as Main thread as they do with codes.... maybe it'll work either way I'm grateful for all who post info sure helps out Thanks! 

Ginger :  ) 

Gold Conversationalist

@RenateW69623 I agree.

And to those who have a lot of points:  I advise using the excess for sweepstakes now.  When the old program ended, we got about a month's notice.   People had a million or more points to use up and everyone was trying to use them at the same time.  (I didn't as I try to use as many as I c can on redemptions...which has become problematic of course).   Better chance to win something now rather than at the closing panic should that happen.

Honored Social Butterfly

@jserramcorder Well, maintenance seems to be complete, nothing seems to have changed (as far the correction of misfiles of hidden items in the rewards catalog goes), and I was hoping your diligence on resolving the matter would have come to some fruition. It does not seem to be. And, I find myself disappointed in so many ways here, there, and everywhere - as of late.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

There is a $10 KOHLS for 22,000 points in the hidden section. 
IMG_0260.png

lucyp061351
Periodic Contributor

Thanks. I found the Kohls gift card!

Gold Conversationalist

Yes, still there!  I tried but it's the same one.  Thanks to all for calling it to our attention.

Looking at this thread, I can see no new gift cards for points since the Groupon on July 10.  I Don't think I recall another nine day dead streak like this.  Makes me worry that only instant wins and sweepstakes will remain.   Very frustrating.   Maybe I missed something?

Periodic Contributor

I am not familiar with the hidden session. Can you please clarify. Thanks

Trusted Contributor

Welcome to the discussion.

For the best understanding, it is explained in others posts.

The condensed version is, these offers are not really "hidden" they are in plain sight when you take the time to scroll through all the pages of offerings.

However, the existing filters provided by AARP, such as under Redemption Type: choosing "For Points" these cards don't appear.

So the discussion on here is sharing finds and easier ways to find them 

They are infrequent, but also since they hidden in plain sight by what is most likely sloppy coding, they typically don't sell out as quickly. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you to @OneDayMatisyahu for taking the time to share as well as thanks to all other contributors keeping this thread productive.

It may well be me, when I do the "points" search without any other filters, I am able to find the elusive cards but I see a lot of offerings beside gift cards. If this is anyone but me, I found that adding some search operators helps me. I am not saying this is an answer and hope someone can elaborate on it.

So using the search term  points -greeting -coloring -ebook  with the minus sign right before the word, suppresses the results with that word. 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist

Hi @LesL269823🙂 Thanks for your tip....would have never thought of this on my own! Yes...as @OneDayMatisyahu pointed out.... as we “combine the experience and wisdom of our demographics; and we become 'more efficient/ better in our manners.'” ....it helps everyone...as the proverbial “2 heads are better than one!”

2 heads are better than one!2 heads are better than one!

Take care!  ☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Therapist4u and to everyone for the great response.

For anyone not familiar with Search Operators, it might be of great interest to get to know a few common ones as these shortcuts are not limited to AARP but applicable in web browsers, i.e. Google or most other search engines you prefer. These even work on a few shopping sites (not Amazon). I find that 3 of the most simple are my go-tos. 

I use the hyphen more than any, placed before any word you want to exclude from results.

use AND (all caps) between two words if you want your results to include both.

use OR (all caps) between two words to combine searches. Use it to search for results that have one of those words but not both.

Important to always remember, that just like AARP not showing for points gift cards even though you are filtering for them, sometimes you have to look beyond filtered results.  I was happy to discover these worked on AARP.

Also amazingly helpful everyday is the Find Function in your browser, if you don't know it, you will find it an incredible time saver. You can use this to find words on a page without scrolling. Just remember it finds text, not text that is part of an image.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @LesL269823 🙂 You’re welcome! ...& Thanks for your response...& for more of your helpful tips!👌👍 [sorry for delay in replying... but I only get a few of all the email notifications of the things I’m subscribed to 😒 ...l never did get yours....& rarely get topic posts anymore] ☹️

TBH: This is why I come often to this page....where you’ll find the REAL members... who are interested in helping all who come here to seek advice & answers! Most of the rest of the rewards program suxbigtime! 😄  Without the hidden rewards....(& “U never win so Y try” sweeps &  lame instant... sorry you dint win ....wins)  there is NOTHING to spend points on!😩

So at least there is fellowship & camaraderie here! ☀️

Take care☮️ 🏖 ~Allen 🌈  🏝 🛶

Honored Social Butterfly

Yes! You can use this same search feature on any browser, too, by typing a minus (-) before a word you'd want to omit from search results. This has been a thing for some time! I think I even learned from Ellen DeGeneres on Facebook. lol And, amazingly, it does work on AARP.

However, I hope, with this current maintenance, they fix the 'catalog of hidden items,' as I do not think Members should be doing scavenger hunts when they pay AARP for their rewards program, and what-not.

Bronze Conversationalist

✔️Great work/ fix LesL269823   😃  😉

I just tried your fix and it cut down the number from about 93 to just 36 entries/ rewards. 😀

Just combine the experience and wisdom of our demographics; and we become 'more efficient/ better in our manners.'

😎

Honored Social Butterfly

So...Besides the NEW 'hidden' points only redemption GCs that @OneDayMatisyahu revealed just recently: 1) Jersey Mike's and Bath & Body Works, there seem to be (2) Jamba Juice points only redemptions now. I see the 'Extra Credit' Jamba Juice 5.00 for 12,000, and a 'hidden' Jamba Juice 5.00 for 13,000. 🤔

2 Jamba Juice GCs (one hidden).png

Honored Social Butterfly

Only a Few Left!  Sold Out

Jamba Juice gift card (this is the non-hidden redemption 😉)

12,000 Points
$5 Value

Jamba serves up wholesome nutrition and inspires healthy living. Jamba gift cards are the ideal way to share and enjoy a wide variety of master blended juices, smoothies, bowls and shots. The Jamba gift card is redeemable in over 650 Jamba locations in the US, is free from service fees and gift card funds never expire. To check your balance, obtain additional terms or find participating locations, visit us at www.jamba.com.

jamba-juice-gift-card-marble-incomm.imgcache.rev.web.400.400.jpg
Social Butterfly

@OneDayMatisyahu 

I'm glad the "points" search is still working for the most recent "hidden" gift cards.

Thanks for the heads-up!

AndrewToo
Bronze Conversationalist

2 New 'hidden Rewards' -

1Jersey Mike's Gift Card -   Sold Out      (as of  ~ 6:30 pm -ish est )

$5.00 Value 14,000 Points          ( Just went public - as of  ~ 3:08 pm est )

------- >  This would be about the 6th  found 'somewhat hidden rewards' using the 'search function' I had mentioned a while back

From ----> Redeem ----> 'All Rewards page' - don't enter any 'Filter By'

- just move across to  --->  "Search for "pizza", "restaurants", etc ---> box and enter the word -  jersey mike          (  Is now offered in the regular catalog as of ~ 3:08 pm est  )

--------------------------------------------------

2 - Bath & Body Works Gift Card   Sold Out

(now seen in regular catalog as of 7-24-23; and is Sold Out )

$5.00 Value      15,000 Points

------- >  This would be about the 7th  'somewhat hidden rewards'  found using the 'search function' I had mentioned a while back. 

- just move across to  --->  "Search for "pizza", "restaurants", etc ---> box and enter the word - bath

Alternate Method - you can enter the word - points = but this will give a very large number of possible rewards available - and you will have to sift thru/ click on '' View More ' button to find these 'new hidden rewards' mentioned.

A shorter list can be seen by entering " points -greeting -coloring -ebook " <---( just copy and paste this phrase ) *   Thanks to  LesL269823     😃

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

😎   Oops!...I Did It Again

My forecast for these    3 * new 'hidden rewards' is that they will last a bit longer than normal now; rather than if they had been offered in the regular catalog.

Congratulations to Kelly for finding the 8th 'hidden reward' - that actually cost more points than the first Jamba Juice gift card - 🤔

Honored Social Butterfly

AARP Foundation Points Contribution  Sold Out

4,000 Points
Contribution

AARP Foundation works to end senior poverty by helping vulnerable older adults build economic opportunity and social connections. Even before COVID-19 concerns prompted calls for physical distancing, nearly 1 in 4 older adults were affected by social isolation and 43% of older adults reported feeling lonely. Connect2Affect, AARP Foundation's platform to end social isolation, provides information, resources and strategies to help increase social connection. By funding innovative concepts and launching new programs, AARP Foundation is calling attention to this public health issue and helping older adults build the social connections they need to thrive.

isolation-tile-a.imgcache.rev.web.300.300.jpg
        'Isn't it a beautiful day?'
Honored Social Butterfly

Only a Few Left!  Sold Out

Members Only

Buca di Beppo® Gift Card

10,000 Points
$5 Value

Buca di Beppo® serves authentic, Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. At Buca you’ll enjoy the Italian traditions of food, wine and hospitality. The food is meant to be shared and served on family-style platters perfect for passing around the table. Dishes are available in two portion sizes: Buca Small® serves two or more, Buca Large® serves four or more. With over 70 locations nationwide, Buca is the perfect place for celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner, or having a night out with family and friends. Reservations are accepted, so call ahead and reserve a great booth, table, or room for your group. Be sure to ask about the specialty tables-a “Pope’s Table” that seats 12-18 and a “Chef’s Table” that seats 6-10. Buca looks forward to sharing food, friendship, and fun with you.

buca-di-beppo-gift-card-marble.imgcache.rev.web.300.300.jpg
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

The $10 Kohls for 22,000 points is still there.Thought that one would be gone by now since there has hardly been anything to redeem for this month.

Bronze Conversationalist

Is the Kohl's gone now? My head is spinning trying to find the "Hidden Rewards" lol

Bronze Conversationalist

Scroll down. It's explained by several members in different ways.

- just move across to  --->  "Search for "pizza", "restaurants", etc ---> box and enter the word - kohl

😎    As of 7:00 pm est it is still there/ available.

FYI - these 'hidden rewards' were first reported/ posted back on June 14th of this thread. 

Bronze Conversationalist

I see it now, thank you!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It's still there, @TheSuzyQ. Zero filter, type 'Points' in search field, near the bottom of the page you'll see Kohl's. 

Bronze Conversationalist

I see it now, thank you!!

Bronze Conversationalist

So true.

My theory/ opinion: of all the ARRP members who engage in the Rewards Program - most will not check out the ARRP forums - in particular this thread. These 'hidden rewards' I have mentioned are not listed in the regular catalog/ with filters on or off but can only accessed by using the 'search function' I had mentioned.'

So one can say we are a small exclusive hard core 'reward fanatics' - who take the time to check the forum; and are now somewhat given somewhat 'special access' to these rewards.

We all have complained about rewards 'being sold out' so quickly; but now - we few here are given more time to get these perks/ rewards. 😃  I like it.

You can bet if these 'hidden reward items' were offered on the Extra Credits first of the month - open to all - in the regular rewards catalog - these items would have mostly been gone in a few hours/ quick time.

One can 'almost sayAARP have devised a way to those who frequent and contribute to the forum ( AARP likes our activity) an 'advantage/ a special privilege/ a pre-view with more time'   ✔️

😎  This is my theory/ opinion.

Gold Conversationalist

@OneDayMatisyahu You are correct.  Most do not frequent the forums or the hidden gem would be long gone.  However, I imagine someone is hard at work to "fix" this, to negate any tiny advantage forum members might discover.  That has been the pattern in the past such as the physical items not counting as redemptions.  Someread read that and told the programers to change it.

Conversationalist

I find it very annoying lately.I have about stopped watching videos or doing anything to earn points.Show whats offered and let whomever sees it first get it.No one has time to go on a wild goose chase for hours each month to get nothing.They also need to update so you can have a billing and a shipping address without wasting tons of money to send new cards every time you have to switch to a physical address to get a gift then back to mailing address.I don't want or need cards mailed anyway since all membership materials can be digital or printed.They could offer the option to have them mailed to persons that wanted them.With all the theft I don't have anything mailed unless its the only option.Last month was the first month I didn't get three redemption s for a long time.I really like aarp but the rewards program needs updated.Each update has been less user friendly.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MemberS2006  It's really good to know that I can find the hidden redemptions now by searching 'Point/Points,' and not by business/retailer name (ie Kohls, The Container Store, etc...), as that seems more reasonable. I expected Kohl's to be sold out, too. 

Regular Contributor

Groupon gift card    Sold out in 3 hours or less.

17,000 Points

$10 Value

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP