Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Memorial Day 2023!

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Memorial Day 2023!

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

Thank you for your service! Anyone have any plans for Monday? I am staying inside where the air is. ๐Ÿ˜‰

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

Air as in AC?  I think it only was 53 here yesterday, & I'm running my Heat in the Car going home from work & coming in today.... My outdoor AC unit still has the winter cover. I can count on 1 hand the days we have hit 70 (with fingers to spare) here.  Global warming? ๐Ÿ˜„

Honored Social Butterfly

@Tempest332 

We will see temperatures in the mid 80's for the next ten days and in the 50's at night here in Southern Wisconsin. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Bronze Conversationalist

I see that coming in this coming week.  It was a rather beautiful weekend (little cool at night), just no no reason to go out. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Who's ready for a long weekend of grilling, pool parties, and refreshing drinks?! ๐Ÿ™Œ For many, Memorial Day is a three-day weekend that allows us to enjoy these holiday activities, but it's also a time to reflect on what it means to be American. And we have our fallen soldiersโ€”who have sacrificed it allโ€”to thank for that. So, before we get ready to enjoy those tasty Memorial Day recipes, let's take some time to remember the real meaning of the holiday by reading some of these beautiful Memorial Day quotes.

Memorial Day is, first and foremost, a sacred day focused on remembering the millions of brave heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice for this country. And these Memorial Day quotes help us dive in to that commemoration. Like a patch of red poppies, each and every one of these patriotic quotes will remind you just how exceptional these soldiers really were, and how much their lives mattered. As Tamra Bolton says, "This is the day we pay homage to all those who didn't come home. This is not Veteran's Day, it's not a celebration, it is a day of solemn contemplation over the cost of freedom."

Take a stroll through these best Memorial Day quotes, and let us know which ones spoke to you the most!

Who's ready for a long weekend of grilling, pool parties, and refreshing drinks?! ๐Ÿ™Œ For many, Memorial Day is a three-day weekend that allows us to enjoy these holiday activities, but it's also a time to reflect on what it means to be American. And we have our fallen soldiersโ€”who have sacrificed it allโ€”to thank for that. So, before we get ready to enjoy those tasty Memorial Day recipes, let's take some time to remember the real meaning of the holiday by reading some of these beautiful Memorial Day quotes.

Memorial Day is, first and foremost, a sacred day focused on remembering the millions of brave heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice for this country. And these Memorial Day quotes help us dive in to that commemoration. Like a patch of red poppies, each and every one of these patriotic quotes will remind you just how exceptional these soldiers really were, and how much their lives mattered. As Tamra Bolton says, "This is the day we pay homage to all those who didn't come home. This is not Veteran's Day, it's not a celebration, it is a day of solemn contemplation over the cost of freedom."

Take a stroll through these best Memorial Day quotes, and let us know which ones spoke to you the most!

red-poppy-meadow.jpg

This is the well-loved poppy of Flanders Fields. Also known as Corn Poppy and Flanders Poppy, this species is the symbol of the American Legion.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP