Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

45000 points for $5 card

Hello AARP Rewards managers,

I see a $5 Red Robin listed for 45,000 points as an extra credit. It seems that either the point value or the dollar value has to be an error. Not much of a value in that state.

aarp-40000pt-$5card.JPG

Can you please check on that.

Thanks,

Ray

Super Contributor

When I see a low value card for a lot of points I just simply pass it by. The last 2 months I have received 6 $25 Wayfair e-cards for I think 57,000 points each and have put them to good use. With that plus the daily and weekly prizes I have won my AARP membership is paying for itself many many times over.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @ralmon 

Ray, whoever gets that card must really ❤ Red Robin😂😂

Hopefully that is an error.  Congrats on being a featured member😉

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

Conversationalist

@andrewtoo 

@mi4090 

LOL, none of the extra credits have tickled my fancy yet, but you never know what'll pop up some day.

I did the extra activities last month, just for giggles, but I'll probably skip it this time.

There's another fun extra credit card, Dunkin Donuts, 12000 points for $3 value. Not much one can get for $3 at DD. Now if it were a $15 card (or even $13 for sake of an unusual value), THAT would be an extra credit.

The really fun part is that there is a regular (non-extra credit) Dunkin Donuts card, 7500 for $3. Seems they are both in the wrong places.

Cheers,

Ray

Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, a great project would be to make a Winners List and some guidelines for Extra Credit similar to Daily Instant Wins.

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

I don't think we need a winner's list. There isn't really anything to win there. As far as guidelines, my guess is that the same as for non-extra credit items applies here.

However, in order to be "extra credit", and have any incentive, the values really need some work.

A $3 Dunkin card for 12000 points is not attractive at all, esp since there is a $3 card for 7500 points listed as well, no extra credit required. Same is true for the $5 Red Robin card I in another post.

Ah well, I still hope there will be some cool merchandise showing up someday. Something like iPad minis, or Bluetooth sound systems.

Cheers,

Ray

Conversationalist

Hello AARP Rewards Managers,

this can't be right. Today I see the "Extra Credit" $5 Red Robin card for 45,000 points I mentioned before, AND there is a $5 Red Robin card (not extra credit) for 6750 points.

There must an error in the Extra Credit listing. Maybe the Extra Credit version is supposed to be $25 value? What do you think @AARPTeri ?

Cheers,

Ray

Conversationalist

Thanks AARP Rewards Manager!

This morning I see the Extra Credit version of the $5 Red Robin has been fixed to 4500 points. That's worthy of an Extra Credit!

There's still the Dunkin $3 for what seems excessive 12000 points in the extra credits. I'm not a Dunkin fan, but some folks might like to see that adjusted to maybe 3000 points.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

It seems to me that AARP Rewards is truly working hard to make their site and rewards worse. It cannot be by chance only, it has to be by design. The descent into irrevelance is rather amusing and I do give AARP Rewards extra credit for that.

Social Butterfly

Wow...@ralmon I am now seeing seeing the same thing!

I'm glad that I didn't want that one; didn't even do

the lessons on that one.

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP