Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Carnival Giftcard

Hello,

I purchased a Carnival Giftcard on Feb 10, 2024 and have not yet received it.  I have checked spam, trash, and old mail boxes. Please assist 

Thank you, 

Tanya Hill

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello,

I'm also encountering this issue. I purchased a Carnival Giftcard on Feb 16, 2024, and have not yet received it. I have checked spam, trash, and old mailboxes. Please assist.

Thank you.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JoeB609811

Please visit https://help.aarp.org/s/article/contact-aarp to chat, text, or speak with a representative who can help you update your profile and check on that gift card. Thanks!  Jodee R. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

When I try to purchase Carnival

cards it doesn’t even have an add to cart. I am a member and it says members only and I can’t purchase them.  Why?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Through research and experience, we're starting to learn that AARP isn't all it's cracked up to be.  You'd think an organization as large as it is, this wouldn't be such a common occurrence.  Yet, it seems to be common knowledge and practice that you either; A) Get an error message when trying to purchase gift cards, for no apparent reason.  OR B) When you do purchase gift cards, they aren't delivered in a timely manner, leaving the purchaser holding the bag, because the purchaser is out funds, while waiting for gift cards.  Double bonus, if purchaser was trying to make payment to the cruise line and can't get the gift cards in time, then they have to pay final payment and are now holding the gift cards and forced to use them on another cruise if they cannot get rid of them?!!

Standard response from AARP is, "we're escalating your complaint and you will hear from us in 3-5 business days."  After experiencing this, I will never do business with AARP and will make sure to spread the word.  

Contributor

Funny you say that, we have had a similar experience.  We tried to purchase gift cards last Friday and got an error message, I'm not allowed to purchase gift cards for some reason on my account.  Just last month I was able to purchase with no problem, but now I'm locked out from purchasing.  When I called to inquire they just kept telling me she said she did not see why I was locked out and then said, "I have escalated your issue to the AARP technical support team.  You will be contacted in 3-5 business days."  No matter what I asked that was the answer.   Yes she was nice, but it's become apparent that is the canned response for the call taker.  So, I cannot buy any gift cards now to pay off my cruise and I have not been contacted by AARP either to fix the issue.

Also, like you, after doing research online, I've found out that a lot of people run into these problems and it's been going on for years.  Why can't an organization as big as AARP figure out how to fix this?  You would think they would want to keep a better reputation.

Community Concierge

Hi Robert. I'm sorry you're having an issue purchasing your gift cards. A Member Relations team member should contact you within the next two business days. If you have any questions, I'm always here to help. - Stephen K. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi Tanya. I'm sorry you didn't receive your Carnival Gift Card. For information on help, please click on https://aarp.info/3llQSny If you have any questions, I'm always here to help. - Stephen K. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP