Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: First car

Message 51 of 176

I bought the 69 1/2 Camaro...the newer style...blue with black vinyl top.  So proud of it...don't think as cool as yours though...My boyfriend(soon to be husband)  wanted me to get the Z28...but I really think he was thinking about him driving...

I can't remember if it A.C.. 

@pennyc34 wrote:

Mine was a 1969 Camero, gold w/black interior & no A/C - in Georgia!  Somehow, that didn't bother me then.  My parents bought it for me when I turned 16 in 1974.  Dad got me a new stereo for it - 8 track tape! - and fixed it so it worked without the car being on at all.  Awesome speakers behind the back seat.  Great for the parties we used to have at the lake.  Just open the truck, turn up the music & rock & roll!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 176

Mine was a 1969 Camero, gold w/black interior & no A/C - in Georgia!  Somehow, that didn't bother me then.  My parents bought it for me when I turned 16 in 1974.  Dad got me a new stereo for it - 8 track tape! - and fixed it so it worked without the car being on at all.  Awesome speakers behind the back seat.  Great for the parties we used to have at the lake.  Just open the truck, turn up the music & rock & roll!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 176

My fiirst car was a 1966, 6 cylinder, Oldsmobile F85, which I ordered at the showroom and waited the "standard" 6 weeks for arrival. I paid $2,600 for this brand new car and drove it for 8 years, when I traded it in on a 1974 Dodge Dart Sport, with the infamous 318 8-cylinder engine and a 3-speed transmission on the floor. I remember, though, how outraged I was over the fact that in 8 short years, I paid $900 more for this brand new car, which cost $3,500!! Oh, what I wouldn't do for those days... The "kick" is that even at those costs, the 1966 and 1974 vehicles were much better made than today's vehicles, which are many times the costs.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 176

My first car was a beige 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 with a 392 cubic inch engine and a 2 barrel carbuerator.

It was used, I bought it from my mother in 1972.  That car served me well  till I traded it in, in 1981.  It would start when  nothing else started and made it's way through the snow pretty well for a car with rear wheel drive.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 176

My first car was a Ford Pinto waaay back in 1971. It was a green hatchbacback and I loved it until someone creamed it on the freeway!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 176

My first car was a used 1975 Chevy Nova - robin egg blue.  I added a great stereo system so I could play my radio loud.  LOL  Teenagers!  I only had it for two years and sold it to my grandmother when I moved to San Francisco and didn't need a car anymore.  I often wonder where it is these days...

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 176

A 1937 Fiat 500, look it up it was a very advanced little car for its time. In Italy I learned years later it was nick-named "Topolino" - (clock-work mouse). Watch for it starring on Turner Classic Movies next time they show "Roman Holiday" 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 176

Bet it was cool when the song came on the radio.

I know what you mean about amazing how we survived. 

@Wendi51 wrote:
My first car was a beautiful Emerald Green 1966 GTO Convertable. I paid $600.00 for it, I loved that car & wished Id never sold it. But I also have to say it was the kind of car no 16yr old should ever own let alone drive. The crazy things we did while driving that car, its amazing any of my friends & myself lived to tell about it. I still dream of someday owning another "66" GTO, no other car like it. It was a true Muscle Car & my 16yr old lead foot took full advantage of all that power. I sold it for $900.00, now its worth thousands. But for me its not about the money. I just loved the freedom I felt driving that car.

A few of my friends didnt, though. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: First car1932 B FORD coupe

Message 59 of 176

My father bought the car for $75 dollars.From a farm who used to herd the cows to the barn. Of course needed some T.L.C.I serviced the car. Drove it for a year, went into the servce. My father sold it to two milatry guys. They Lowered the roof, took off the fenders and made a
"Hot Rod" out of it."Sad" They had to do that! Life goes on.

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 176
My first car was a beautiful Emerald Green 1966 GTO Convertable. I paid $600.00 for it, I loved that car & wished Id never sold it. But I also have to say it was the kind of car no 16yr old should ever own let alone drive. The crazy things we did while driving that car, its amazing any of my friends & myself lived to tell about it. I still dream of someday owning another "66" GTO, no other car like it. It was a true Muscle Car & my 16yr old lead foot took full advantage of all that power. I sold it for $900.00, now its worth thousands. But for me its not about the money. I just loved the freedom I felt driving that car.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors