Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What was your first car

Message 21 of 112

My first car was a 1957 Chevy of course ! Bought it used in 1967. Drove it three years. Lots of fond memories, especially in the back seat. Loved that car !

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 112

First car was a 1982 Ford Fairmount. Unlike these cars today, I could work on that car myself.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 112

First vehicle was a 1965 Volkswagon van, two tone. One of the hippie generation!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 112

Studebaker Lark

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 112

1969 Camero SS - black vinyl seats & no A/C, but the lack of A/C never bothered me, even in the sultry & humid Georgia summers!  My Dad installed a stereo system (8 track tape!) & speakers that worked without the car on or even the key in the ignation.  Sure miss him & that car.  That car was a hit at parties on the lake - just open the trunk, put in a tape & rock & roll!  Oh, those summer nights on Lake Lanier listening to Skynnard, Zepplin, Allman Bros., etc, etc...

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 112

My first car was a 1963 Ford Fairlane. It had a V-8, standard shift and of course regular brakes and steering. It was sky blue and I do remember it fondly. Made it much easier to get a date, as I recall. I got it in 1968 used and other than having to start it by rolling down a hill and popping the clutch occasionally it was a good car. My cousin and my older brother always wanted to change this or that, but as a rule money kept it pretty much as it originally came.

John

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 112

A 1969 Plymouth Satellite.  It was massive--and dark (army) green--and I called it "The Tank."  I was in high school, and I had a car, so, that was cool, but it wasn't sexy or cool, and unlike many people who've responded here, I do not remember it fondly and certainly don't wish I still had it!  It failed to start on a fairly regular basis, and we had no cell phones back then, so I spent a lot of time finding a pay phone to call my dad to come pick me up.  Oh, those were the days! NOT!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 112

1953.  First year of production Corvette.  Wish I still had it.  What a chic magnet!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 112

1964 Chevrolet Corvair Turbo Charged Spyder Convertible 4 spd Manual Transmission All White with a Red interior. This car was a real sleeper, it fooled a lot of people because it had power.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 112

1965 Ford Galaxy 500 XL Covertable 352 Eng. Automatic Dark Blue White Interior Bucket Seats

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera