Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

It's time for the 2021 Spring Hunt!

Hi everyone!

There are 3 flowerpots tucked away around AARP Rewards for you to find. You'll find surprises like exclusive points-only offers and bonus points.

Get started here - https://www.aarp.org/rewards/discover/

Don't delay, the Spring Hunt ends Monday, April 5th at 9:00 am EST and these offers are only available while supplies last.

AARPTeri
Conversationalist

Because I had used up my 3 offers for March, none of which were the 'bonus' offer from the Treasure Hunt, I thought I would be able to get the 'bonus' card today, April 1. However, the system is telling me I already redeemed this offer. I did not. I even checked my redemption history and it is not there. Can this be fixed, please?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Contributor

where is the near you flower pot

Conversationalist

Go to Local Deals Near you and scroll down. It is down by the black AARP banner that runs across the full width of your screen which has things like 'About AARP', different languages, etc in it. The flower pot sits on top of the black banner.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

It said that I already redeemed the offers.  I guess it counts the December hunt items in this hunt.  Still waiting for that magazine from December to start.

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes! I love these Treasure Hunts!!  However, I have to agree with the aforementioned comments. I was so excited for this *Bonus* but crestfallen when the points-only gift card was unattainable because I had reached my 3 card limit. 

Bronze Conversationalist

@AARPTeri  It would be really nice if the rewards for participating were 'extra rewards' and not count towards our monthly allocations.  For example, it would be nice if the points only gift card offered was an 'extra' and not counted as one of our three monthly points only redemptions.  It would be an added 'bonus' to participate in these fun activities.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marilynwiecz @cmulinix @TheSuzyQ @GitaG508487 

I wanted you all to know that we passed this feedback on to the Rewards team and that we understand your frustration with not being eligible for the hunt goodies?

The good news is you are eligible to grab the Spring Hunt bonus when monthly limits reset tomorrow!!  (Thursday April 1sT). 

Thank you for providing us this valuable input and don't forget to start hunting tomorrow!

AARPTeri
Regular Contributor

- This is supposed to be a bonus offer, yet it counts towards our monthly redemption limits.
- This same deal was offered as a winter/holiday bonus offer back in December and if we had redeemed the deal at that time, then it appears that we are not eligible to participate again.

I can't help but feel that this Spring hunt is turning into a wild goose chase 😀

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Actually it is not allowing us to get the Spring Hunt bonus even though a new month has started. The system is telling us that we have already redeemed this bonus even though we have not. Can this be fixed?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@BeachGirl23 We identified the issue and the site has been updated! Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

It is still not fixed. 

0 Kudos

@BeachGirl23 which bonus are you receiving the error message for?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm also having the same problem.  After finding the flowerpot and getting the message that I can redeem points for the Dunkin' $5 gift card, I got the error message "You have already redeemed for this item.  This item is limited to one per user."   I have made only 1 redemption in March and the one before that was in December.

Also tried clearing cache/cookies, logging out/logging back in and using a different device - same message.

0 Kudos

@M11891 We've fixed that issue and you should be able to redeem now!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Sorry, but the issue is STILL not fixed. Can you please look into this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

@BeachGirl23 @M11891 @LindaJoy53 Unfortunately we hit a snag with the fix last night. Thanks for your patience while we continue to look into this.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Fortunately I got the Dunkin Donuts card & yes it cost me 11,000 points. not much of a "Gift" to play & I only got $5.00 on the Dunkin Donuts card. I should not be that desperate for a Dunkin Donut to give away 11,000 points for a $5.00 card & that would not cover a dozen donuts.

Thank you

Stay Healthy!!!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Still not fixed. I tried again today (4/2) and still can't get that Dunkin card either - I have not met my 3 gift-for-points rewards limit for April, but I did trade points for a Dunkin gift card in December's rewards hunt program. It continues giving the message that I've already redeemed this offer, so I guess one to a customer means for all time. 

Trusted Contributor

YAY!! i tried again just after midnight 4/3 and it worked normally - I was able to get the Dunkin gift card with points. Thank you, AARPBriana

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Well I guess I YAY'd too soon. I did get the confirmation screen after I purchased the Dunkin card for points - and I see in my Transactions that the 11,000 points were indeed deducted from my account, but it's now been 20 hours and I've yet to receive the email with the link to the gift card (and yes, I checked my SPAM). Please resend. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@LindaJoy53 It can take up to 72 hours for you to receive the email. Have you received it yet? Let me know so I can look into this further 🙂

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Hi Janelle,

No, I have not - I usually get those emails within minutes. Today I even searched thru my Trash folder on the chance that I'd accidentally deleted it - but no, never received. Thanks for any help with this!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@LindaJoy53 Thank you for letting me know. I have re-sent the email and you should receive it within 72 hours. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Just tried it.  It's still not working for me.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

It is the $5 Duncan Gift Card which is part of the Spring Treasure Hunt.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

But will the Spring Hunt bonus count as one of the maximum three for April?  If so, it's not really a bonus 🙃

Gold Conversationalist

Yes, @LR54  Especially when Krispy Kreme same $5 card costs less points.   

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I agree. It would be great if these bonus offers are not counted towards monthly redemption and daily earning limits. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP