Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Daily Deals for the Week of 1/15 - 1/19/2024

Community Manager
Community Manager

Daily Deals for the Week of 1/15 - 1/19/2024

Healthy Eating Week! 

Monday, January 15th:  Albertson's!  $10 gift card save 40%.

Tuesday, January 16th:  Albertson's!  $20 gift card save 40%.

Wednesday, January 17th:  Albertson's!  $30 gift card save 40%.

Thursday, January 18th:  Albertson's!  $40 gift card save 40%.

Friday, January 19th:  Albertson's!  $50 gift card save 40%.

Posted daily on the Redemption page, links will be live from 12pm - 2pm ET while available.

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

Has anyone tried requesting that they add Walmart cards? I was just going to do that. They are everywhere.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

There was an Instant Win offering for Walmart for an entire week during mid-December 2023.  I'm not sure if AARP has ever offered Walmart Daily Deals.  It would be a very popular Daily Deal where there would be a lot of technical difficulties to purchase.  It's already frustrating trying to purchase a less popular daily deal.

Conversationalist

Thank you, AARPTeri. You should know that I live in Ohio and this week's 'Albertson's' gift cards are not applicable to me at all. Only one of the stores, Shaws (and there is only one of them), is over 60 miles from me. Whose bright idea was it to exclude almost half the country doing this? Will next week's offerings apply only to we who were excluded from this week's offers? Didn't think so. 

Please tell the powers that be not to do this again.

Thank you. 

Silver Conversationalist

There has been a lot of technical difficulties purchasing the Albertson's daily deals despite excluding a portion of the AARP members.  There is either not enough gift cards to meet the high demand or the site can't handle the high traffic volume.  I was able to add the deal into the cart and proceed to checkout,  but couldn't complete the transaction.  I got the "technical difficulties" message, and then my cart went empty.  Once the deal is in the cart, there should be ample time to check out and complete the transaction, but that is not the case.  Perhaps the "Daily Deals" should be offered randomly throughout the day to alleviate the high traffic volume, and it would be luck of the draw to be able to purchase.  The technical difficulties have been happening since the start of the AARP program, so there needs to be a change.  JMHO

Trusted Contributor

My purchase for the Albertson GC went through with a confirmation that my order was received and being processed, but I did not get the gift card.  It appears confirmation does not guarantee that you will receive the gift card.

Conversationalist

You might want to check with your credit card company to see if you were charged for the GC. There should be a 1-800 number on the back of the card to call. If your bank is like mine, the automated system will provide the latest charges against your card. If you know the date of the charge and the amount, you can tell if you got charged for the GC. If you did, but didn't receive it, please call the AARP Rewards 1-800 number to get this corrected. They will be happy to help. Good luck. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

My order and payment was confirmed received.  I will check my credit card to make sure there is no pending charge.   Daily deals are so frustrating.

Periodic Contributor

I clicked on the deal and it was available then a message said they were all out!  So this system does not work.  Also, if you read the print at the bottom of the Albertsons's deal of the day they only have 150 cards so that means they disappear in a second.

Trusted Contributor

I live in Indiana and these daily deals are worthless to me. The same vendor for all 5 days? For once I wish they would have gift cards that everyone has a chance of purchasing (which is usually slim to none)!

Regular Contributor

Amazon gift cards to purchase are always gone by 8AM. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I live in Indiana and these daily deals are worthless to me. The same vendor for all 5 days? 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I had the daily deal in my cart, but by the time I verified my account and tried to check out, the deal  was no longer available. Why does this happen?

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Happens to me about 50% of the time. It ALWAYS happens to me when it is a Lowes or Home Depot card. It is a lousy way to run a system.

Contributor

The same thing happened to me both yesterday and today. I had it in my cart, and when I tried to check out, it said it was no longer available. Why is someone allowed to steal something out of my cart? Both days, it was still only 12:00 when it happened. The last time they had Albertson's cards, I was able to check out, and I got a message saying they received my order, but they apparently never did. This is beyond frustrating.

Trusted Contributor

I also received a confirmation that my Albertson order was received and was excited that I successfully checked out, however, I never got the gift card.  I agree, frustrating!

Conversationalist

This really stinks.  A whole week of cards for just one store.  Yes I know there are a variety of stores it can be used at.  But there isn't a single one of them in the state I live in.  So members like me are just left our for a whole week. They are great cards at a great savings, just leaving some people out for an extended period.

So hard to win sweepstakes and instant wins.  Hard to catch a gift card you can use on points.  And now good savings on a purchase of a gift card but nowhere to use them.  I feel definitely left out.  I guess you have to live on the East Coast, West coast, Florida, or a big city.  Feeling ignored in the middle of the country.  A rewards program that isn't at all rewarding for me.  Hope everyone else enjoys the gift cards.

Regular Contributor

Ditto!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP