Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Are "Points Only" Gift Cards Gone Forever?

Message 11 of 76

Hello @k380494p 

No Safeway near me, but Kroger grocery everywhere, only 15 states in U.S. without and I'm sure they'll have some soon.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

States with Kroger Grocery ChainsStates with Kroger Grocery Chains

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 76

@mi4090   I agree with you 100%, Marylin.  Walmart and CVS are pretty much national as well as .com.  Additionally, Walmart cards can be used for groceries, household items, and prescriptions which everyone can use.  

As far as local grocery stores go, there are no Safeway (or its family of stores) anywhere near me (I live in North Carolina).  My locals are Harris Teeter (a Kroger owned store), Publix, Food Lion, and Aldi.  It would be interesting to know what are local stores for members in different parts of the country.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 76

Hello Community Warriors,

Do you want to see points only Daily Deals for Wal-Mart, CVS, Starbucks, various grocery chains and National Pizza chains (i.e. where all members can take advangtage of at least on a monthly basis) with a greater dollar value?   $5 doesn't get you much today.

$5 gift cards going for 7,500 points and more if points are equivalent to $0.01 cents eachSmiley Surprised.

Wish we could get at least 2 to 3 "points only" Daily Deals per week to use the numerous points we are accumulating with all the new earn activities being added weekly. 

What about you?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 76

Hello Community Warriors,

Would you like to see more points only Daily Deals? 

Wish we could get at least 2 to 3 per week to use points.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 76

@mi4090 The Daily Deal may offer points-only in the future. Check back as @AARPTeri posts sneak peaks about them in the Redeem folder.

AARP Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 76

@AARPCaroline  & @AARPTeri 

Thanks for starting the "Daily Deal" again.  It seems very similar to the Members Only gift card deals.

Could you please let us know if any of the "Daily Deals" will be "Points Only"?

Thanks for your response in advance.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 76

Hello @HokiePoq 

That's a great suggestion, Costco & Sam's Club would be great to offer as "Points Only" and Instant Wins. 

These are at least in my part of the country. 

Hope you're getting some "Points Only" & "Instant Wins" now you're on the site.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 76

@ralmon 

Yes they would be good.   

The only membership club in our area I've seen discounted membership is BJ's.    They are much smaller than the other two and not everywhere.  I love them because they take manufacturer's coupons along with their own plentiful coupons, even on the same item.   Plus they have the lowest gas prices in town and then discounts it ten cents more per gallon if you use their credit card.  Members earn $20 discounts as spending accrues on their credit card.

Would drop Sam's membership except DH uses their RX discount.   

Costco is the best IMHO and their credit card is great.

I have not seen any promotions on either Sam's or Costco memberships.   BJ's would probably garner the same complaint as has been voiced here a number of times.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 76

@mi4090 @HokiePoq 

The only US state you'll find HEB is Texas at this time. However, I was surprised to learn that there are around 50 locations in Mexico.

Costco or Sams Club discount memberships would be a great addition. I can still justify the Sams $45 basic membership, but a discount on that would rock even more.

Cheers,

Ray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 76

@ralmon 

Thanks for the info on HEB.  I had not heard of it but if ever on a road trip through Texas will check it out.   Must be great to outdo Costco!

@mi4090  I doubt Walmart has any interest in advertising here or discounting their cards for AARP.  They have no incentive as they are already the market leader.   

Perhaps admins can comment (or perhaps not) on how cards are selected for this site.  

Costco discounts some cards  $79 for $100 worth of cards.  I doubt they are losing money but may offer them at cost.  (Never Walmart for same reason I just mentioned).  I have seen Uno there at this price and have purchased Starbucks $100 for $79 to separate and use as Christmas gifts.   The old program used to have Starbucks cards but have not seen them on the new program.  I will say that the plastic cards could be used as gifts; the electronic "cards" not so much.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.