Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Current Redeemptions Aren't Deducted from Oldest Expiring Points

Trusted Social Butterfly

Current Redeemptions Aren't Deducted from Oldest Expiring Points

Hello Rewards Warriors,  

If you have earned points from previous year (May 2020) and redeem points (May 2021) it's not subtracted from oldest points😢.  That's not the expiring points policy.

Management please explain!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@JoLo49 

Isn't working for me😕

Example;

1000 Oldest Points Earned Un-Used (May 2020) & Expiring May 2021

500 Points Used (May 2021)

1000 Points Expire instead of 500

I lose all oldest points regardless of a redeemption; if I redeemed a 1,000 oldest points for May 2021 then no points should expire because they were used.

Not happening at all.

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I checked my account and it was deducting points according to the rules. May I suggest that you take a snapshot or print screen of or just write down all the numbers and dates from the Transaction Menu "Points Expiration" before you do any redemption? Then do the same and compare after Redemption. It will either put your mind to rest that all is working well or it will give you a proof which will help AARP looking into the problem. Hope all works out well!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090

The earned points expire in 1 year if not used, and redemption points are subtracted from the oldest points earned.  Under the Transaction History, there is a drop down option to see how many points will expire each month from the previous year (2020), and a "warning" to redeem those points before they expire.  The system appears to be working as it should.  I have been keeping track, and my "older" points are being subtracted that were earned in 2020.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP