Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL 2023.

MORNING ROLL CALL 2023
CLOSED USE THE 2024 ADDITION!
Good morning to everyone on this 6th morning of December 2023.

Happy Birthday to all of our December Birthday members.
I turned 80 on December 1st

FB_IMG_1633301117620.jpg

Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit and above all who learn from their mistakes. Be a winner this December.”

1000009736.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

Yesterday Mary and I met friends for  lunch at Red Lobster and celebrated my Birthday and our friendship of many years.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Happy Birthday @DaveMcK  and many more!!😍🌺

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1700675448182.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hope everyone on the Porch had a good Thanksgiving.  It was quiet here, good weather made you want to be outdoors.  It turns really cold on Monday and we will have 3 cold nights.

@catwoman500   PT can be really good, I have seen them do wonders with at least 2 relatives.  Think of them as your very own personal trainers.  They could not do much for my mom, she was not motivated.  My hubby had sciatica and he did very well with therapy and still does many of the exercises.  It motivated him to be more conscientious about fitness in general,  that and his high calcium score🙁.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita ... had a great Thanksgiving.

Last Friday, 12/1 was my evaluation for the PT. Looks like I'll be going twice a week. Like your hubby, I also have been doing exercises for years, some of which I got the last 2 times I went to PT...eons ago.

I didn't go with a negative attitude and am open to anything that will work.  Apparently, I'll be working on balance, knees, and back. When I went in, I knew I was in the right place, the only other patients at that time were 2 other old ladies! HA! Of course, all the physical therapists are young things! 

I go tomorrow afternoon for my first real session.

cat physical therapy gif.gif

Trusted Social Butterfly

@catwoman500   Love the cat  massage!    Good for you doing exercises all these years.  I pretty much stopped exercising when my mom took ill and it has taken me a while to regain even a little of what I lost in 6 years.  I do feel much better now that I have been at it for about a year.  I have better balance for sure but not the stamina I had 6 years ago.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

6 comments (Thursday 11/9/23)

Dave @DaveMcK , I had asked IF you and Mary had plans for Thanksgiving - family and granddogs.

Honored Social Butterfly

We are all going to our daughter Emma's home which is 2 miles from our  retirement center. 

We our going to order a prepared dinner by one of the services near here.

Our 3 daughters, husbands and 3 Granddaughters will be there.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello folks, not very newsy here.  Kind of quiet, just the chores and still trying to put up stuff after a year and a half!  @SpringIsHereSoHappy   Your avatar has me stumped as to what he is.  @Frozenoem Sounds like you are in winter mode.  @catwoman500  Health update from your ER visit?  @MsStretch We had very similar weather, a very cold snap followed by about 4 days in the high 70s.  Finally getting some rain, I cannot remember when we had the last one.  Have a nice weekend folks!

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

Officially Winter mode getting perhaps7” of snow now, my neighbors roof is no longer green steel just white.

@MsStretch 

PT does work given time, Otis and Itis’es are less than fun of so I’ve noticed That’s when you try pills at least I remain conscious haven’t zonked out in a month.

Going to be house bound for bird day, my last bag of cornflour is in the mixer presently.Sweet cornbread will be in oven soon.😎Prudhomme style.

Enjoy

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

.(12/1/23)

👋  Hello Porchers!

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   Good to see you again.  I have been hoping someone would stop by the Porch!   Not much to report here. Weather has been going from lovely to not so lovely but that is how it goes in winter.  Hope you are well and having fun 😉.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita ...I'm doing well. Back to my normal diet, thank goodness. X-rays show a bunch of "osis-es" scoliosis, etc. and degenerative everything. Doc recommends PT. We'll see. 🙄

Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem wrote:

When in doubt about abbreviations, google them to translate. OG May be original gangster, or someone who has Stretch wrapped around their dew claw, really good at what they do.

All of the above is correct. 😸😺

Just when you think the last gasps of Indian summer are gone, it returns to make another stand.  Been downright balmy the past couple of days.  Not complaining. 😎

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (11/6/23)

That is AWESOME @catwoman500 and always helps when we get NICE folks!!! 💃💃💃

Honored Social Butterfly

Nicole 

I'm not finding where you asked me a question?

Dave

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (11/6/23)

Oh my goodness, I just realized my MICROWAVE has the WRONG TIME. 😱

Yes, got to MANUALLY RESET TIME 😭

Finally did it JUST NOW and feeling proud of myself = looked at CLOCK/lol 😂🤣

Anyone else MESSED up MANUAL resets? 🤔 I had set Microwave 1 HOUR AHEAD instead of BEHIND. 😱

Will deal with the other Old Lady (2006 Hyundai Elantra) on WEDNESDAY for WALMART. Her CLOCK is a pain in my b.tt. Lol, I have a NOTE on my PURSE to do this. 😎

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy ...Oh, I was on the ball (or so I thought)...changed all manual clocks, micro and oven, and all watches Saturday night...EXCEPT THE ONE I WAS WEARING! DUH!  So at the grocery store Sunday morning as I glanced down to make sure I'd get home in time to do my Ebay listings, I panicked! HA!

Thankfully the new car clock changes itself. With the old one, twice a year I could never remember how to reset the darn thing without going to the car manual. It was actually quite simple, but my brain just wasn't retaining that tidbit of info.

X-rays were a breeze this morning. Nice tech lady.

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 , the only time I will ever root for the Eagles is when they're playing the Cowboys.  So hopefully, Philly keeps it going against Dallas. 🤞

@Frozenoem , one day at a time, huh?  Remember when they used to warn us about all those old injuries coming back to haunt us when we're older?  They weren't kidding.

@SpringIsHereSoHappy , the kids have sheltered heated kitty beds.  There's only two now (both OG) although there are toasty accommodations for 4. Plus there are plenty of other spaces including a basement under my place where the door stays cracked for entry.  (I'm sure it houses an occasional coon and possum, too.)  A couple of igloos -- one with straw, the one on my deck has a heated kitty pad with bed.  This will be their 7th winter here.  Gawd, I can't believe we've had them that long.  Yep, they're bonafide family now. 😺😸

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MsStretch ...Well, we did it, but by the skin of our teeth! 🏈

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

I’m aware of it, just can’t believe it at 60-65 age? Had no trouble with snowshoes, 9 mile hikes and 60£ backpacks into camp if I forgot the key to gates or mud season had closed the road in & out.

32* tonight and stove is burning cheerfully away, my spine is semi-happy 500* is nice. PT involves wood cart vs orange and green bands.

Time to feed fire it counts as PT knee squats, going down and back using wood cart, beats crawling to couch.Might be time for tuneup on pacemaker winded at - mere 2 miles.

@SpringIsHereSoHappy 

When in doubt about abbreviations, google them to translate. OG May be original gangster, or someone 

who has Stretch wrapped around their dew claw, really good at what they do.

Woohoo! My cannoli’s are ready for filling, decided this 

time I’d pipe into shells vs straight down my throat.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (11/4/23) 

Hmmm, Lee @LeeS4949 and Froze @Frozenoem , A NEIGHBOR to me being the LAZY PERSON I AM is the one next door or across the street/lol 🤣😂

That's a ROAD TRIP for me.... 🚘🚗

Wouldn't it be AWESOME if you ran into each other in Maine. 💃💃💃

Honored Social Butterfly

My (Baerskin work hoodie) has my Froze

nickname embroidered on them.. I’m not into 

transport until back is healed, at least 80%.

Can’t always get a Cessna (small aircraft)

call a friend. So that won’t happen anytime soon.

But, odder things have happened met AARP virtual 

Members thrice in DC , IL and FL while traveling through airports. 

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem ...With you in spirit, Froze. Long time back issues for me. Right now, on a dose of prednisone; back X-rays on Monday. Back pain may have led to the discovery of the diverticulosis!

Who first said, "Old age is not for sissies"?

Hang in!

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

Spent 5 years encased in steel back brace 50 lbs, courtesy of being slightly mangled in Limo meets Brick wall brought about by semi on ice covered roads. My med then was heavier than steroids.

My lower lumbar to coccyx are shot, PT helps with pain and pain management meds, with side of self hypnosis. 

Walkng upright sometimes is a real pita, and just doesn’t happen without stronger meds and finding the happier medium between no pain and brain working.

My new mantra, “ I’m not 40 or even 50 anymore.🤣.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (11/3/23) 

Froze @Frozenoem and Lee @LeeS4949 , how far apart are you guys in Maine? 🤔

Silver Conversationalist

I might be off a bit but I'm gonna say100 miles or so. I'm mid coast and I'm not exactly sure where froze is. Near the western mountains I'm guessing.

Honored Social Butterfly

I had some time today so I'm updating the month information early.

il_340x270.4228744854_majf.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

IMG_3982.jpeg

Picture May suggest how my week began, presently 27 * from a low of 22*.Yes, I did manage to sit in front of woodstove.

How are you doing Mainer Lee, took awhile for my headcount’s.And for my annual flu hits to come and go,3 weeks in  heck.There is a pm function here if my feeling is correct, news and flat out with flu or ? Had me wondering. It is small state afterall.

Snow melted while I was unconscious, good thing only awoke to glazed over puddles., watched kids skating 6 feet on puddles, my clue to wait abit. Awoke to firewood on porch, neighbor is aware when I disappear there’s a reason.

Time for bed and more PT, my back is screaming for the moment, I’m not 40 anymore firewood to woodbox in a cart can be a PITA by 3rd load.Have to keep telling myself that when I accept rides, sit don’t try to swing leg into Buick 6” from ground.

There’s a reason I have new mantra, hope all are getting over their aches and pains.Next week Covid and RSV vaccinations with luck .

Froze

Silver Conversationalist

I'm doing ok Froze,its a different world here in Bucksport. Snow blower is ready ,the boat is put up for the year. Stay warm and safe.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP