Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MARCH-APRIL 2020

Message 1 of 190

54* and sunny, it's starting to warm up for real. Soon I can stop burning wood, and maybe start cutting and splitting again.

@LydiaN586309 

Whack-a-doodle away, if I used the real term for T'sters, it would be,  "bleeped" or I'd be given a warning again.🤣

Time for caffeine, as I sit and wait for deliveries if they arrive when they're supposed to, I'll probably pass out from shock.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 190

For all those "whack-a-doodles" out there....

the simpsons eye GIF

"THIS" is a no no!

Oh, please pardon me.  I just couldn't resist!  lol

BTW, @Frozenoem, "whack-a-doodle" has become my new favorite word.

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 190

Hi, Everyone,

The only exciting thing today happened earlier this afternoon went by in a flash…

"The U.S. Navy and U.S. Air Force will conduct "a collaborative salute" with a flyover above cities in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania on Tuesday.

Health care workers, first responders and other essential employees working on the front lines of the coronavirus fight in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania will be greeted with a booming "Thank You" early Tuesday afternoon.

The military's elite flight demonstration squadrons — the Navy's Blue Angels and the Air Force's Thunderbirds — are flying in what is being called "a collaborative salute" to honor those battling the COVID-19 pandemic.

A total of 12 fighter jets, six of the Air Force's F-16C/D Fighting Falcons and half a dozen F-18 C/D Hornets — will streak over New York City and Newark starting at noon ET, before heading to Trenton, N.J., and Philadelphia."

Other than that I went to CVS, and that was it. It is our one beautiful day this week, so it was good to get some fresh air.

Whoosh! And a Thank You!Whoosh! And a Thank You!

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 190

Tuesday, I'd love to escape boredom 43* cloudy.

Saw my neighbor last night he was finishing his stagger, I was beginning mine.

Distance of 20 feet maintained, coffee and coffee drinking, no masks. But, at the ready.

Lockdown until May 15, can we all say insanity but, it's working. 51 dead, 541 recovered, 1040 confirmed.

Awaiting deliveries so I'm really locked in, can't leave Gotta stay put. Otherwise I'd stagger to post office.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 190

Hi there, Porch Peeps,

Anythingtobreaktheboredomofoneweekflowingrightintothenextsoweneverknowwhatdayitis…

My stepson is a contractor. We’ve been talking about redoing my bathroom so we can get the washer and dryer out of the basement and up to the first floor. So he decided he wanted to come up today and start planning. I was a little iffy about it because of the social distancing, but we figured we could do it if we both wore our face masks.

He arrived and I watched out the window as he got out of his truck and OMG, you should see his mask. It is so heavy duty that it looks like a small gas mask. I guess in his business he uses something like that a lot. I put mine on before he came in and immediately reached for my coffee mug! LOL! Sometimes I amaze myself at how utterly stupid I can be. Cat LOL

So, we discussed a few ideas and he looked at everything and made some sketches and took some measurements outside and in. His plan is to turn my bedroom into a master suite with a master bath and then the bathroom will become a powder room/laundry room. Yeah, we’ll see. ($$$$)This was supposed to happen this summer, but now who knows. He is going back to work Wednesday, but doesn’t know if and when all his workers can come back or the time frame for anything. He says he just has to get out of the house. With both girls home from college doing their classes online, the youngest home from high school, and his wife working from home, he’s about to go nuts.

I’m just glad he has some jobs lined up and that we at least started the ball rolling on this project. He said he’d go home and work up some plans and estimates for me. So that was at least something different, and an actual real person in my house for the first time since my water heater was replaced!

Not that you all are interested in any of this, but it was excitement for me, and writing about it gave me something to do.

Stay safe, stay well, and use your Lysol wisely. Cat LOL

Mostof us have courage.jpg

Wahoo, my photos are loading!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 190

@LydiaN586309 

Whack-a-doodle in question would be 😒 1 remaining cousin who swallowed T's line.

She failed to realize that T had no knowledge or just didn't give a mumble about gold star families or even understand what a gold star was.  All of remaining family members suggested T take a flying foxtrot after insulting Capt. H Khan family.

SMH  1193 days, 2 hours, 17 minutes not counting mind you - the rest of my relations were of a normal party or changed parties after one year of his nibs in office.

Regarding entrails afraid T has been classed to lower than a mawookapeja (spelling phoenetically) snails entrails.

That's been the standard familial response, except to that one cousin. Everyone has at least one person who ???????????

Time for a slog, need food, hungry.

Froze

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 190

Good morning, Peeps!

Well, finally we have had two sunny, blue-skied days in a row!  Simply amazing!  Hope against hope that the good weather holds.  But at least we are fully in Spring, moving towards summer, and "Thank God" we're all still here!

Read your post @DaveMcK  and I now know why the three stores I went to this past weekend had no TP at all.  You got the hoard in your basement.  If you meet me in the alley at midnight, I'll trade you a 409 Multi-Surface Spray for a four pack of toilet paper.  Deal?  Smile.

@Frozenoem, "you" may know a whack-a-doodle or two who might be willing to entertain themselves by probing their entrails with a UV light at The Donald's suggestion, but I try to steer clear of all such nut jobs. lol Also, if you're still having snow, I guess I need not complain about our lingering 40 plus degree temps.

Work is work.  But when at home, I am finding that my weekly cleaning and organizing projects have really made a happy difference. Having order is great!  Nothing like knowing where everything is when you want to put your hand on it.

So everybody, hang in there!  Find something to bring you joy even in the midst of the madness.  And never ever give up hope!  Be safe!

Enjoy life anyway and in every which way!

Lyds

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MARCH-APRIL 2020

Message 8 of 190

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this last Monday in April, 2020.

We are expecting a high of 61* with rain over the next 3 days. We had our lawn service come yesterday to mow the lawn for the first time this year.

So far the big excitement ot the day is Mary cleaned the bathroom and I brought up a sixpack of TP from our secret horde in the basement. LOL

In these hard timew We All Need Friends!

Monday Morning Coffee©

Happy Monday people!
Today, I am moved by recent observations to talk about friendships.

As we get older our friendship circle naturally diminishes. Life happens, sadly some friends gain their angels wings and leave us, others may drift away because they have other priorities.

We must never assign the responsibility for our happiness to our friends because believe it or not, true friends will hurt us but will be quick to make amends.

Our true friends will not be perfect; they will have serious flaws like we do, but true friendship accepts that the weaknesses are there, but chooses to love anyway…..The ride or die friends!

True friends will tell us the truth even if it hurts!….Don’t take offence.

Lastly true friendship comes with a price tag and is not cheap! May our love cover the cost…..Like love covered the cost of ours!

Send your friends a love note today!

By Yetty Iriah
Monday Morning Coffee©2019

FB_IMG_1516913140430 (1).jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 190

@catwoman500 

There's no need to fear I think we're all sane in here, and no one shall be drinking Lysol or Chlorox.👍

Do we all know a few whack-a-doodles that might be will ing to sit upon a UV light for internal cleansing - because T said so, perhaps.

Beyond that I'm not saying anything, time to watch the white stuff fall from the sky.

Froze

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 190

Hello, Peepers!

@n566192l,

I haven't been able to find any Lysol spray either.  And yes, a few weeks ago I tried eBay and found people bidding astronomical amounts to get one or two items.  It's crazy!

However, I have been able to put my hands on 409 Multi-Surface Cleaner spray and it says that it will kill 99.9 of bacteria and viruses just like Lysol spray.  Also, I have found the new Microban Surface Cleaner at Wal-Mart and Dollar General stores.  When I have come across these products, I try to get at least two at a time as I usual take one product to work with me and leave the other for my home cleaning. 

@catwoman500,

I would hope none of us level-headed folks here on Our Front Porch would be so naive to think ingesting Lysol, bleach, or any other caustic cleaning product would be a good thing.  But I have heard there has been an uptick in the number of people calling the National Poison Control Hotline after drinking bleach.  I guess sometimes frightened people do desperate things.  Not a good idea though.

Anyway, please continue to stay close to home and stay safe.  Eventually, we will get through this. In the meantime, better safe than sorry.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users