Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL JANUARY-FEBUARY 2020 CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL JANUARY-FEBUARY 2020 CLOSED

Good Morning to the Front Porch and Welcome to JANUARY 2020 Goodbye DECEMBER 2019

Hoping everyone has a great First Day OF JANUARY 2020. 

144de02b21df70c523d9bae9886c62cd.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Recognized Social Butterfly

Hi folks,   Sharing my shorrows this morning.   Just received phone call from the wife of my oldest & most beloved friends.  He had a stroke last week and passed away.  I talked with him around Christmas and he sounded OK but he has been less bubbly of  late. 

I cannot say this has been a particularly warm winter but we have had our share of clouds.  I need to sunbathe, one of those folks who cannot absorb D from food I guess. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello, Everyone,

@LaDolceVita ...I'm so sorry for your loss. Heart

We still have roller coaster temps here. Yesterday was a mild 61 and today we are in the 40’s. Then we are going downhill with some wind so that tomorrow and Friday will have wind chills in the teens and 20’s. Seems so odd to mention temps like that as cold. Compared to our normal winter temps this is nothing. By Saturday we’ll be back to the 50’s as our highs. I am not complaining at all! Most of the days until Monday will be sunny, so that’s a bonus. Not much exciting going on right now, and I’m good with that, too.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and are not traveling/cruising to any “iffy” coronavirus places.

Cheers!Cheers!

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MsStretch ...LOL! Cat LOL Is love dead? Hope not! Heart

Cool pix. Was wondering what was up with you...haven't heard from you in a bit.

Glad you have been out and about.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch on this Tuesday in February,  2020.

We set a record for snowfall on Sunday the 9th. We had a sunny day yesterday and the snow melted on the cleared driveway along with the road. We are looking at about 10 below Wednesday night. More snow in the forecast for Sunday. 

Not much going on here. Hoping everyone is having a safe week give the weather forecasts we have had.

86278596_874355939685505_6044348557022986240_n.jpg61879226_10156513778753251_3976105402071777280_o.jpg38137331_2160741914163919_2635711517047128064_n.jpgFB_IMG_1540150486949.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Everybody,

Have you heard of the trending broomstick challenge? Not much of a challenge:

Guess I could have straightened up the kitchen before I took this photo! HA!Guess I could have straightened up the kitchen before I took this photo! HA!

Don't forget...Friday is Valentine's Day!Don't forget...Friday is Valentine's Day!

Recognized Social Butterfly

Hi folks.  Dealing with dreadfully slow computer so it takes me forever to get on here.  Will remedy  very soon.  Its rain and more rain here and warm air comes in with clouds which usually means storms and tornadoes but none so far thankfully.  All is well with me.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning everyone,

@LaDolceVita , good to hear from you that all is well.

We saw the sun for a little while yesterday, but now it’s pouring. It may get to the 50’s before the arctic sweeps in on Friday. We may actually see winter temps tomorrow.

I’m getting tired of the dank, dark and dreary. Cat Tongue

Need to keep the coffee pouring on a day like this. I hate to even go out and bring the trash/recycle bins back from the street.

Make sure your Valentines/Galentines plans are set for tomorrow. Heart

Enjoy!Enjoy!

Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon slightly disappointing day, expected a storm and none has appeared.

Wonder if the arctic blast is still due on Saturday, that one I wouldn't miss. -20* actual temp's🤣

@LaDolceVita 

Update your Apple, same response everyone gets for slowness. Unless you have Comcast in which case the slowness was normal issue, refunds coming for some.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Friday the 7th of February, 2020. It is partly sunny with a high of 32*. We are looking at a snowfall of 3 - 5" on Sunday. What is the weather outlook in your area for the next few days? Hoping everyone has a restful weekend.

The American Heart Association, is the world’s leading nonprofit organization focused on heart and brain health for all, and its signature movement, Go Red for Women, nationally sponsored by CVS Health, are rallying women to take action throughout American Heart Month this February against the number 1 killer – cardiovascular disease. Women, and those of us who love them, can show their support by wearing red today on National Wear Red Day® this Friday, Feb. 7, 2020.

EQLQTzOXYAAV_Cc.jpegimage-AUA5i3iZS3ruoJ7b2lvt.png1280px-Waffles_with_Strawberries.jpgHave-a-great-weekend.-On-image-of-maps-and-camera-376x600.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, everyone,

Just had a tornado warning expire as heavy storms raced through our area. Most was to the south and east in Delaware and southeastern PA. Missed us by a county, but too close for comfort. We had a severe thunderstorm warning and high winds, too. More rain is coming as the temps drop from the 60’s to the 30’s today with less wind. It may end with snow!

I put off doing a load of laundry…didn’t want to get caught in a power outage with laundry in the washer. Cat Tongue

I also hate it when they go live with the local weather, scare everyone half to death, AND  make us miss half of the Hoda & Jenna part of the Today Show, especially since Oprah was coming to meet Hoda for the first time.

OK…I’m finished complaining.  Cat LOL Have a good weekend.

We may see sun tomorrow!

Off to the basement and laundry.

Happy Heart Day! HeartHeartHeart

Honored Social Butterfly

It's snowing and will continue until 10pm or later. Yesterday 6", eventually another 18"+.

My snowblower IS working like new! Forgot how torquey it was, no shoveling will be required👍.

Went for my first drag with it, had to use deadman to stop it, think I'll wait for the sleet to be covered up before digging out.

Staying upright is good🤣. Emergency coffee supplies arrived last night, I will survive.😎

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this 5th day of February, 2020!

We have had a warmer stretch with a high of 50* earlier in the week. We are looking at a high today of only 26*. Last night our Trivia league played at our usual Pub.  We did not do very well but I had a great meal of lake lake perch and some good laughs. 

With the Super Bowl over the football season has officially come to an end. The basketball season is fully underway with Wisconsin Badgers playing at Minnesota tonight. Hoping everyone is having a great week.

wisconsin-badgers-basketball-joe-hamilton.jpg84674266_10155941899927609_1402325556791345152_n (1).jpg70693386_1036926643318588_4455473827329081344_o.png.jpgFB_IMG_1547919421198.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK 

Gotta love weather of late, warm by day 30-40's the sap in Maple trees are officially running in February?

And have a 2-part snow storm due Thursday through Friday of perhaps 18" -24" when all is said and done.

I think it's time to clean out the ashes in the stove, just feel an ongoing fire in my future.

Hope all enjoy the day, I feel a double expresso wakey wakey, calling to me.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy-ish Thursday 21* and snowing and now it's time to put on Sorel's and walk like penguin to the store.

Need coffee seem to have run out, and really want it.

Enjoy all

Froze

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, all!

We're in the high 30's rain, rain, and more rain. Temps going up so that by tomorrow AM it will be near 60...such yo-yo temps.

@Frozenoem ... how could you run out of coffee? YIKES!

Bring a sled, Froze!Bring a sled, Froze!

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

Lower lumbar and coccyx Re-arranged a month ago, now cleared for travel.

Saturday I'm going shopping after shoveling out, I hope🤣

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Sunday 2-2-2020! 

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Here in Wisconsin at:

SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. (WMTV)-- Jimmy the Groundhog saw his shadow which means there will be six more weeks of winter.

Sun Prairie's Jimmy the Groundhog predicts there will be six more weeks of winter in 2020. (Jeremy Nichols/WMTV)

Sun Prairie held its annual Groundhog Day Prognostication Sunday at sunrise. The early morning prediction didn’t keep crowds from gathering at Cannery Square to hear Jimmy’s prediction.

This was the 72nd annual Groundhog Day ceremony in the self-proclaimed “Groundhog Capital of the World.” Mayor Paul Esser reported the prediction and a proclamation from Gov. Tony Evers declared it officially Groundhog Day in Wisconsin.

Jimmy was handled by the Wilderness Walk Zoo and Recreation Park. The event emcee was Mike Mahnke, the public address announcer of the Badgers and he declared, “Jimmy is never wrong.”

Punxsutawney Phil in Pennsylvania did not see his shadow and predicted an early spring.

Following his prediction, participants took to the city’s streets for a new racing event. The Hibernation Hustle Fun Run benefits the Boys and Girls Clubs of Dane County and was added to the Groundhog Day festivities this year.

26239628_1976152999338949_2532531876340247136_n.jpgIm_Happy_Without_You.jpgtenor (8).gifCrêpe_opened_up.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning, Porch Peeps,

I’m sitting here waiting for the heater guy to get here and fix whatever is wrong with my heater. (At least there is heat).

A nice sunny day that may reach the 60 degree mark, but the rest of the week, although decent temps, will be rainy.

Nice to see a super bowl win yesterday for the Chiefs and Andy Reid.

I did catch some of the kitten and puppy bowls yesterday. So cute.

What fun!What fun!

Gottcha!Gottcha!

Touchdown!Touchdown!

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch on this last Friday of January 2020!

Our weather here starts out with scattered fog and a temperature of 29*.

No big plans for today or the weekend other than watching some college basketball games. Sunday we will watch the Super Bowl game quitely at home without a party as we have done in the past. Will be pulling for the Chiefs but mostly to see the the ads. There is one about a dog that was favorably treated here at the UW Veterinary School. I'm hoping to get the car washed for the first time in a while due to cold weather. Saturday looking for a high of 36 and Sunday of 41*.

Have a great weekend everyone. 

‘Lucky Dog’ Scout and UW School of Veterinary Medicine star in WeatherTech Super Bowl commercial.

5e30b0caa36f1.image.jpgimage-GrgaLvawKO95hEP0Y1Oy.png80712132_3740064909337315_7310335088581935104_n.jpgRFV242256-WHITE-LEFT-CFM.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK,I saw Scout's commercial.  Very cool what can be done.  👍

Honored Social Butterfly

Morning all going through jet lag issues this morning, with a side of the deck pitching beneath my feet. But, I'm on dry land.

waiting for storms to hit @ home. About all I'm aware of Re: dog bowl is winner was MAINE dog I think.

Now, off in search of something to graze upon, hungry and need coffee.

@MsStretch 

Discovery 3 hours sleep and working, flying are not conducive to good health. Come on retirement!

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning, Peeps, Happy February!

A foggy start to the day here. I was out for breakfast again, and then tonight it’s dinner and Game Night.

Not watching the Super Bowl tomorrow…have to see my Masterpiece Theater shows on PBS, but hope the Chiefs win for Andy Reid. Loved him when he used to coach the Eagles.

Enjoy the weekend!

need more of this!need more of this!

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 wrote:

Not watching the Super Bowl tomorrow…have to see my Masterpiece Theater shows on PBS, but hope the Chiefs win for Andy Reid. Loved him when he used to coach the Eagles.

Wait!  Surely you're watching Kitten Bowl VII and Puppy Bowl XVI tomorrow!

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MsStretch...LOL!

Oh, how funny those "bowl games" are. When the Kitten Bowl was first on the Hallmark channel I couldn't get over how adorable it was with the live commentary and the names they had for the "players."  Cat LOL I'll have to check out the times for the Kitten and Puppy Bowl games. I heard there was also a Cat Bowl. Saw a makeshift puppy bowl on the Kelly Clarkson show Friday, but there was no commentary, just darling puppies all over the place.

Best part of those bowl games are that by the time they air, all the little cutie pies have been adopted. Heart

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500, you can check my links for more info, but Kitten Bowl is on Hallmark at 2 PM and Puppy Bowl is on Animal Planet at 3 PM.  I think they repeat all day.  Pygmy goats are the cheerleaders this year at Puppy Bowl and JenniPurr Lopez and Cat-ira are the featured halftime performers.

I just checked on Cat Bowl.  It's on now! It will also be on at 4 PM tomorrow. Gotta go.  Back to Cat Bowl.  Toooo funny!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Phil says, "Early Spring!"Phil says, "Early Spring!"

Good Morning,

Happy Groundhog Day. It was snowing on Gobbler’s Knob in Punxsutawney early this morning so Phil didn’t see his shadow. Early Spring is predicted.

We haven’t had too much in the way of a real winter here, so we’ll probably get blasted this month whether he saw his shadow or not.

Just hope he bites someone again so they discontinue annoying the poor animal! I don’t really like groundhogs (way too many around my yard), but don’t think they should be exploited like this. There is a movement afoot to stop using a real groundhog. Maybe it will gather momentum.

Meanwhile, enjoy your day again and again and again and…

Enjoy your bowls, be they puppy, kitten or super.

Ground hog day.jpg

Way too much to ask!Way too much to ask!

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Monday morning January, 2020! I'm not sure what everyone here thinks about Professional Athletes but I think we should take a moment to note the legacy of Kobe Bryant! On April 13, Kobe Bean Bryant will don his Lakers jersey for the last time. And during this, his 20th and final NBA season, Bryant has received an extended valediction fit for a king, replete with a plethora of celebrations, movie star-commercials, and unanimous praise from basketball stars past and present. His professional résumé is, of course, indisputable. Bryant is an 18-time All-Star, 12-time member of the All-Defensive team, and 5-time NBA champion. He will go down as the second-best shooting guard in NBA history—behind His Airness—and one of the Top 20 players to ever set foot on the hardwood. 

Lakers legend Kobe Bryant has died in a helicopter crash on Sunday at the age of 41. 

There were nine people killed in the helicopter that went down around 10 a.m. PST in Calabasas, Calif, officials said. Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna, who were on their way to a travel basketball game, were among those dead, according to multiple reports, confirming the initial TMZ story

Bryant has been flying via helicopter for years, going back to his playing days to avoid LA traffic. 

3264.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good afternoon, everyone,

Cloudy here, but at 36, feeling like 30, it's not too bad for the end of January.

Was out for breakfast with the school retirees this AM, and came home to unclog another sink. I think I have earned a plumber's badge this week as I finally got my kitchen sink unclogged yesterday after a frustrating time with that. Today the bathroom one was a breeze.

@DaveMcK ...Kobe Bryant was a local hero here in the Philly burbs. Although way younger than I, he attended Lower Merion HS which was one of my HS's rivals. Their Lower Merion gym is named after him. We played Lower Merion in all sports. Local and Philly news has been going nuts over this tragic accident.

Hope all you Porchers are warm and cozy.

Drink up!Drink up!

Honored Social Butterfly

Morning perhaps, wearing 3 watches for time zones and totally confused.

15* sunny and a warmup again in the future week.Temp's above 30*.

@catwoman500 

Your perfectly welcome to fix anything you wish. When in doubt for any repairs my first stop is repairclinic.com 😎.

Especially when Sears tells me I need to pay for their serviceman and I need to pay for an entire part $195 to use a cable for $5 from repair clinic.

How to fix an oven for $20 and a screwdriver. Versus $380 parts and labor, let's hear it for frugality.And right to fix laws.😇

On that note, time to call snowblower guy, I know weather won't stay warm and just got a new friction disk for simple things like going forward and reverse, versus dragging 400> pounds around.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Sunday morning January 2020! Hoping everyone has a great day! 

What is on your agenda for tonight? 

How about the:

rs_1920x900-190201101921-1920-Alicia-Keys-Grammys-AA-020119.jpg

AWARDS NOMINATIONS & WINNERS

The rich history of Music's Biggest Night is at your fingertips. From Henry Mancini, Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson to Kanye West, Taylor Swift and Adele, explore the winners and biggest moments from each GRAMMY Awards telecast.

Link:

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/awards

What is your favorite song, album, group of all time?

S140943.jpg

Single by Captain & Tennille from the album Love Will Keep Us Together

My favorite all time Grammy song is:

"Love Will Keep Us Together" was the title cut and lead single of Captain & Tennille's debut album, although "Captain" Daryl Dragon originally hoped that honor would go to the duo's rendition of "I Write the Songs". The single rose to number 1 on both the Billboard Easy Listening chart and the Billboard pop chart, staying atop the latter for four weeks starting June 21, 1975. It also hit the top of the 1975 year-end chart. In the US it was the best-selling single of 1975. "Love Will Keep Us Together" was certified gold by the RIAA[ and also won the Grammy Award (1975) for Record of the Year on February 28, 1976.

Dragon and Tennille acknowledged Sedaka's authorship—as well as his mid-1970s comeback—by working the phrase "Sedaka is back" into the song's fadeout, where the applause from the studio musicians can be heard. Their version would earn Sedaka and Greenfield a Grammy nominationfor Song of the Year. Twenty years later in 1995, the duo would re-record the song for their Twenty Years of Romance CD.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP