Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Are "Points Only" Gift Cards Gone Forever?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Are "Points Only" Gift Cards Gone Forever?

Hello Community,

I'm sure I heard that this program would be better, but I haven't seen but (2) Points Only deals in the All Rewards section of Redeem.  It's for the Modern Way to Stay Healthy Medicine Container for 65,000 points and 15,000 pt. Water BottleSmiley Sad  

Am I looking in the wrong place for the Points Only Cards?  Please someone let me know.

@AARPTeri are there any cards, if so where are they?  Will there be any?  Thanks for your help in advance.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090  Did I miss something?   Are you saying only one redemption per month?  I hope I'm misunderstanding.  I thought three $5 cards was bad enough.....If so, definitely a Rewards pandemic.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Yes, it took (3) months or more to fix.  Some people get paid for nothing.  

If your status lowered it's a type of punishment for voicing your opinion.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

I believe you're right, no one ever listened before😉

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Congratulations Marylin, I see they finally restored your Ace Badge. I have also noticed they are reversing many members status including my own. Doesn’t bother me, so so petty.

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors

I've seen members post about seeing different things in catalog😢.  I haven't seen any gift cards for "points only".  There was (1) gift card in catalog that I saw for points plus money.

What has happened to the "Points Only" gift cards for AARP Rewards valued, paying members?

Please update catalog with $10 to $25 "Points Only" gift cards to use the points before we lose them Management😊

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Bronze Conversationalist

hello everyone. Well I'm not renewing our Subscription with AARP. Just looked at the site after maintenances and Rewards For Points is the same. Same 7 Items. Who ever their Sponsors are only want our money of which I have no intention of giving them. I believe they're doing a Hate and Switch on us. I'm just saying. Later and have a blessed day everyone

Concerned Member
Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Sorry Marylin but your cries for help is falling on deaf ears. They just don't care. Kinda like whats happening in our country right now. 

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090 

I did see a $25 Safeway card for points only today.   We don't have Safeway but that would be good for anyone who did.   First one I've seen for a while.     Also a points daily deal but we were away from home.

Maybe more will be coming....cupboard has been bare in October, I agree.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

I looked at All Rewards yesterday between 6:30 & 7:30am CT and it wasn't in the catalog.  Looked around 4p CT after seeing post and still no $25 Safeway points only card😮

Maybe we are viewing different catalogs, this happened during the R4G program also.  Safeway isn't in my state are the (2) states bordering me in the southern part of the U.S.

I still would have liked to see it.  Screenshot and post time for these "points only" gift cards would be helpful for confirmation that everyone is viewing the same catalog.

Have a Blessed  Day

Marylin

Trusted Contributor

I did not see a $25 Safeway card points only reward.  It would not have mattered since Safeway is not in my area. However, I would like to see all points only rewards.  Since I didn’t see it, I am wondering if the rewards program is going back to the tiered rewards as in the R4G program.  That program was very unfair to members who accumulated points.  Please AARP do not go back to that.  Please give us some notice as to what points only rewards will be available and make them available to all.  Thanks.

Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090   The Safeway card is no longer visible to me.   They do have stores in Northern Virginia, about 200 miles from where I live.   Maybe that one was only seen in states where they have locations which would make sense.

Screenshots are a good idea.   I know how to take one but not how to get from that point to posting it.   Definitely looking like folks are not all seeing the same rewards.

Silver Conversationalist

@HokiePoq 

After you make your screenshot and have it saved on the laptop,(I save mine to the desktop) go to the little camera icon at the top of the reply page. it will let you pick the photo you just made and place it in you post. Hope this helps

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

@rednexsrus

Thanks  a bunch!  Between you and Marylin, I might learn this!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

We all saw that UNO Pizza "points only" Daily Instant Win gift card and it's only in the East.  

Take the screenshot, create new post, type what you want to say, tap (picture icon at top) tap center next screen,  select screenshot, place/format how it shows on page & tap done.  You may need to turn your devices sideways to see all icons😊

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090   Thanks for the instructions.  I will  try that next time I see something.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq you are welcome😊

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @k380494p 

I believe we will only see a $50 or greater Shell, Wal-Mart, Kroger as a Sweeps, there was a $250 gas card Sweeps I think earlier.  Would love to see them as Member Only "Points Only" offers.

@rednexsrus 

Lucy, I'm not sure how long they stay in catalog.  But that Tim Horton's card was in catalog for months.  I guess it stays until it's sold out or looks like no one is buying or redeeming points to get.

@AARPCarolinecould you let the Community know the answer concerning the time limit on items in catalog?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@rednexsrus @mi4090 Items in the catalog are updated as they are available. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I just keep hoping for a $50 Amazon, Walmart, Shell, BP, Target, Publix Harris Teeter (Kroger).....something I can actually use.

Silver Conversationalist

Does anyone have any idea how long these Members Only (Hmmm) points only rewards stay in the catalog ?? I.E. $25 Starz 37,500 points, $50 Topgolf 120,000 points, and $10 UNO Pizza 18,125 points. (These are considered gift cards, Right ??)

Its been well over two weeks and they are still there. Do they remain until “SOLD OUT” or Sorry No Longer Available or do they just go away after so much time ?? It doesn’t really matter if it is  “sold out” they are not going to tell us ahead of time.

If we had some idea when new rewards would be added, we could make plans to take advantage of them.

I am not expecting any changes will take place here either, because the IT Dept or Tech Supt Dept has no intention of fixing any of the problems we have brought to there attention any time soon. Transaction History still has not been fixed.

Just Keeping It Real

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors,

Do you want to see points only Daily Deals for Wal-Mart, CVS, Starbucks, various grocery chains and National Pizza chains (i.e. where all members can take advangtage of at least on a monthly basis) with a greater dollar value?   $5 doesn't get you much today.

$5 gift cards going for 7,500 points and more if points are equivalent to $0.01 cents eachSmiley Surprised.

Wish we could get at least 2 to 3 "points only" Daily Deals per week to use the numerous points we are accumulating with all the new earn activities being added weekly. 

What about you?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Bronze Conversationalist

@mi4090   I agree with you 100%, Marylin.  Walmart and CVS are pretty much national as well as .com.  Additionally, Walmart cards can be used for groceries, household items, and prescriptions which everyone can use.  

As far as local grocery stores go, there are no Safeway (or its family of stores) anywhere near me (I live in North Carolina).  My locals are Harris Teeter (a Kroger owned store), Publix, Food Lion, and Aldi.  It would be interesting to know what are local stores for members in different parts of the country.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @k380494p 

No Safeway near me, but Kroger grocery everywhere, only 15 states in U.S. without and I'm sure they'll have some soon.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

States with Kroger Grocery ChainsStates with Kroger Grocery Chains

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@mi4090   Looks like Kroger has stores in all the states that Safeway does, except for Hawaii and South Dakota.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @k380494p 

I had never heard of Safeway, but did some research and (2) located in my city and both are convenience stores, not grocery stores at all.  I wouldn't go to the Safeway locations for $5 and risk my safety.

On the other hand, Kroger's are real grocery stores that are pretty upscale and all over the city and county.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090  Definitely don't risk your safety to go where you aren't comfortable going.   I have never heard of the grocery store Safeway having convenience stores.   The chain used to be in our area but moved out about thirty years ago.   I know there are locations in the DC area but not sure where else.   I imagine there is some incentive in their giving AARP gift cards to promote their business.  No incentive whatsoever for Walmart or any other market leaders to give or discount gift cards for AARP's use.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello@HokiePoq 

I'm thinking that these are just a couple of convenience stores that also named Safeway; but I will not be using points to go to these stores to see if they'll take a gift card.  I doubt that seriously.

Wal-Mart does sell their own gift cards, but maybe AARP Rewards can work out a deal with them for gift cards to advertise with the numerous ads we have to watchSmiley Happy.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hey Marylin: Didn't we have Walmart Cards available when we were Rewards for Good ??
lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, don't think so, at least I didn't see or get one.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors,

Would you like to see more points only Daily Deals? 

Wish we could get at least 2 to 3 per week to use points.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP