Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL 2023.

MORNING ROLL CALL 2023
CLOSED USE THE 2024 ADDITION!
Good morning to everyone on this 6th morning of December 2023.

Happy Birthday to all of our December Birthday members.
I turned 80 on December 1st

FB_IMG_1633301117620.jpg

Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit and above all who learn from their mistakes. Be a winner this December.”

1000009736.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

@LeeS4949 

Close by Maine standards around 175 miles or a little over 3 hours, had to check my log book for last trip to Bucksport.

Picture was taken in Oquossuc, needed to dbl check on ability to ride newer sleds not gonna happen this year.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Only 175 ! We re practically neighbors lol

Honored Social Butterfly

@LeeS4949 

I did say by Maine standards we are neighbors.

When I moved to Milbridge 4 hours from here my. Neighbor from here’s brother was my next door neighbor.And my uncle Cliffs home town was only 5 hours away in Maine.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments (10/29/23)

Lol, @catwoman500 and Ms. Stretch @MsStretch , WHOSE team won? 🤔

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi folks, just catching up on posts.  @DaveMcK   Cataract surgery was easy for me also and I am a big wheeny and I see very well now.  @catwoman500   I hope you are feeling better now.  @Frozenoem  I hope you are doing better too.  @SpringIsHereSoHappy  Always glad to see you post, do not like it when you disappear! 

I do not have much news, just getting various projects done that have been on hold for various reasons. Doing a bit of sight seeing during the week days, just nearby.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy ... Eagles won.

@MsStretch ...Whew, Your Commanders made us work hard for that win!

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 , not so sure the Commanders will do it.  They just lost two games to 2 of the worst teams in the NFL. 😧  Although they do seem to get fired up for the better teams, but the Bears and Giants?  Come on. 🤦

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MsStretch ...This should be interesting then! 🏈

Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy , so I assume your iPad is capable of using cellular data.  You don't use WiFi?  Or maybe it's because you don't have WiFi?  Depending on how much data you get, I would imagine your iPad would use it up quickly. I also assume you get your data through your daughter's plan?  I believe I also read that downloading updates via cellular data is automatically turned off on iPads; you have to enable it, and it is recommended you use 5G.  But if you have limited data, you may not be able to download a mega-gigabyte update.

My knee is doing fine.🦵 Kicked my butt for a couple of days and then, it was good.

Sadly, Armani is gone. 😿

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MsStretch ...My Licorice was a black cat. We loved this time of year. 😸

As for tomorrow's "round 2"...Eagles vs Commanders, you guys may do it this time. We have a few injuries. 😾

Eagles logo.png

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK , you will be amazed how how much clearer and more vibrant everything will look after your cataract surgery.  I have had it.  The biggest PITA for me was the weekly schedule of eye drops.  I actually recall on only one follow-up visit after I had each eye done.  Piece of cake.

@SpringIsHereSoHappy , iOS 16.7.1 is the latest update for iPhones, I'm assuming same for iPad systems.  Usually, iOS will update automatically unless you have turned off that setting.  Electronics can be our friends if we don't let them intimidate us. 😁

Honored Social Butterfly

I had may annual eye checkup this morning and there were no new issues. 

I have been putting off cadurac surgery but it seems now is the time to go ahead with the surgery in the near future. 

I will meet  with  the surgeon on December 4th set up a plan.

It sounds more complicated than I thought due to the follow up visits for each eye.

Isn't growing older fun.

Honored Social Butterfly

We had our first frost last night. Not sure.how much damage it did here. 

We have many colorful trees and bushes. 

We had about 4" of rain over a couple of days last week.

How was the weather in your area and what is expected over the next few days?

Honored Social Butterfly

Oh my, @catwoman500 , so glad you made it to the hospital OK.  That sure can be scary having to drive yourself and then have to walk to the entrance instead of being dropped off.  In PAIN, no less! 😱

I went down myself when an old knee injury came back to haunt me.  Arthritis, no doubt.  Been plagued most of my life with periodic episodes albeit rare; this time it came back with a vengeance.  Nothing but time will make it better.  Starting to walk a little more and more normally now, but still not up to par.  I think my Fitbit wonders if I went MIA. 

The copious rain we got yesterday probably didn't help, but seeing sunshine today.  A tad breezy and chilly though. 💨

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MsStretch ...they say (and I fear "they" are right) that everything takes longer to heal as we get older. I would have though all my pain would be gone by now, but nope! I'm getting there though. Doc said today that it will eventually be OK but wants to see me in 6 weeks instead of 6 months. UGH!

Have been there with the knee thing. You take care. No running or jumping! 😻

Honored Social Butterfly

Mary and I are having big  issues with the NFL and the NCAA going to Special pay for view channels. It seems that we are paying way to much for cable TV now without adding a fee for a single  channels.

Football is getting to be totally priced out of the average persons ability to afford.

Wisconsin games on Peacock are a 'big pain' and costly for local businesses and fans.

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK “

Check out you tube for games they may be on tube for NFL if all of the advertising is truthful.Don’t know if it’s free or thru their streaming capabilities.

Just a thought.Froze

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

There have been NCAA and NFL games on channels you have to pay extra to view. I am not willing to pay more to view them. We are paying to much now for cable TV now.

Most people on Sports blogs feel the same as I do.

Honored Social Butterfly

How is the weather in you neighborhood? We are expecting 2 more days of rain to go along with our rain today

Looking at about 4" in total over the weekend.

Sounds like parts of the East Coast are going to get hammered.

maxresdefault.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK  Sounds awful!  We are having some rain too and it is a shame, as today is the parade for Apple Festival.  Temps are pleasant and maybe the drizzle will stop.  Hope everyone is well and enjoying the fall.  October is wonderful mostly. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi there, Porch Peeps!

@LaDolceVita , @DaveMcK ...we are having some rain right now and are supposed to be getting up to a couple of inches between now and tomorrow. Hoping they are wrong.

Haven't turned the heat on yet but could use it. Heater maintenance guys come on Tuesday to service it and I usually like to wait until then to turn it on.

Tuesday, the 3rd I had to drive myself to the ER. Was having severe pains in my side and abdomen. Doc said to go to the ER as it could have been a number of things. 

Well...I have never been hospitalized before and the only other time I was to an ER was decades ago on vacation in Williamsburg, VA, when I had a herniated disc in my neck. So, this was scary for me. Living alone with no friends close enough (or young enough) to ask for a ride, I put on my big girl pants and drove there. The walk from the handicapped parking lot to the entrance was a real treat.

Long story short, CAT scan showed I have diverticulosis...not "itis." And now I know the difference!

So, more fiber and water are the recommendations. I'm slowly feeling better, but wow! Do not want to go through that pain again. I see my primary on Monday so not looking forward to what she may say. 🙄

Hope you all are having a better October than I am. 

coffee and leaves.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

@catwoman500  Wow, glad you are basically OK.  Take good care of yourself!  Also very lucky you have never been hospitalized, that is wonderful.  

A winter day here today, 50 degrees for a high, 38 tonight.  Will bounce back tomorrow to a nice 65.

Pole barn has been bilt and it is huge and wonderful.  Covers all the messy stuff we gather and keep out here!  

Honored Social Butterfly

October, month of black cats.  Unfortunately, this has not been the year for black cats around here.  First, BUC quit coming around.  Delilah, still my baby even though she was an old lady like her mom.  And now, Armani -- still MIA for over 2 weeks now.  I miss them all dearly. 😥 

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MsStretch ...I really thought your Commanders had that one in the bag for sure!

Hope Armani is just off on some adventures. 😿

@Frozenoem ...Does anyone LIKE driving in torrential rain? 😹

Take care, all!

owl and coffee 2.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 , congrats to you and those pesky 😉 birds.

Wash. literally scored that TD in the last TWO SECONDS of the game!  Haven't been that excited about a Football Team/Commanders game in a loooong time. But... alas...  😥💔

Honored Social Butterfly

Two days of sunshine and temps in the 80’s coming, wishes do come true. Magnesium and PT zonked me out for 3 days straight. My predominant hand “Lefty”, has returned to say hi. I missed it for 2 years, now if I can just lose the voice type app in Windoze, I’ll be really happy🤣

@catwoman500 

If you dislike driving in torrential rain, check out Amtrak senior discounts rock, $10 to Boston and my sanity, says no bird flipping at other drivers. Also only takes an hour vs 4 1/2 hours by highway. Only similar drivers would be in Sicily, perhaps some parts of Maine and NY for merging on highways.

No color changing of leaves as yet, round about 2-3 weeks who knows.

Last question for @DaveMcK does WI have parts of the Sail or Motorboat loop(  The Great Loop” it came back t0 me 5 minutes age- remember going motoring on canals when my S.O. Wanted to take a practice cruise before UK, cheaper and semi-closer.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Best I can say it Is a translation year for the Packers!

FB_IMG_1669770244580.jpg

It is a great drive.to the game!

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 , oh yeah, time to make it a tie for 1st in division!  😄

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MsStretch ...Yikes, that was close! 🏈

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 , too funny about that jersey. Well, not funny really, but glad to hear the owner might get a new one back.

My brother brought his Roku and both my brothers subscribe to NFL Ticket, so we were able to stream the Commanders game here in TN. 🏈

@LaDolceVita , drive took me about 8 hrs. with rest stops and gas stops and when I hit Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, the skies opened up. My worst nightmare — driving in pouring rain on streets I’m unfamiliar with. Yes, had GPS, but couldn’t see. You’re right — traffic was very bad, but was sorta glad since it was moving sooo slow, I could just more or less see my next turn instead of zipping by it in the pouring rain.

Looking at Cades Cove with its historic structures and Wed., it is closed to vehicles, so cyclists and pedestrians can use it. 11 miles, but it’s a road walk, so it’s doable, but I would have to stop and thoroughly check out each building which would add an hour or two and I HATE road walks, but we’ll see. If it is crowded, it will be a no-go. Don’t like hiking elbow-to-elbow. 😕

@SpringIsHereSoHappy , here’s the only pic you’re going to get from me right now. It was a visitor we got outside the back deck.

IMG_2264.jpeg

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP