Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL! THIS ADDITION IS CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! THIS ADDITION IS CLOSED

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Welcome to March 2019. We had an overnight snow to ring in the morning. Going to be a busy day tomorrow. Remember that January-Feburary is CLOSED now.

68403-Goodbye-February.jpg299033-Welcome-March-Welcome-Spring.gifFB_IMG_1550937246914.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Recognized Social Butterfly

Frozenoem,

I think it's the Lakewood Blue Claws. I think they are a step towards the Phillies. If anyone can break down how this works, I would be grateful. I have the Trenton Thunder close also.

Nancy

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Everyone!

It's another beautiful day in my neighborhood of snow-topped houses and snowy yards and streets.  But the sun is out in full force this morning which always makes me feel much better about starting my day.  Now, even though I am now sure the ol' groundhog's prediction of an erly Spring was nothing more than a hoax, I'm still encouraged that we have now slid into March finally and we have ..... So despite our 21 degree temp right now, we're expecting a blistering high of 34 degrees before the day's out.  So I'll just keep the heat cranked up and bundle up when I head out to do the weekly errands.

You know, we have all been through some kinda winter this year.  But we're makin' it!   And if we just keep hangin' in there,  we'll be bouncing from the snow into  Spring and before we know it, we'll be rounding home to Summer.  So in the meantime, everyone stay warm and be safe!  Good day y'all!

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Well the cold Winter weather got to the battery in our older and the fix was a new battery. It was expected and it was parked in the neighbor's driveway. 

Last night was very  interesting with dinner out and a play at our Overture Center. The King And I is appearing live in Madison at Overture Hall.

FB_IMG_1551377862639.jpgFB_IMG_1551377850792.jpgFB_IMG_1551377841453.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Thanks Dave,

Thanks for moving the Morning Roll Call forward towards Spring. Well, at least March. Love the pictures. Catwoman5oo, I know the wind the other day was crazy. gusts of 75 miles an hour just came out of nowhere. I was just so happy that we didn't have any rain or snow. I can't complain, I could live in Maine.

On that happy note, Frozenoem, UPS had to find your box. Turns out it's more than 1. Picking them up tomorrow at 11am, promised me that they would be ready. I guess, since they only pack the boxes, they don't track the stores inventory, or contact customers to pickup their stuff. I usually just have them handle everything. Hope you and Ms Chelli are hanging in there. We are getting maybe 3 inches of snow over night. I know I shouldn't brag about the amount of snow New Jersey isn't really getting. Everyone just stay safe and warm. I just hope this would all end . Enough is Enough right

Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l 

Don’t worry about ms Chell and I, we lived through outage and both slept in for 12 hours with heat.

The coldest house got with no heat in basement was 36* pipes stayed happy. DIY Foam insulation worked👍.

We all may get another shot at snow or merely another blast of Arctic air, come Monday. Believe my lower back more than weatherpeople.

Enjoy tomorrow will come early, and I have a feeling next week will require furnace and woodstove again🤣.

Regarding Spring it generally comes in April here, or that’s merely when the snow melts on the mountains. 

Post Office will usually call me for packages when they arrive😎, they’ve gotten much better through the years.

Niece sent me “Cha siu bao’s” one year and PO smelled for a week until I arrived. They’ve become much better with all packages that come my way.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!

Frozenoem

Okay the Shrewsbury Post Office, says that 1 box will arrive on Monday , March 4. I will give you the tracking number in PM. The nice UPS person went with me to the Po.After, confirming my problems with dealing with the staff.( I even brought them coffee 😭). UPS suggests using a physical location such as a church, so they or another service can deliver. I think funding for my local post office is being cut. Anyway, I have mailed boxes from different PO, I think the staff are just getting frustrated. I hope everyone is doing well and that you are safe.

Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l 

Geez coffee didn’t work at the post office, it generally works for me. But, most long time customers up here know I can be bought for a fruitcake if they need me.

Life in rural ME says PO won’t deliver without a Box on the street. Doesn’t matter how big your 911 emergency address is, it won’t happen. 

If fedex or United parcel service, is easier let me know. They don’t care who they deliver to, and do deliver to my physical address.

Will send you a P.M. for that.

Now, it’s 27* and full sunshine, feel cleaning coming.😇

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Everyone!

Happy March, a day late. March coming in like a lion. So far we have had nuisance snows the last 2 nights. Melting the next day has taken care of clean up although yesterday I did have to push the remains off the car. Right now it's 32, feeling like 29...no biggie.

Tomorrow's storm may be bigger than the last 2 events. Hoping I can squeeze in my normal grocery shopping tomorrow morning...probably amidst the "French Toast" people stocking up for the next century. Why do people do that? I can see it happening in the more remote places, (@Frozenoem ), but in the suburbs??? We know we are not going to be snowed in for weeks on end. Oh, well...what ever floats their boats. Cat Wink

Philly news...The Phillies acquired Bryce Harper for 13 years and an un-godly $335 million! Cat Surprised Sure hope he's worth it. He'll be introduced today in Clearwater.

Stay safe and warm, all! N.

Hey All,

I have no clue why there's a mad rush on the Supermarket today?.  Okay, so we may get some snow, or something. I am just picking up more donations for the Shares . Moving people to the Churches do to the weather and the cold.  I know always better to be prepared and ready. Catwoman5oo, not sure how much snow you are supposed to get. I hope you get all of your errands done. Frozenoem, hope the power holds. Tracking number sent in PM. UPS sending the other boxes. Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

30* and sunny, won’t last coldfront is a coming which up here means subarctic temps.

But, the good news for me is minimal snow, perhaps 6” vs 10”.

@catwoman500 

I can’t understand the bread, eggs and milk crowd. Or for that matter the must have gallons of water crowd, when they drink what comes from faucet year-round.

Need to play carefully, have to get some wood in, when weather people say 45-55 mph winds, there goes the power.

Enjoy

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Afternoon!

Well, I did do my grocery shopping among the crowds. We Sunday morning regulars aren't used to the hubbub of so many people in "our" store. I couldn't even find a handicapped parking space!

@Frozenoem ...never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes...people with all this bottled water in their carts. That is one thing I never thought of until I read what you wrote. WHY????? Is Armageddon about to descend upon us? Cat LOL

I'm just so used to hearing about the French Toast people I never would have imagined water was a hoard-able thing before a snow storm.

Oh! here's a question...if people have "well water" is it affected if the power goes out? I know nothing about wells, but I know some people in this area do have wells. If that's the case, then I can understand them buying bottled water.

I just got my normal grocery order like any other Sunday and came home.

4 to 8 inches of wet snow...the hard to shovel stuff is due later today and into tomorrow.

Probably won't be going to the post office tomorrow, so I warned my Ebay customers that their deliveries might be delayed. It's still winter. We have to just "deal."

Stay safe! N.

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 wrote:

Oh! here's a question...if people have "well water" is it affected if the power goes out? I know nothing about wells, but I know some people in this area do have wells. If that's the case, then I can understand them buying bottled water.

N.

Yes, N., with a well, no power, no water.  Need that electric pump to keep the water flowing. 

I usually keep jugs of regular water around or fill extra jugs or buckets when advisories or warnings are in forecast for those little annoyances like being able to flush the toilet.  Some people just fill up their bathtub.  Around here, some people keep bottled water on hand because they don't like the taste of well water, but I don't think I know anyone with a well who actually goes buys extra water for mundane tasks.  Although absolutely, the water disappears from the shelves along with the milk (milk?!) and TP.

Well, New Jersey is under a State of Emergency. Some schools are closed tomorrow. People are going nuts at the stores. Catwoman5oo, the bottle d water crowd is out in mass. I just have to pick up more donations for weekly share. I am moving people to Churches do to weather. I can't wait for Spring 😍.   Nancy

0 Kudos

Just like I have no idea why my Aunt Eileen, said to send surfboard wax to Frozenoem. I just did. Happen to have here. Anyway idea why?

Honored Social Butterfly

24 sunny

@n566192l 

Anychance your aunt is former wild child. Surf board wax keeps surfer from slipping off board, also good for antislip handles, oats. Provides sticktion.

trouble being don’t think it will work for me. Like ski wax wrong wax makes for more slippery. Than grippery.

Need mokahappyness

Froze

Frozenoem,

I think we have to think outside the box with the wax.  Maybe, because it's slippery, works in snow. On shovels blades, not sure. I will contact her, to find out.  Nancy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP