Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

Summer Poll ๐Ÿ–

• Do you mow your own lawn?
  • If no, who does?
  • If yes, what type of equipment do you use?
  • Stop by to read the comments and/or leave a comment.
  • We luv hearing from you!
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AnonymousWe use a commercial size zero turn mower for our lawn and a push mower for the trim.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LindaB671 wrote:

@AnonymousWe use a commercial size zero turn mower for our lawn and a push mower for the trim.

๐Ÿ’ฅLol, does the <we> mean you help? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ @LindaB671 Or do you supervise?๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@Anonymous 

Mostly supervise my boys! LOL

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop by to read the comments and/or leave a comment.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Because of my bad knees I didn't mowe our lawn or shovel snow for years. I also had our lawn service treat the lawn with an environmentally safe weed and feed.

Now that we are in our retirement center everything is done by their crews or lawn service. We can see this being done from our 4th floor appartment windows. This still allows me to get out golfing. Hmmm!

20210505_135306.jpg

20210505_132914_002.jpg

20200922_194227.jpg

20200609_102923.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Bronze Conversationalist

@DaveMcK  That looks like a really nice place to live, Dave!  Since my husband passed away, I do all my own mowing with a Cub Cadet riding lawn mower and use a push mower for hard to reach spots.  It usually take me a couple of hours to do.  I actually enjoy it!  I love being outside, plus I can sort of "zone out" while I am mowing.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @DaveMcK hope you and Mary are doing well! Thanks for stopping by to join us. Lol, my knees and the steps to get to my front door are rebelling. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ No more stairs for my next move. ๐Ÿ˜‰

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMonday - June 14, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

When I have a lawn to mow ๐Ÿ™„ I mow it myself. Good exercise and stress buster. I use to buy the old fashion one from Sears. Lol, yes, the one with no gas or electric. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Regular Contributor

No more lawn mowing for me - we have a professional gardener come by every two weeks. (Before that I used an Earth Saver with a rechargeable battery, and before that a push-mower).  So much easier to have someone "do all the yard work" while I work from home inside...

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅJune 14, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

@Mike7SoCal how did you find them? A referral?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi @Anonymous , yes a referral.  That's the way to go whenever you can; "word of mouth" from someone you trust is worth a lot...

Bronze Conversationalist

I used to love the whirl of the blades on those old school mowers. They cut pretty darn good too! Today it's my John Deere riding mower all the way- It's a gift I bought myself after I retired- I walked enough in my career lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMonday - June 14, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Lol @postman29 I wonder what that career was? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ I could not deliver mail. Did you ever encounter aggressive dogs?

Bronze Conversationalist

Oh ya. bit 4 times, twice in legs, one on butt, and the worst was when a supposedly friendly German Shepherd grabbed my wrist and kept twisting my arm. I thought he was going to pull my arm out of my socket. His owner had to pound on him to get him to release my arm. 6 stitches and a tetanus shot from that one. The best was when a pitbull jumped from a second floor porch to get at me. Thankfully I heard him land in the street behind me while I was facing the mailboxes. It gave me a little time to run into the building's hallway and shut the door. The owner ran out to get him. He couldn't believe the dog would jump over the porch rail to get me. That was one scary dog.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP