Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL APRIL - JUNE CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on this THURSDAY morning APRIL 1, 2021. 

71315842.jpeg

302328-Goodbye-March-Hello-April.jpg

178949.png

178949.png

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Recognized Social Butterfly

Enjoying perfect weather here in NW Ga, 70 for a high, night temps cool  and low humidity.  No bug bites yet, although I am sure they are planning their assault on those opting for short sleeves.   All critters well and I guess no news is good news in my case.  Nothing going on at the homestead either, which is not all that great since they should have done some dirt work 2 weeks ago.

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 , looking at the same stuff here south of you.  Wind. Wind. Wind. 🌬  Downright scary sitting among all these big oaks with all the branches and twigs hitting the roof. BAM!

Went from sweaty yesterday to chilly today. 🥵 > 🥶  Yup, must be spring!

Hunker down and stay safe.

Bronze Conversationalist

@MsStretch @catwoman500 

Gosh ladies!   Please be careful and stay safe where you are!!!  Your weather descriptions don't sound good at all!  It was very sunny here today.  I should have been out working in my flowerbeds again, because I still have some that need last years' stuff removed.  But I felt too lazy, (kitty) Mr. Myles and I.  So we basked in our loving companionship inside instead.

Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 80's!  (And people steadfastly claim there's no such thing as climate change???)  Those temps are unheard of for this time of year here.  Ah well, I will have no excuses at all not to be working outside.

Be safe, sleep well.  Rejoice in another day yet to come.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good afternoon everyone on this Thursday APRIL 21, 2021. We have been in a cold spell with little moisture for several days.

We did have a few snow showers today with no accumulation. 

Vaccines are more available here in our large countries and some smaller ones coming close to 50% of the population having had 2 shots.

A lot the perennial flowers are starting to bloom and many flowering trees have bloomed.

Hoping everyone has a  restful evening.

20200506_153817.jpg

20200527_170724.jpg

DixIEitXUAEEWso.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Earth Day Thursday, 19* but, promise for warm temp’s later this week again.

Woke up to the sounds of snow falling from my roof, and immediately rolled over again.👍

Time to start a fire, and prepare to go up country for a bit.Need to help a friend with his trac’s.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Bronze Conversationalist

@Frozenoem   A trip to Maine is definitely on my bucket list/ business list.  But I don't know after reading about your weather up there, Froze!  Hmmm....

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Ro,

Relax it will be 70’s and back to sunny, within the week.

Admit it’s different weather  patterns between ocean and mountains of Maine and NH.

I tried the ocean down east and didn’t like it (weather wise) too much damp.

Mountains dry heat when it arrives is beautiful.Unfortunately since Pandemic, others have discovered Paradise.

Judging by homes bought by people from away, we’ve become a safe haven of healthy people.🤣 Safer than cities and people packed like sardines.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

earth day.png

Happy Earth Day, everyone!

@MsStretch …Nope…I agree with @RosemaryF433825 …not an option for me to have an unmasked worker come in the house. Even my stepson wore one when he came to do dome measuring for me. My plumber/heater guy wears one, too. Even the Amazon delivery people wear one and they are only leaving a package outside the door!

@Frozenoem … BRRRR. We were at what I thought was cold at 36, wind chill at 26 this AM, but you beat us! Somehow we missed the thunderstorms yesterday and there wasn’t enough rain to wash the pollen off my car…but enough to make the car look like a real mess.

I seem to be getting into a few legal questions this week…was looking out all my windows to see if the wind brought down any limbs, and saw this neighbor across the street with this really high tech looking crossbow. He was shooting at a target (I think), but the look of that thing was intimidating. Called the Borough hall to ask if it was legal to use one of those in a neighborhood backyard, but the woman had no clue and told me to call the police non-emergency number. Not wanting to do that, I found an email address for the police dept. and said I was curious as to whether it was legal or not. I’ll let you know if I ever get an answer.

My hands are so cold. I need some Joe!

time for coffee.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

Up here it’s no target practice within 300’ feet of another house or property. 

Includes crossbow , exception only is BB’s or pellets.Air or CO2 powered projectiles, no clue why?

Olden days would hurt but, you could put an eye out, Ralphie. * nod to Gene Shepherd and Red Ryder. Now, can do worse with newer pellet guns,55-gallon steel barrels anyone.

Think I’ll stick with sand pits with 15 foot berm, just in case of accidents. And I have training from a PD.

Back to the trax.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning, Peeps!

@Frozenoem ...Yeah, I was thinking about good ole Ralphie. 😸

Anything could happen...like a bee buzzing around the guys head just as he releases and the arrow could go right into his neighbor's yard...or neighbor! 😮

Just glad he was pointing it the other way and not in my direction. LOL

Haven't gotten a reply to my email, and don't expect much...our PD doesn't have the sharpest tools in the shed. 🙄

I'm so excited about going out for lunch today. Haven't been in a restaurant since November. After that, close to the holidays, the governor closed all eating places until after the New Year. Then we hardly ever go out to eat in the winter for fear of having to cancel due to nasty weather, so this is great. A bit chilly, but the sun is out!

Rain headed our way for the weekend, but then warmer temps next week...wahoo!

Ahhhhhhh...Ahhhhhhh...

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

Brisk Friday am and noon, wind chills with 35 mph breezes. Hopefully last bunch of squalls passed last night and this morning.

At least temp’s will be back in the upper 60’s to 70 next week. Now, if we just pass the hurdle of 40* overnight temps.🤣

The last restaurant I visited was Feb. 2020, don’t think DD or Corner Store counts.

Nor does the Head Chef from NH hotel or his camp🤣.

Time to play with firewood, again, when power is expected to go out it’s required.one more night of partly cloudy ?? rain/snow with 20* temps.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning, All,

We started out with sun today. Looks like the rain is holding off until tonight. It's in the 50's right now.

I felt so free yesterday when we went out to lunch. Just the half hour drive in the sunshine and then seeing a friend that I haven't seen in over a year. It was exhilarating. I'm glad we ate inside. The place across the street from this restaurant had outdoor dining and the patrons' hair was literally blowing straight up in the air. LOL It's a wonder the food didn't blow off the plates.

Our food was great. I had a crab cake that came with home made potato chips. They brought enough to feed 4 people. I had to eat a couple just to try them...delicious! I should have brought the rest of  them home, but it would have been a temptation I don't need. If I could have mailed them to you, @Frozenoem ...they would have been put to good use! 😸

I smiled all the way home. The only bad thing was that the coffee was like colored water. I had to have a real cup when I got home.

Enjoy your weekends!

Seems about right!Seems about right!

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

69* presently with rain holding off, went outside and never returned until now.

Spent the day looking for a piece of siding, hasn’t been made since the 70’s. And the gusts of 50 mph last night sent it flying.

Guess someone else is replacing it, not into climbing 3stories on ladder.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

A Sunday hello to all,

@Frozenoem ...did your piece of siding ever turn up? If so...stay off the ladder please. There needs to be age restrictions on ladders! 😏

An uneventful day so far. Rain came during the night and just a few remnants when I left for the grocery store. Met my friend as usual and we caught up with our exciting week. 

Looking forward to the warm-up promised for this coming week. Guess I should call and get the AC maintenance visit on the schedule.

Academy Awards tonight...never even heard of the movies that are up for Oscars. Guess that's what happens when theaters are closed and the only way to get movies is to subscribe to those fancy schmancy viewing services that nickel and dime you to death. Not for me. Well, youngsters...I remember back in the good ole days when there were only 3 channels on the TV, and all you had to do is plug it in the wall.......OK, Boomer! 😹

You all take care!

through the eyes of coffee.png

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

Siding may be in next county, have replacement piece and put false shadow line with magic marker (looks similar) from 50 ‘ up.

With a cherry picker, and attached harness I would do it. Balance and heights no need to warn me about ladders, not happening.

Price of rentals on cherry pickers here have gone up astronomically, same as building materials.

Last time I rented for log cabin, was $50 for weekend. Now, $300 for weekend or daily rate $500 on a 6’ length of vinyl siding replacement just not happening.🤣

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Anyone there?Anyone there?

Happy Fri-yay, Porch Peeps,

Haven't heard a "peep" from anyone since last Sunday. Hope everyone is OK!

We are having winds that are soon to become damaging, so wanted to get on here while we still have power. Once again we are having strange weather. Wednesday it was close to 90, yesterday in the mid 80's, last night we had some storms which blew out before midnight, and right now it is 64 and blustery, but at least we have sun.

The stop sign across the street from me blew down. I saw the people who live there trying to shore it up with guide wires. Hope it holds. I know it will take the borough eons before they come around to fix it.

You all stay well and I hope you are not in the middle of any bad weather.

Cat needs coffee.gif

Honored Social Butterfly

Saturday afternoon went from high’s in the 70’s to 42* today.

@catwoman500 

Found the need to haul some firewood in so, that’s what I’ve been doing between rain and flurry action.🤣

Froze

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello DaveMcK!

It has been chilly here as well!   There was a freeze last night and we have frost warnings for tonight, too.   Brrrr.   I tried to cover some of my more tender perennials outside, but any annuals I've bought so far have been nice and snuggly on my sunny three season porch.  My fingers are just ACHING to start planting something.  (heavy sigh)

The Nanking Cherry bushes are blooming, and I've noticed some flowers blooming in peoples' yard in the city.  It's always so awesome to see everything turning green and have some colors again after a long winter.

Sweet dreams to you and your lovely one!  

--Rosemary

Honored Social Butterfly

It is nice to finally put the shots behind me... for now.  flu, COVID, shingles.  That is until the next year's round begins again.  Of all of them, my least favorite is the Shingrix.  However, just tell yourself that a few days of possible side effects is infinitely better than contracting the actual disease.

Last summer when my AC went kaput, my landlord had a guy he knows and has worked with,  come in and replace it.   I remember when he came in setting up the temp AC and working on the installing the new one, he never wore a mask.  I thought it was rude and I maintained my distance, even going outside.  I should have expressed my unease, but he was here with the landlord and I just stayed out of the way -- far out of the way.  Flash forward to yesterday --  found out he just got out of the hospital after recovering from... yep, you guessed it -- COVID.  He worked on other people's heating/AC, too. 🙁 Of course, this is months removed from when he was here, but it just made me mad that he was so careless with that 'Not me' attitude.  One word - karma.  He believes now.  Said it was the worst, most horrendous experience.  In fact, he can't wait to get the vaccine, but I think you have to wait 30 days after recovery?  His whole situation reminded me of what happened with Mr. PoopyPants recently.  (Remember this one, @Frozenoem ? 😂)

Bronze Conversationalist

@ MsStretch...

Sorry you didn't feel like you could say something to him....

IMO, I think it's just fine when someone enters your home to expect them to wear a mask.

It is, after all, your house!  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Stretch,

Remember him and was mentioning that just the other day. One week Teddy is still talking about how fake the pandemic is, then seemingly one week later he gets it.🤣

He still says he won’t take the jab, Through fear of what’s in it.

B2C4E22C-89E3-4659-A798-0FB44698AD85.jpeg

I believe it was in another group, where Politics is still allowed, started by former AARP’ers, years back, or from Prospero plus days. Only have one bat💩 crazy member in the group, MAGA type.

Still seeking alternatives, where Politics can be spoken, Tapatalk or FAcebook style.

And on that cheery note, it’s time to make a fire, PM if interested, one’s by invite only.

The other requires Tapatalk, just like the golden commode group we used to belong to.

Froze

Bronze Conversationalist

Zzzzzz.  Oh!  Hello!  (HUGE YAWN!)  Wow!  Whomever said the second dose of vaccine made a person sleepy wasn't kidding.  I've been down in bed, curled up with a kitty for most of the day.  I can't even read a book and concentrate on it.  My "to do" list became a "to don't " list really fast today!   I need to get out the toothpicks to prop my eyelids open to make supper tonight!  : )

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello, Everyone!

It's clouding up here, getting ready for some rain tomorrow. Yuck...I have to be up early to take my car for inspection tomorrow.

Nothing exciting going on here. I guess I do have to check on my towels in the washer to make sure they are not misbehaving. It's quiet down there so all must be ok unless they killed each other. 

@Frozenoem ...you eat whatever knocks your socks off. I do like food that is "visible," and not hidden under coverings. LOL Not a fan of mystery meat...actually not a big fan of meat in general although I wouldn't say no to a burger! 😻 🍔

It's lunch time here so I guess I'll try to get rid of the rest of the Easter eggs and make some egg salad. 🥚

@RosemaryF433825 ... Nobody I know had that "tired" reaction. I guess you should just sleep it off and you'll be fine. At least you were able to get that second shot! 😸

@MsStretch ...keep running from the walking dead. They don't seem to move that fast, so pretty sure you can stay ahead. 😱

coffee cup runneth over.jpeg

Bronze Conversationalist

@catwoman500   Hey there!  Two other folks I know mentioned feeling super tired the 24 hours after getting the second shot.  But I've been alert enough to go to the city and take care of some errands today.  So it's all good.  I feel really fortunate not to have suffered any other ill affects from it.  Glad to have my shots done.  Now it's get ready for the second Shingles shot in 30 days.  Life is good.  But then, it usually is.  Cheers!!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey, all,

We are just cloudy and cool, so no rain hassle getting to the dealership this morning. The hassle was getting up way too early for me. But...I did it and was out the door at 7:30 and home by 9:30 with inspection, oil change, tires balanced and rotated and new wiper blades. 👨‍🔧  That was for the car by the way...wish I could get service like that on my person! 😸

@Frozenoem ...I did hear the weather and the snow in the northern forecast. Hope it doesn't hit you too hard.

@RosemaryF433825 ...Glad you regained your wakefulness. 😉

Needing more coffee than usual to stay alert today. A nap could be in my future although I'm not ordinarily a napper.

Y'all stay safe!

being coffenated.jpeg

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

I think I’ve gotten used to snow storms year round, the good thing is this time of year it doesn’t last long.🤣

Latest I recall is 30 years ago 3 feet in May, gone the next day. Think it has to do with being tailpipe of the US, and proximity to Mt. Washington in NH.

Guess I’ll forget the lawn tomorrow, it needs rain. It’ll just fall in the form of snow 4-8”.

Besides It’s good for our overall water totals🤣.

Froze

Recognized Social Butterfly

A beautiful spring day here in NW Ga.   Just cool enough for the turtle neck & vest I love so much.  Love those extra pockets.  Coffeenated is a good word.    Not much new here. Diabetic Tiger is now stable and does not have to return for more blood sugar checks.  Whew, it gets old waiting at the vet with a very nervous 107 lb dog. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Porch Peeps...

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

So…I went to the post office this morning. Not crowded as I went around 11:00. Some…I can’t even describe this guy…loud, grumpy, rude, certainly having a bad day/life guy was at the counter and I can’t believe the employee didn’t give him a warning. He plops the box he wanted to mail on the counter and when the clerk starts his spiel about, “anything fragile, liquid…,” the guy says, “It’s an atomic bomb.”

Jackie, the other clerk, and I exchanged eye rolls… like what an idiot! Just what you need to hear some jerk say in the times we are living in. Then he continues to be rude to the clerk when he asked what mail service he’d like (priority, first class, etc.) He says, “I don’t care if it ever gets there!”

I was finished before this guy and was headed out the door when the clerk tells him to have a good day. The guy yells, “I sure as H--- won’t.” Guessing Mondays were not this guy’s favorite day.

Glad I don’t have to live with all that anger fermenting inside me!

Hoping all of you have a great and safe week ahead! I am definitely having more coffee!

birthstone is a coffee bean.jpeg

dinosaurs and coffee.jpeg

😸

Bronze Conversationalist

@catwoman500   I guess the guy was not aware of something called the "Bomb Hoax Law."  Yep.  There's one...for real.  It is a federal crime to joke around and say you have a bomb.  And you sure as heck don't want to pick a post office or the airport to say it either.  If someone had reported the guy, he'd REALLY be displeased when he found out he would be serving 5 years in prison and possibly a fine on top of that for his little obnoxious statement!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, All,

@RosemaryF433825 ...Bomb Hoax Law, huh? How about that! I figured the guy was breaking some sort of law. I'll mention it to the PO people next time I go in. Wonder if it even fazed them? Took me a minute to bite my tongue, afraid of calling him an idiot.

@Frozenoem ...you are more of a coffee nut than I am.  

This one's for you...

Only trouble with a big cup is that it doesn't stay warm.Only trouble with a big cup is that it doesn't stay warm.

We should get to the 70's today, then the roller coaster starts and we dip to "feels like the 20's" in the next couple of days. Thunderstorms tomorrow and wind on Thursday. Go figure.

Stay well, everyone!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP