Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Create POINTS ONLY filter under REDEEM rewards

Periodic Contributor

Create POINTS ONLY filter under REDEEM rewards

Please create another way to filter redeem rewards to include: POINTS ONLY.

I don't care to go through all the 'rewards' I can redeem for $$$ (e.g. $13 for a $15 gift card).  I have the points, many members have the points.  Please enable us to quickly view those rewards redeemable for POINT ONLY.

Thanks 🙂

Silver Conversationalist

@grdolphin @mi4090 @Brightpool @ralmon @jb88767227 

Really all the comments aside, the filter is a mute point. We currently have a Filter “points only cards” which by the way incorrectly list all the sweepstakes. (Why then do we need the sweepstakes filter)

Management has proven it will never consider any of our idea’s or suggestions. We have been pleading, begging, cajoling whatever, for a small increase in the number of “Points Only eCards” along with a small increase in the number of rewards redemptions per month. All we got was a staggering increase in the number of purchase eCards and an underhanded system for stealing points that we have EARNED for our trouble.😫 Last count was 112 (for purchase cards)

Now, management has finally accomplished what was intended all along, to completely remove all Points Only Cards from the catalog. As of this morning 9/19/20 there is only one ( 1 ) left, which I don’t think belongs in the catalog to start with. SO there you go, no further need of a “points only filter. I guess we all should make use of that card, the Brain Health Score, because all of us need our heads examined if we continue participating in this program ( so frustrating ) The way I see it there definitely cannot be a future for this rewards program. I guess you could say I have had a moment of epiphany, an enlightenment, or an intuition regarding the truth of this matter.

So Sad

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

Just for clarity the filter is actually “Items for points” not “points only cards” as I mistakenly said in my last post. I suppose the sweepstakes and daily win are considered items that cost points. I just don’t see the point of a sweepstakes filter.
Anyway, it’s day 2 and still no rewards for points only in the catalog. My My, no surprise on that front.
Just Saying
lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, having Sweeps under Items for Points filter makes no sense at all.  Creating a Sweeps filter would be more logical.

We need a "Points Only Gift Cards" filter😊  The filter would be empty most of the time.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Silver Conversationalist

N'est-ce pas
lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, yes it is logical.  Guess logic doesn't count here😊  I didn't know there was already a Sweeps filter, I don't do Sweeps.  I just go through redeem all and view everything daily.

Have a Blessed

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Under the Filter is

Type:

• Everyday Essentials
  • Restaurants
  • Entertainment
  • Sweepstakes
  • Items for points
  • E-gift cards
  • AARP Foundation

Assuming the Sweepstakes would show under Items for Points because thats the only option to enter is by using points.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Ray,

Items for Points seems to be Points Only filter,  does this include items offered for % off plus points?

Good looking out Ray😊

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

My attempt to see "Points Only" did work with Ray's suggestion to use the "Items for Points" filter.

That showed the Daily Instant Win, Daily Deal, five sweepstakes, and the Brain Health options.

Stay well and enjoy!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

hi @grdolphin 

After you select All Rewards, there is a "Filter By" drop down list. In that dropdown, there is a "Items for Points" menu item. Is that what you are looking for?

Cheers,

Ray

Contributor

Everything listed after applying the filter is a Sweepstakes (here, why don't you gamble with your points) entry! Responding to emails to earn points is RIDICULOUS when they can't be used! Even with the local deals, once you use points for something, it appears you can't use your points for the same deal again!

Your touting of points is extremely misleading reeks of manipulation! Please address this!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @jb88767227 

A "Points Only" filter will not be created.  It will only show the majority useless items being offered that have been "Points Only" for months.

It would be to much work to update the filter for wanted "Points Only" items that would only be in the filter less than maybe twice a month and for seconds before SOLD OUT.😊

Just my opinion.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hold on here. I may be misunderstanding all the excitement here but just to rehash where we are in the thread.

@grdolphinhad asked about a way to filter for points only. I pointed out that the "Items For Points" filter might do exactly that. There hasn't yet been an acknowledgement of whether that was the case or not.

@jb88767227and @mi4090   Not everything shown will always be only sweepstakes. That's only if there are no other point items in the catalog (or the AARP person in charge missed tagging an item correctly).

Example: right now, I see the Daily Win, 5 x Sweeps, and that Brain Health Score listed. All for points only things.

True, though, some items might show up but are sold out before the catalog updates itself. That's just the shoddy code used in programming the catalog - sigh.

Cheers,

Ray

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP