Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What is your favorite season and why? 🧣🕶🍂🍃

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your favorite season and why? 🧣🕶🍂🍃

• This discussion was created on March 19, 2021.
  • What is special about your favorite season?
  • Stop by to read the comments and/or leave a comment.
  • We luv hearing from you!
Regular Contributor

I love fall.  The colors are spectacular and the air is crisp and clean.

Barbara

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

April, May and June when the perennials are starting to flower or are in bloom. Vegetable sets are starting to grow buds to grow into vegetables and fruit trees are forming their fruits.

The lawns have greened up. Bushes and trees have leaved out.

Time to go fishing.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Silver Conversationalist

Amen👌

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Living in New England we are lucky enough to experience all the four seasons in their best and in their worst..Spring is one of my favorites because it's a time of rebirth and a time to start over. It gives one hope of what is yet to be..The scent of flowers and mown grass is refreshing..The other season which a also a favorite is Fall ..harvest time from the seeds that were planted in the Spring..Apples , Apple Cider and a plain doughnut says it all..Beautiful and colorful leaves on the trees and their scent on a crisp cool day..Puffs of smoke from burning them and camp fires bring a certain warmth to all.The crunch of walking through a forest with fallen feaves underfoot says it all.

Silver Conversationalist

Wow,perfectly said. I have to give the edge to Fall but right now around here (Maine) is pretty nice with even better weather to come. Thank you for the wonderful picture you painted.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

• Luv Spring, new everything in nature.
  • Hate Summer, too hot.
  • Mixed on Fall. One part of me luvs the fall colors. The other side is sad all the trees are losing their leaves and Old Man Winter is on the way.
  • Mixed on Winter too. Lol, luv being inside when there is a snow storm. 😂🤣 But the snow can be awesome before humans disturb it. Yuck!!! Nothing like dirty snow with mud. 😱
  • Luv 4 seasons, keeps life interesting.
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous I like this question!  I would have to say January through April.  Living in Arizona, that is the best weather, and all the hoopla with holidays have past.  Christine

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥May 14, 2021💥

Lol @Rhymesometimes you finally ventured out to check out the Front Porch!!! Good for you. I know Dave, the lighthouse keeper and forum facilitator is enjoying having you. He and his fellow Front Porchers are AWESOME 🙂 🙂 🙂

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

My first favorite would be Spring when everything starts coming alive again and turning green.

My second best would be Fall.  I love the crispness in the air and the crunchiness of leaves under my feet.   Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 28, 2021💥

Yes @RosemaryF433825 Fall/Autumn is beautiful. I just get depressed knowing Winter is coming. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's hard for me to select my favorite. There are good things that I love about every season, but I will say that springtime is when I come alive along with nature 🌷

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 23, 2021💥

I agree @AARPRachelA I do enjoy the 4 seasons here in Virginia, not missing Florida and its 1 season. I can deal with Winter now that I retired last year = stay home when snowed in. It was no fun and stressful having to dig my car out (exercise was good), driving to work. Then dig my car out after work, arrive home and have to dig out a spot to park. Other than that, luv Winter. I use to luv Summer, whole reason for loving Florida, but as I age, in my 60's, the heat drains my energy on top of the old age hot flashes/lol. Luv my air conditioning, but not the bill 😭 Thanks for sharing 😀

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Never replied to this thread because I couldn't pick a favorite, but Summer is the first one I would give up...kinda ironic...Climate Change and all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 26, 2021💥

Thanks for sharing @EricC28201 😀

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP