Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Display of Sold Out rewards

As of today, 12/3/20 there are 15 Sold Out rewards listed. This is annoying at best for anybody trying to participate in the AARP Rewards program as it increases the chances of users missing an available points only reward by having to scroll through all the rewards that are no longer valid. Additionally, as another member mentioned, one may lose the chance of getting an available reward but will miss out as the item will become sold out in the time it takes to scroll through the unavailable ones.

Having Sold Out rewards display on the same day that they sold out is acceptable as it provides a status for those looking for that item. However displaying them for a week now is just bad practices. I for one am starting to lose interest as it appears that there are just old rewards which are no longer available. This should be a simple software fix for your developers. Please encourage them to tidy up the listed rewards.

Thank you.

Periodic Contributor

Great to know that they are released randomly throughout the day, but there are rewards that I've seen that are always "Sold Out". I've never seen them available. (Amazon gift card, Uno gift card, Sam's Club gift card.) I mean, never. Not once. Maybe you could... ummmmm... offer more of them than you do? Just sayin'

Super Contributor

yes always sold out

i have seen amazon macys etc but never able to get them

i log in different times but never available

would like to use my points before they start expiring 

Super Contributor

still same issue 

nothing for my points today and same for weeks

Gold Conversationalist

@MartinJ770731   Unless you stayed up until after midnight EST, you didn't see any of those.   One of our posters reported that all of those were sold out by 1:30 a.m. CST.   PST had it better, beginning at 9 p.m. their time.  The ones you mentioned are the extra credit ones that begin on the first of the month.   Keeping them listed after they're sold out brings questions like yours, a logical question.   The ones that come at other times are at random times, just not very many of them. 

But yes, the main problem is that there are too few points only rewards for the number of active participants.  Yet AARP continues to send emails and put ads on the games etc. promoting the program.  Some of the emails tell the story of one person who got some good rewards last summer when more were available.  It is unrealistic to get people to think they will really save enough to make a mortgage payment.

Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️

Hokie 🎸you rock! 😎🤗Absolutely hitting nail on head 🔨🔨🔨Thanks! 

Had give a shout 📣out📢 worth more than a kudo 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🥳

Thanks! 

Ginger ;  )

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your reply Teri. When you share our feedback with appropriate parties what, if any, response are you receiving? Is it a discussion or are you only able to submit our feedback but you are unable to receive feedback from their side. Wondering if they respond that it is too difficult a request to honor, they are looking into it or no response at all.

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Thanks Teri for your reply

Will you tell us your thoughts and the possiblity of a filter for Sold Out or moving to bottom?? Suggestions made here??

Thanks

At this moment in time there are more 'Sold Out' items than available 

It indeed is a issue having hit see more so much to just check what's available while keeping eye out for those Randomly throughout the day items for points to pop up 

Appreciate your help & again thanks for reply showing us you are aware

Enjoy your day! 

Ginger  :  )

PS: I do like labels that's been a nice improvement helping us avoid unnecessary clicks to find out 

Social Butterfly

@tinasinge 

Hi tina

Like your idea of filter or move sold out to bottom of list... another option

I do like seeing what's been available also kinda keep eye out when shows up but also agree it does clog up list...I truly think they added Sold out because they've gotten lots of comments/posts from folks saying never are any available... check out another thread about it.... where Quote: Teri's famous words 'Randomly throughout the day" came to be 

I'll tag Teri @AARPTeri since you only had her name Will see what her thoughts are

Also when Hokie @HokiePoq stated 9PM for next month to appear....its 1st of month at 12:01AM EST just after midnight its only 9PM for PST last day month because of time difference hope that helps explain 

Personally I've had very little luck at 1st month no matter time I check cause they get gone so quickly... Several times saw went done extra credit then was gone truly wild cause all have do same to earn guess depends on speed of internet & completing 

I'm EST but my luck has been few times when 'Free for Points Only' appear "Randomly throughout the day" as Teri puts it and I've seen them all times of day.... so as I've posted b4 it's truly Luck of draw 

Good luck Stay safe 

Ginger  ;  )

Trusted Contributor

Hi not seeing a word from Teri am I missing where she would weigh in?

Social Butterfly

@tinasinge 

Hi

No your not missing anything if she reads our thread she will reply here if she chooses to 🙃🤔

I'll tag again hopefully she'll reply soon

@AARPTeri 

Teri appreciate your help with this matter thanks 

Ginger  ;  )

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your thoughts and best wishes will look forward to seeing Teri’s response and hopefully AARP tech support in making changes.

Blessings to all of you on this page, so respectful of each other.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP