Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL 2024

MORNING ROLL CALL 2024
Top of the morning to everyone on this 3rd day of April 2024.

Happy Birthday to all of our April Birthday members.
April Birth Flowers: Daisies and Sweet Peas.

1000009941.jpg

1000010732.jpg

1000010733.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Silver Conversationalist

Nothing up here in the Northeast corridor that I know of. Glad you are ok..🙂

Gold Conversationalist

This is strange,,,after making all these comments about not getting notices......all of a sudden I get 6 in a row....

1.JPG

maybe someones watching & felt guilty ....

so they went ahead & sent me my notifications...LOL😂

Honored Social Butterfly

@Therapist4u 

Seems  that AARP still reads those little surveys that offer you to gripe via text or email, they DO respond and actually check upon the webpages.

Heck I was thrilled when someone actually fixed the you got mail alert that was dated 2021 or 2022 for years.

It also seems to help if you remain active on the boards, otherwise you become a ghost poster drawing total blank on the name, it’s in the about pages under help or it was. Surprised me when I read posts from people long dead or just gone back to work.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

PM’s on the other hand stop at 11:30 pm, 

@SpringIsHereSoHappy 

Review all messages and you shall find your answers to all questions, fair warning changing your username with similar frequency as longies might delay response time.

Time to await more snow, feed fire and and try to finish use of my thumbs, iPhone.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Gold Conversationalist

Oh my goodness,....🙀

Our Nicole just posted!!! ✍️👍

LOL!!😃

Trusted Social Butterfly

5 comments (Thursday 4/4/24) OUR MAINER GUYS! 👴🤓

@Frozenoem and @LeeS4949  - how long have you guys LIVED in Maine?  🤔

Silver Conversationalist

All my life.. Well, not actually ALL of it yet.. Just all my life up till now. 😊

Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (Thursday 4/4/24)

Lol @LeeS4949 , translation = you plan to be buried there!!! Thanks for "responding"  💃💃💃

@Frozenoem gave me a kudo = that may be all I am getting = NO response or maybe later?  🤔

Honored Social Butterfly

Born at 360’ elevation but, yes a flatlander born in evil lands , translation MA or taxachusetts with firewood in my paw. According to most Maine born, I’m not as annoying as true flatlanders.

Not planning to be planted here, family plot in Exeter NH where dbl. stacking is allowed if in vault.

@catwoman500 

@Therapist4u 

Get used to it, are you behind on your notifications or  spending hours In No cell service areas. It’s easy to do in Maine.At 23 or 24* it’s hard to desire to go out for signal, and no power means even the mesh booster doesn’t cut it.

When in range of tower or booster, I tend to get notification 2-3 days old.

Froze

Gold Conversationalist

Hey  Froze! @Frozenoem  

Thanks for replying...& trying to help!

This problem has been ongoing for AARP only...all other websites I use have no delays like this....unless for example, they’re down for maintenance.

Like many things here...they get fixed....only to break again.....& ends up being worse sometimes!

Anyway,

Stay safe....&... ‘WAHM’ LOL!!

Take care!

🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️ 🏂

Honored Social Butterfly

@Therapist4u 

It may have been fixed again, received notification at 10:59, that’s an improvement usually they stop at 6 pm.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments (Monday 4/1/24) THE 2 PBS LADIES - I AM ONE TOO! 📺

@LaDolceVita , I have been ENJOYING our chats about PBS in my Thread. Thank you for stopping by  💙💙💙  NO PRESSURE, but you are also welcome to stop by @catwoman500  💚💚💚

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey, All,

Like @Therapist4u, I never get any notices that things have been posted here anymore. Once in a while if someone mentions me, that notice comes through, but more often I get nothing. I never changed anything, so no clue as to why I don't get my AARP email notices that someone has posted. When I get a couple of minutes, I may check here, but unless I get a nudge from an email, I'm oblivious. 🙄

Y'all take care.

@Frozenoem ...stay warm amidst your blizzard! We are just having wind and rain this week...lots and lots of rain!  And maybe a thunderstorm.

Gold Conversationalist

Hey  @catwoman500

Good to hear from you!

I was told to check my settings...make sure all your notifications...& your subscriptions to posts...etc...all that you want...are checked to send.

That said...even after making sure I've done all that....it hasn’t been any better...

just random ones make it thru....oh well....

Anyway...we also got tons of rain...& high winds for 2 days...& a few tornadoes....it’s that time of year!!!

Please have a wonderful week &....

*Also..thanks for all the kudos!

As always... Take care!

☮️  🌄~Allen 🌈  🎨

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Monday 4/1/24) ALLEN, GUY WHO MAKES US LAUGH! 🤣😂

@Therapist4u , tell me about your NEW Avatar. Lol, I guess Snoopy got kicked to the curb.

*** Hmmm, are those flowers for Spring? ***

As you can see I change my Avatar and Username OFTEN. Next change will be Summer.

So AARP is disbanding their ACE PROGRAM = bye, bye  ❤  for you. I had replied to AARP Michael's PM that I was okay with this decision and would be "unregistering" now. I guess everyone will lose their  ❤  soon.

Oh well, more changes... 👵

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Nicole! @SpringIsHereSoHappy

I’m not getting most of my AARP emails again...so if you or someone else tags me lately, I’ll not know it!, ...& that means it will leave many messages unanswered!!..

oh well...

But ...I just happened to see your post...

anyhoot.... Snoopy is NOT kicked to the curb....but since it was about St Pat’s....I tried to crop out that part of the avatar, & leave Snoopy & the rainbow part...but it’s too small...& yes...since no holidays for a while...I used one of my gazillion pics of nature!

I change my Avatar (but not my Username) OFTEN too....every few weeks or so...

AFA: ACES....ya...got the PM...but I don’t understand the need to “phase them out”

Most of them are great friends!...they (we) deserve some kind of recognition...like for posting often & trying to help other peeps!

KUDOS are OK...but mostly MEH! LOL!

Anyway... Take care!

☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Monday 4/1/24) MY BIG BRO IN MAINE!  👴

@Frozenoem , I was going to keep my famous BIG MOUTH shut  🙄🙄🙄  but...

So here goes - hmmm, you must have gotten NEW readers = you been doing ALOT of posting here or you just MISS US/lol  😂🤣

Luv you Big Bro  💙💙💙

Honored Social Butterfly

No, on new readers.

Appt for Dr is snow delay, 2 more weeks.

Doctor rescheduled, Big Bertha F-550 will be busy, plowing.Translation for Nicole- a big truck🤣

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

1000010719.jpg

How true is this!

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK  Good Maxine funny Dave!!

Honored Social Butterfly

April Fools Day will be arriving on Wednesday am,pm,Thursday am, pm along with 12-18” of snow.

But I seem to recall the same amounts promised 2 Saturdays ago when we got 29” - surprise! At least the snow should only remain for 2/3 weeks judging by last storm.

That means I can see my driveway and woodpile once more.Might even get oil before the next storm🤔, and another load of wood.

Odd this desire to remain warm when night time temps are still  in  single digits to highs of 20*.😎 it’s tha daytime temps that suggest Spring will arrive eventually.

Have fun, y’all

Froze

Silver Conversationalist

Is it just me or are these weekly Nor Easters / hurricanes getting tedious? Be safe and warm...

Honored Social Butterfly

@LeeS4949 

It’s not just you on weekend or whenever storms ,for the first time in 40 years I bought kindling for the fire.

Hauled a 12volt battery upstairs for the inevitable power outage to power the 12v electric blanket. Then  found myself sleeping thru the first half of storm?

Froze

Gold Conversationalist

Hey  Froze! @Frozenoem

Good to hear from you!

BTW: Spring’s here...

or at least on its way...

even for you Wicked Mainahs!😄

You too @LeeS4949🙂

Spring’s here... or at least on its way...even for Wicked Mainahs! LOL!!Spring’s here... or at least on its way...even for Wicked Mainahs! LOL!!

Hope you’re both doing well!

Stay safe....&...

WAHM’ LOL!!

As always... Take care!

🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️ 🏂

Silver Conversationalist

Ive found that sleeping thru as much of a storm as I can shortens it considerably..

Honored Social Butterfly

@LeeS4949 

Sleeping thru storm almost worked until that first 5-10” came flying down from the tin roof, almost as noisy as slate roof. 11/12 pitch says it won’t stay up there long.

Time for wood feeding.

Froze

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita , may Claire run freely over the Rainbow Bridge. No matter how difficult they may be to take care of, it's more difficult to reconcile that they are no longer a part of our lives.  Claire lived a long life, longer than most, and it sounds like you made it a happy and easier one for her.

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

Just read of Claire’s passing over the rainbow bridge, know that feeling only too well. Never for 20 years though, the closest was 18 years for my Rottweiler/Lab and my Siamese Sealpoint.

Took me a long time to get over there passings, as well as the other ones. Best we can do is remember them and actually hope to find them waiting when we cross over.

Still feel the presence of all of my dogs and cat, with the memories that go with each of them.

Frozel 

Gold Conversationalist

Hi again Ms. Stretch! @MsStretch 

Ahhhh...the Rainbow Bridge! 🌈 

I had only one cat....I had to wait for the 2nd part of my life to ‘settle down’ & remain at a stable point...that being the purchase of my 1st home..which I paid off & still live in....[while I try to put up with remodeling Hel...P...LOL! ...in order to finally sell it, to move into smaller digs...& a more mature adult environ....]

One day a friend said that there was a lonely little kitten at a shelter that was part of a large litter & she was the tiniest & sickly ‘runt’....& all others were adopted from a terrible place....& she might be put to sleep soon....& I thought...well...I can’t leave her there all alone...anyway... “long story short”...we were together for almost 20 years...until she died!😿

On a happier note...I named her Toonces...after the Saturday Night Live recurring sketch of: “Toonces the Driving Cat” LOL!!!

Toonces the Driving Cat.jpg

OIPToonces the Driving Cat.jpg

Toonces the Driving CatToonces the Driving Cat.jpg

OIToonces the Driving Cat.jpg

Anyway...Hope you & your precious ‘furchildren’ are doing well!

Also...wishing a Happy EASTER to you....& your family & friends!

Take care!

☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey there, Porch Peeps!

Speaking of Peeps (yuk for the candy ones 😝) Happy Easter to all! @DaveMcK @Frozenoem @MsStretch @LaDolceVita @Therapist4u and everyone else out there.

@SpringIsHereSoHappy...

Yes, I watched the first 2 episodes of Nolly. I enjoyed it and I wish it was longer than 3 episodes. Last one is tomorrow night. I watched the first episode of Alice and Jack, but didn't enjoy it, so skipped the second and watched an old Rizzoli and Isles on STARTTV.

@MsStretch ...I love seeing the photos of your hikes and your discoveries!

Same old same old around here. Love my new driveway. Still going to PT.

I hope everyone has a lovely holiday weekend! 🐰🐣

Bunny cat.jpg

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP