Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Silver Conversationalist

Franchised Restaurant Chains

This is an FYI about some franchised restaurant chains not accepting gift cards that are purchased or redeemed with points from AARP.   The gift cards are redeemable at the corporate owned locations, but the franchised restaurants may not accept them.   The cards purchased or redeemed from AARP are considered "discounted gift cards" so franchised restaurants are not required to accept them.  The  franchised restaurants in my area not accepting AARP gift cards are:  Burger King and Krispy Kreme. Check in advance if the e-cards you plan to use are accepted at your restaurant location.

Silver Conversationalist

I called the Burger King corporate office and found out that some Burger King restaurants are franchised and privately owned, and they are not required to accept the corporate issued gift cards.  Each franchised privately owned store can set their own rules regarding acceptance of the gift cards.

Regular Contributor

Hi JoLo49,

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it's more of a regional issue?

Can you share in what general state/area you are in. Whatever you feel comfortable, if any, you want to share.

Maybe others will share their successes and failures for their areas too.

I'm in San Diego. My Panera Bread cards have been fine in the past - no issue (yet?).

Used Subway a few months ago without a problem. I haven't tried Chili's in a while.

Thanks again for taking the time to warn us.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP