Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Instant Win - TV Streaming Service GC

I won a steaming promo code for $25

I understand that you can't select the streaming service of your choice 🙄

So, I won a Showtime promo code (I wish it were Hulu) that I can't use on my Amazon video account; It has to be a standalone service on my TV (or device).

What streaming service did you other winners receive?  Just wondering.

It shows that there will be 845 winners!

Thanks!

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus 

Hey Lucy,

Thanks again for your input.  I was just trying to show that we have mixed messages on the gifting our rewards to others.  My intention certainly wasn't to disagree with your post. 

Trading could fall under the gifting category, because you are not really selling; you are replacing a card you can't use with one that you can use.

Just sayin'

AndrewToo
Silver Conversationalist

Thanks Again. We need more members that really care like you Andrew 🙂

Just Saving 

lucyp061351
Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus

and

@AARPTeri (maybe you can weight in on this)

Thanks so much for searching for a rule about trading gift cards, Lucy.

However, the image below is from my "Extra Credit" program points redemption on 10-1-21 and it shows clearly that a gift card can be sent as a gift.  See below:

BedBathBeyond 9-30-21.jpg

So, I'm confused.  Are we restricted from mentioning my intention to give a gift card away?  Or am I restricted from actually giving a gift to another member?

What can we do and what can't we do?

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Andrewtoo -

There is no issue with giving away/gifting cards. The issue comes in with the reselling of cards which is prohibited per the Terms and Conditions.

AARPTeri
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPTeri 

How about trading/swapping cards ??

Just Wondering 🤔 🤔 

lucyp061351
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@a170938b 

Thanks for letting us know that there is something out there other than Showtime.

I get showtime as an add-on to my Amazon account.  It will be cumbersome to cancel my Showtime on Amazon and open Showtime as it's own tile and then back afterward.  I like the channel being available on Amazon with others that I like.  I don't need Showtime as a standalone channel.

The Showtime code still has value...but again, it will be some trouble; cancelling twice and adding the app or channel again to use it.

It seems that trading gift codes is frowned upon.  I saw a topic about trading gift card codes and it appears to be have been deleted.  I don't know if that is an Online Community rule or a Rewards rule?  But, I couldn't find a moratorium on trading codes in the Rewards rules, but I could have missed it.

AndrewToo
Silver Conversationalist

I could be interested in your Showtime card  🤣 😆

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@andrewtoo 

Hi Andrew,

Evidently trading, swapping or gifting e-gift cards in the forum must be more of an Online Community rule rather than an AARP Official Rule as you stated, as the only thing I found in the official rules was "non-transferable". That definition is

"a non-transferable document belongs to one person and cannot legally be given to another" 

I definitely was chastised in this very forum some months back when I mentioned acquiring another members gift card that they were unable to use. I was told it violated AARP policy.  I should note that phrase is missing from the streaming service rules and only "No Substitutions" is used.

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus @andrewtoo 

Indeed you were Lucy

I was part of that 😞 happening...its ok to do guess just not to be broadcasted 🤔🤭🙃

Thanks @AARPTeri Teri for sharing no issue giving away so trading with another for what each can use is ok & great to hear

As was done in past I never clicked redeem just sent intial email I'd received to another's email address not through Private message correct Lucy? 

Enjoy maybe I'll try again couple streamers I'd like to have opportunity checkout

Have a beautiful one! 

Ginger  ;  )

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Congrats Andrew!!  My husband won this morning and it was a Showtime as well.  He loves Dexter so I am sure he will use the code to watch at home instead of going to a friend that has it.

Anne

Silver Conversationalist

Andrew, thats a lot of garbage this provider is shoving at us. If they can give us a choice/pick/selection on the Grocery and the Fuel Sweepstakes then they certainly can give you a choice of streaming service. (unless Showtime is the only one they purchased)

Just Saying  

lucyp061351
Conversationalist

I got CBS all access. I am hoping my son in law can use it. I can't.

Regular Contributor

My mom said she won a Showtime card too (also needed Hulu).  Maybe we can start up a swap/exchange so people can switch with others to get the streaming card they can actually use.  I hate to just let good cards go to waste.🙁

Silver Conversationalist

WATCH IT TAM: The community managers frown upon any talk in the forum about selling, gifting, swapping, trading ect ect any egift cards. Good thing we still have private messages

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Regular Contributor

Yikes!  Thanks Red. Didn't mean to suggest anything out of bounds.  I can understand if you played to win a prize you didn't want, just in order to swap it - that'd be totally wrong.  But in this case, you're trying to win a streaming card that's randomly assigned - luck of the draw if you get one you can use.  Just hate to see them go to waste.

PS  This girl from MS loves your @ name. 😉

Conversationalist

Why? I remember an email suggesting gifting. Selling would be different of course.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Hey Andrew congrats

I've played twice and not won even with 845 winners plus only last til Oct 7th odds should be very good.. oh well Enjoy! 

I wasn't aware there's no choice thanks for info think I'll pass on trying anymore

Happy Sunday! 

Ginger ;  )

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP