Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Buying cards almost always almost always errors out

Regular Contributor

Buying cards almost always almost always errors out

I've given up so many times when I wanted an AARP card because it seems like a lottery with this error that has been posted over and over since 2020 😞

Does anyone know of a way to get PAST this? I cannot call because I don't have a phone reception where I am

There was a problem with your payment. Please try again or contact AARP Rewards Support at 1-866-451-6305.

Contributor

Can you help me? I can't buy any

Regular Contributor

I am not sure how I can help...maybe give it a few days.  I tried immediately after I became a member...it was odd - but after a week or so I was able to - reach out to AARP on here and have them submit a ticket...maybe that will help

Community Concierge

@AmandaL67734 Here to help, Amanda! Are you getting an error message? What exactly is happening when you try to purchase an item on our Rewards site? 

Contributor

It’s now October 10th 2023 and it’s still not working and still getting the same message to contact support. It worked for me 2 days ago with the same Debit card, same address, same info also trying to buy the same gift card and now no payment will go through again. 

Community Concierge

@ElsieO542483 Hi Elsie, thank you for letting me know. Have you had an opportunity to contact support? 

Contributor

How I contact them? 

Community Concierge

@ElsieO542483 I thought you were receiving an error message telling you to contact support. Let me know what error message you're receiving and I will do my best to assist!

Contributor

hello the website is still broken and giving the error message. I have a 15k hold on my credit card now so its definitely going thru correctly. I called aarp customer service and they have no clue how to fix or release the holds on my credit card. AARP is a disgrace in handling these rewards why dont you just dropped them and see how many members you lose. Just horrible with no solutions. Maybe we can start a class action suit 

Community Concierge

@MichaelN704283 Hi Michael, thank you for reaching out! I looked into your Rewards account and I see you have successfully purchased gift cards on Nov 1, 5 and 6 and the emails were released upon purchase. Are you missing any of those emails? Let me know how I may be able to assist, I'm here to help!

Regular Contributor

Hi, after a few days mine worked…all of a sudden just like that!!! I also had a pretty hefty hold on my CC, but I tired one day to see what would happen and it worked!!!  I have been buying gift cards successfully since June!!!

when was the last time you bought?

Contributor

Has this been fixed yet?! i just joined aarp for the gift cards and if this is still ongoing i will be cancelling my account i made last night. I got this for this purpose alone. 

Regular Contributor

Mine now works, it took a few weeks from the first time I tried, but all of a sudden it worked 

Contributor

No hasn’t been fixed. Also

joined 2 days ago

and unable to purchase any gift cards

Regular Contributor

I had to wait about two weeks from the time that I joined to successfully be able to purchase gift cards.  After working with Chase diligently, they said that it was some sort of address verification.

were using 6 different accounts whos been members for years. No ones account works that i know

Periodic Contributor

Same. Mine doesn’t work either. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

UPDATE:  Hi; I have been able to buy cards online about three weeks after I posted my original issue/complaint all of a sudden one day I said 'let me try again' and it worked!  I called my bank (Chase) and AARP several times - and I was told over and over 'it's not us - it's them' - I even used different addresses; different cards - no luck...but one day it was fixed!!!  I have been purchasing gift cards online on/off weekly since about June 2023!    (8.3.2023)

Regular Contributor

Hi; I have been able to buy cards online about three weeks after I posted my original issue/complaint - all of a sudden one day I said 'let me try again' and it worked!  I called my bank (Chase) and AARP several times - and I was told over and over 'it's not us - it's them' - I even used different addresses; different cards - no luck...but one day it was fixed!!!  I have been purchasing gift cards online on/off weekly since about June 2023!  

Regular Contributor

I tried again and got the "There was a problem with your payment. Please try again or contact AARP Rewards Support at 1-866-451-6305." again. 😞 

Esteemed Social Butterfly

Does this include videos? Because I have tried to watch many videos this morning, only to constantly receive 'sorry, no points this time.' I have to do quizzes, which I am running out, and that's not quite right to prevent me from getting my daily point allowance. Please advise. Thank you. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP LIMITED TIME OFFER
Flash Sale! Join or renew for $9 per year with a 5-year membership.
Join or renew
and get a FREE gift!

AARP Membership Flash Sale

More From AARP