Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Charged multiple times

hi all! I was trying to buy a gift card, and I got charged 4 times on my credit card! Each time AARP errored out so I tried a different card. I did finally get 3 gift cards in my email however 😞 

What do I do with all of these excess charges? 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@StnicholasB224079 Let's get to the bottom of this. I have sent you a private message here on the Community site for more details. Here are instructions to locate your private messages: https://community.aarp.org/t5/Technology/How-do-I-send-a-private-message/ta-p/2185159 I look forward to speaking with you further!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Did you get a resolution?  I am in the same boat as you and have $1800 in charges pending status and have been advised not to use any of the redemption codes and they could not do anything at this time.  😫

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MarkO272310 Hey Mark, I also responded to your post and sent you a private message to assist with this

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

No and I am kind of peeved at AARP. I talked to a representative and their entire idea was:

"Call Carnival or do a charge back"

This stuff CANCELS your entire cruise and way too risky. This is something AARP should be able to handle and if their system gives an ERROR it shouldn't take money.

Both payments settled and didn't get all the gift cards. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Wow. So you are out the money with no resolution?   This is really unacceptable considering it's the AARP branded rewards system which is generating these errors.
I this escalates I have screen shots and documented records I will use.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

exactly. I plan on calling the bank today to get more information when they open (few more hours). 

This is unacceptable and AARP's customer agent had an unacceptable response. I shouldn't have to contact a third party to handle a billing issue that AARP themselves did. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP