Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Gift Cards

I ordered an Amazon card and a Walmart card on Tuesday 06/01. These were in the Extra Credit section; I completed the tasks and ordered the cards. The points were deducted but I never received the cards. If I can't have the cards can I at least have my points back?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

You will be added to our list of users who are experiencing this issue and will receive your emails soon!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

I bought 5 Safeway gift cards.  I was sent emails that don't have the required barcode on each card.  Instead of a real barcode the word "barcode" is written on the gift card.  So Safeway rejects them.  This is a new glitch for AARP, in past months I've bought the card and gotten valid cards with bar codes.  How do I get my cash back or valid cards?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@kphillipsca When you open the gift card to view the barcode, please refresh your browser and that should display the barcode on your Safeway gift card. 

We are aware of this system issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

Contributor

That worked.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@kphillipsca Glad it worked! Enjoy 🙂

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@kphillipsca 

Just another stall tactic in use by this administrator. You cannot tell me that they did not know these cards were going out without the necessary barcodes. Instead of offering us meaningful value points only gift cards this administrator chooses to dishonestly use this tactic to use the members money and make themselves look good. How long do you suppose you will have to wait for a refund ?  NOT GOOD !!

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Please add me to the list.  I did not receive three $5 eGift cards (Target, Walmart & Amazon) earned through extra credit on 6/1 and redeemed.  It shows in my transaction history.  Never received in my regular inbox or spam.  I have spoken to 3 different customer service people and the last one I spoke with told me to wait 72 hours.  3 days later still no eGift cards.

Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Trying to add my name to the list who did not receive a redeemed gift cert. How can I contact AARPTeri

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

We will add your name too!  Thanks for the tag @HokiePoq !

AARPTeri
Gold Conversationalist

@VictoriaT460003 @AARPTeri   Tag her as I just did.  Very helpful to the folks above and I'm sure she'll help you as well.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP