Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Social Butterfly

August 2024 Extra Regret-it

It is not working. So, I guess, it's Up and Running, huh?!?

Enjoy Folks!

surpise surpirse surpise Extra Regret-it.jpg

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@Therapist4u 

ahhhhhahahaha!

I like the stunned tech support kid.

AndrewToo
Gold Conversationalist

Hey Andrew! @andrewtoo

Thanks so much for your posts!๐Ÿ™‚

Iโ€™m so frustrated ๐Ÿ˜ž & P/Oโ€™ed ๐Ÿ˜ฉ about this constant, & sadly, never-ending EXTRA REGRET-IT crap!!.....

As a friend said: โ€œGiving up on another Extra Credit  Dash....The stress of this site is not worth a $5 gift cardโ€

So as usual...Iโ€™m gonna add some light-hearted.... & light-headed LOL! humor break to help ease the pain....

nerdy tech gal.JPG

nerdy tech guy.JPG

Tech support seems stunned that there are still so many problems with this site!

Just another day in paradise...eh? LOL!

Anyway...as always...

Stay safe....&...Take care my friend!

โ˜ฎ๏ธ  ๐ŸŒฉ๐ŸŒฆ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ  โ›ต  ๐ŸŒž

Social Butterfly

I'm glad I started at midnight...I finally got a confirmation email for the Amazon redemption.

Sorry if anybody didn't get the gift card that they wanted because of lack of planning on the part of the Rewards program.  I try to only grip and complain when it is helpful and/or I'm completely "fed up"[angry about (something that has continued for a long time)] with a Rewards issue.  Tonight, it's fed up.  Otherwise I'm a fan of the program.

I think I'm going to "time out" for the night now.

AndrewToo
Honored Social Butterfly

SOLD OUT

Amazon.com Gift Card

Members Only

20,000 Points

$5 Value

โญ‘ เน‹เฃญ โญ‘... โŒžWhat the GLITCH!โŒ ... โญ‘ เน‹เฃญ โญ‘(ใฃ อก อกยฐ - อก อกยฐ ฯ‚)
Conversationalist

It looks like it is now working after the 504 Gateway Time-Out.

Conversationalist

Oops!!! Looks like I got lucky to get my card.  It is giving me the Gateway Time-out again.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

@RenateW69623 

Yes, I agree that the problem is because many, many members are using the system at the same time without corresponding action to handle the traffic.  What I think is laughable, is that the IT experts wouldn't be ready for this demand and get short term extra resources for this monthly promotion.  It is not a "surprise" hike in traffic considering that it is monthly and at the time each month, actually starting the same second each month.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

WHY can't the rewards program get it's act together??? It is now 1:03 AM EST and I cannot get a reward that I did the tasks for. Yes, it is the Amazon reward. Either it says, they are experiencing technical difficulties OR there is a limit of one per user. I NEVER EVEN GOT ONE!! It's not like they don't do this EVERY month. Oh, wait. 

It's bad enough that I had to do the tasks 3-4 times just to get to the point of selecting a reward because of their 'technical difficulties'. Then to spit in my face and not give me the reward is just hateful.

Conversationalist

Were the points deducted from your account?  I also had to try multiple times because I kept getting error messages, and then finally got the "Limit to 1" message.  When I did a refresh, the points showed as deducted, and a few minutes later I got the reward email.

Conversationalist

They were not deducted initially. About 45 minutes later they were deducted - that would be around 1:45 AM. I am pooped today.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Just the usual cluster**bleep** that we have been trained to exoect from AARP Rewards.

Nothing new there.

Bronze Conversationalist

Instead of bleeping my very descriptive, frank, and applicable word, would you mind work on fixing the problems that we encountering all the time without relief and without help from your sadly incompetent organization? It would be a better use of your time!!!!

Conversationalist

Well things have even got worse for me. It now tells me I have 0 points when I have over 1 million.  So I have to now start earning points all over again.  I will not be able to redeem for this card.  It tells me I am 20000 point shy of being able to redeem.  This is the worst it has ever been.  Time for the Federal Trade Commission.

Community Concierge

@shamit I'm sorry to hear your points are not displaying correctly! Please send us a private message with your complete name and mailing address, so we can locate your account and look into it further.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

And the hits keep coming.  It also won't let me do anything. Can't earn points.  It keeps sending me to log in.  Which I must be or I wouldn't be able to post here.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Now I am am getting the 504 Gateway Time-out.  What is next?

Conversationalist

Ha, maybe the system finally crashed.  I was just doing the Instant Wins and also am now getting the 504 Gateway Time-out message.  Guess this means it's time to go to bed.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

I keep checking my transaction history to "confirm" my points redemption, but, no luck so far.  However, I'm excited!

Amazon...Still looking for it!.jpg

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

After multiple tries for the Barnes and Noble GC, I got the "limit to 1" message, so refreshed and saw the points deducted, and then actually got the email.  Not sure if it is worth all of the hassle though ๐Ÿ™„

Social Butterfly

What I am I complaining about, it's still JULY?

Still July.jpg

AndrewToo
Conversationalist

Too funny! I didn't even notice the month in the graphics. One would think that, seeing they do this EVERY month, they would plan ahead and have everything in place for 12 AM EST. But that may be asking too much.

Social Butterfly

Just more issues, I'm posting what I see because I am stuck

and it gives me something to do while I wait.

Technical Issues!.jpg

AndrewToo
Conversationalist

I am getting the same thing, but somehow my husband was able to redeem for the Amazon card.

Conversationalist

As usual, I expect the system is overwhelmed with people trying to get these, so it's probably hit or miss if you can get it to work.  For me right now, it's also not working.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP