Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

10-1-21 Redeem $5 Amazon becomes $5 Target??

Bronze Conversationalist

10-1-21 Redeem $5 Amazon becomes $5 Target??

10-1-21 Redeeming what I initially saw as $5.00 Amazon Gift Card for 14,000 points. Later when I went to my email box it says it's a $5.00 Target Gift card - what happened?? ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

(Just after 12:00 am I saw the $5 Amazon gift card  - all black card image - completed the required tasks for that Extra Credit Reward level - and clicked on it - I was told to refresh page)

Community Concierge

@OneDayMatisyahu Thank you for participating in the AARP Rewards program! We did not have an Amazon gift card offered on 10/1. There was only a target gift card offered that day as extra credit.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Apparently there is an issue with some areas of the site.I redeemed for a $5 Dominos which I did receive but I also was deducted 10000 additional points and sent a SilverSingles: $15 Off a 3-Month Subscription Redemption.I have no need nor interest for it and there is no refund.So I guess I am just out the points for nothing.I didn't see an amazon except for the sweepstakes entry for 100 points each entry.There seems to always be some issues on the 1st of the month.

Community Concierge

@MemberS2006 Thank you for informing us of this issue you had on the site. I was able to reimburse you the points that were deducted for the wrong redemption item. 

Conversationalist

Thank you for restoring the points but as I stated to gm5271 below I would like to have the redemption back since I can only have two for the month now. The $15 Silver Singles code is still valid. Can it be voided or should I post it here so someone else can use it?? I appreciate you addressing the issue without me having to ask at all. Thank you.

Community Concierge

@MemberS2006  I will have to send this to our escalations team to assist with your request. Please allow up to 3-5 business days for them to contact you back via email. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you but its not really a big issue.If it cant be reversed I have no problem with that.Sometimes things are more effort than they are worth and if thats the case with this just ignore it.I am happy with the benefits and rewards regardless of one lost redemption.

Community Concierge

@MemberS2006 You're welcome. I understand what you're saying. I appreciate your participation in the AARP Rewards program, I'm always here to help if you need anything further. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@MemberS2006 

Hey there Membersince

Maybe not too late replying to you

I suggest you PM(private message) Teri she should be able to help.... many months ago there was a glitch I had clicked on a offer to read about couldn't exit it nor leave site as usual It ended up purchasing for major points(20K as recall) an item not available in my area Crazy.  Teri helped get my points returned and item was donated ... just tell her what happened & Hopefully she can you get your points back 

Good luck! 

Ginger  ;  )

Conversationalist

Thank you for the information. I wasn't going to bother with it because I have more points than I can use. When the program switched I couldn't redeem for months due to some site problem and a medical issue during that time period gave me lots of time to earn points so I collected over a million points I think before it was fixed. I would like to have the redemption back but doubt that is possible. I appreciate your post. Thank you.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP