Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! JANUARY-FEBUARY 2020

Message 21 of 133

Afternoon sorry for delay, have had busy day. Yesterday snow 8", today spent trying to get out.

Wind hasn't helped 45 mph temp  around 12* and drifts have blocked me in.

Knew there was good reason to attach garage to house. Always at least one way to get out, as soon as I get that pesky ice at bottom of door to pop.

Came in to eat, and fill snowblower and warm up. Only 600' left to go and may see woodpile again.🤣

Hopefully before it gets cooler, and temp's really drop, to around -20* actual.

Enjoy

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! JANUARY-FEBUARY 2020

Message 22 of 133

Good morning to everyone out there on the Front Porch on this Wednesday February 19th, 2020. We were at Trivia last night which turned out showing us how much we do not know. 

Tonight we will be going to the Madison Overture Center to see the Broadway play "Color  Purple ". It is going to be a chilly walk back to the car as the temperature is expected to be Zero. 

We will have warming temps by Friday with no rain or snow until Sunday night. 

Hoping everyone is having a quiet week so far. Have a great day! The photo below is our latest Grand Puppy Oakley! He is a mixed breed rescue dog!

86428110_10221056466341119_6323393144884822016_o.jpg84073114_3603231519719372_114876682812260352_n.jpg163131-Happy-Wednesday-Have-A-Great-Day.jpg184207.jpg67732833_1400255496797701_2963268245848588288_n.jpg

FB_IMG_1551377850792.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 133

Hello, Everyone,

@LaDolceVita ...I'm so sorry for your loss. Heart

We still have roller coaster temps here. Yesterday was a mild 61 and today we are in the 40’s. Then we are going downhill with some wind so that tomorrow and Friday will have wind chills in the teens and 20’s. Seems so odd to mention temps like that as cold. Compared to our normal winter temps this is nothing. By Saturday we’ll be back to the 50’s as our highs. I am not complaining at all! Most of the days until Monday will be sunny, so that’s a bonus. Not much exciting going on right now, and I’m good with that, too.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and are not traveling/cruising to any “iffy” coronavirus places.

Cheers!Cheers!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 133

Hi folks,   Sharing my shorrows this morning.   Just received phone call from the wife of my oldest & most beloved friends.  He had a stroke last week and passed away.  I talked with him around Christmas and he sounded OK but he has been less bubbly of  late. 

I cannot say this has been a particularly warm winter but we have had our share of clouds.  I need to sunbathe, one of those folks who cannot absorb D from food I guess. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 133

Cool Saturday awoke to -14* actual with a aw, heck no and returned to sleep.

Presently warm 10* easier to handle, wind chill factor on Arctic Days would just prefer not to think about 🤣.

We will be getting back to non-normal warmer temp's come next week, with luck.

Kinda missing those lovely 30's, when I didn't require woodheat AND oil in use at one time, it's an old house.

@LydiaN586309 

Welcome back.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 133

Good Morning, Peeps,

A little while ago it was 16 with a wind chill of 10. Sounds normal for winter in PA, but since this winter has been unusually mild, this is a big deal and it’s darn cold! Cat Tongue

I hope everyone enjoyed their Valentine’s Day yesterday and here is something to think about if you didn’t get your chocolate fix… Cat Wink

You go, Girl!You go, Girl!

Let's go!Let's go!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 133

@LydiaN586309 Welcome back...you were missed, too! Cat Wink

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 133

Howdy, Front Porchers!

I've been away from here for several weeks. I was totally involved in work and caretaking.  So I didn't have much time or energy left for anything but the basics--eat, sleep, and poop. Smile.  But my friend (the patient in need of care) went home this week.  And I am glad to say she has mended and healed and is well on the way to a full recovery. So I am just beginning to catch up on my much needed rest.

Anyway, I just wanted to wish everyone on the Porch....

May everyone find and live in love in any and all it's forms! 

And with that,  have a great and ...

P.S. ~ @Frozenoem, congratulations on your being awarded the ACE! 

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 133

@MsStretch ...LOL! Cat LOL Is love dead? Hope not! Heart

Cool pix. Was wondering what was up with you...haven't heard from you in a bit.

Glad you have been out and about.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 133

Happy Valentine's Day. 💟

We have seen no snow in my neck of VA this winter.   Not that I'm complaining and granted, it's still not too late, but it is a little scary.  January, warmest month on record and February headed for same distinction. 

Mostly rain this past week and it curtailed any winter forays into the wilderness looking for homesites and cemeteries.  But week before, visited this one:

Mostly unmarked fieldstonesMostly unmarked fieldstones

01-swiftrungapcem.jpg

A few of them had inscriptionsA few of them had inscriptions

Why am I posting pictures of a cemetery on Valentine's Day? 🤷‍♀️

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.