Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL 2023.

MORNING ROLL CALL 2023
CLOSED USE THE 2024 ADDITION!
Good morning to everyone on this 6th morning of December 2023.

Happy Birthday to all of our December Birthday members.
I turned 80 on December 1st

FB_IMG_1633301117620.jpg

Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit and above all who learn from their mistakes. Be a winner this December.โ€

1000009736.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Silver Conversationalist

Hey Froze,I'm plowed out,blown out,and shoveled out. Supposed to be a quiet stretch for the week coming,should give that march sun a chance to do its thing.. Hope you are well..

Honored Social Butterfly

Storms winding down, only got 12-15โ€ of fluffy stuff.

Decided against shoveling or snowblowing, waited instead for snow plow๐Ÿ‘Running out of places to โ€œstick itโ€, 9-10 foot piled in front of dining room.

Hope @LeeS4949 enjoyed playing in the snow and 

any one else who actually got hit with it. Iโ€™m going to play in the woodpile for a bit, then lie down on floor in front of cranking stove.๐Ÿค”

Maybe tomorrow for probing the snowbanks again for that pesky RX, two were buried. And one was spotted by plow driver, as it sailed by his blade.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Maybe tomorrow for probing the snowbanks again for that pesky RX, two were buried. And one was spotted by plow driver, as it sailed by his blade.

Froze

OK, this is not funny, but the picture I just got in my head when I read this was hilarious. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

@Anonymous 

@LeeS4949 

Partial success hand delivery from pharmacy, search has been called until Spring, when we see how they faired under 9โ€™ of snow melt. Or whatever that amounts to in water content.

Expecting a pile of pink crystal when they reappear not much good for anything. Who knew medical insurance covers lost prescriptions๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜Ž.

Now, itโ€™s back to the floor and recovery from 3 days of whereโ€™s the foxtrot pills, and which insurance company to call.

Wonder what J&B and Jamesonโ€™s taste like in coffee.๐Ÿค”

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Silver Conversationalist

we got around 19 here,more than enough for me to play in but thats tomorrow.. Maybe the last big one for the year????

Honored Social Butterfly

@LeeS4949 , on the other hand, here in northern/central VA, we have seen no snow.  After last year's disastrous snow storm debacle, can't say I miss it, but a little concerned with the climate change when L.A., CA sees more snow than DC/VA does.  Something not quite right with that picture.

Daffodils already up.  Two days ago, I was hiking/bushwhacking in Shenandoah NP and saw a snake in the leaves. ๐Ÿ  Not a rattler or copperhead, but generally, rule of thumb is when you see a snake, bushwhacking season is over and it was just the end of February!

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch @LeeS4949  @catwoman500 

About our only snakes here have been pets released in the woods or Rumford, once in 2008 a Python was sighted along the Androscoggin? Otherwise itโ€™s only garter snakes, they donโ€™t like cold๐Ÿ‘Had a couple of surprises under the woodpile at camp.

As for Spring and ๐ŸŒผ Daffodils, that should arrive around April maybe, the only blossoms are indoors๐Ÿค”, thereโ€™s a problem called at least 4 to 6โ€™ of snow in the way. 

My Amaryllis has finally blossomed again, it likes the woodstoves shear, wonder when the tog lilies beneath the snow piles will surface.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello, Porch Peeps,

@MsStretch , @Frozenoem , @LeeS4949 , @LaDolceVita , @DaveMcK ...

My daffs are up about 10 inches, but my next-door neighborsโ€™ have been in full bloom since 2/22. Unfortunately, they have not been home and will miss the peak bloom.

The other night about 10 PM I heard a ping on the skylight and got up and looked out to see the driveway, and lawn covered in whiteโ€ฆfirst time this winter. Next morning I was wondering if I had dreamed it since there was not one bit of white anywhere!

Our temps have been roller coasting all winter, with only 2 really cold spellsโ€ฆthe one at Christmas and a one in January. Now Iโ€™m just ready for spring and hoping we donโ€™t get one of those surprise March blizzards.

I just checked my forsythia, and it looks like it will bloom any day now. Wow!

Cheers!

Soon!Soon!

Silver Conversationalist

Yes,it seems like we are a month ahead of schedule around here.. These storms,at least in my little slice of Maine,are wet and heavy.. More like April storms..

Honored Social Butterfly

We seem to be having some of wildest weather across the country we have ever had! It has ranged from blizzards to tornadoes. Some areas have gone from droughts to major flooding. All this and 2023 is just a couple months old. What is next?

Honored Social Butterfly

Just typical weather for New England , although the duration has become extended. What used to be

an every other week frosty spell lasts for weeks.

Two days and nights of snow gift us with 18โ€, followed by temps in the 40โ€™s, tonight rain or snow, followed by snow and more snow.

My best guess for everyone else weather wise is global warming, climate change and a hint of fire and brimstone. 

Froze

Silver Conversationalist

Is it just me or is this pattern of snowing every other day here in Maine getting tedious? Time for spring !!!!!!!   โ›ท

Honored Social Butterfly

Itโ€™s not just you, my new 2022 Rural Route mailbox and post has disappeared by rascally snow plow driver? Or unknown person.I went out with with my rock hammer to chip away ice and snow to replace it and all was gone come Spring guess I know what Iโ€™ll be replacing with a 

5x5โ€ PT post set in concrete and armored mailbox.

Need to call PO for weekly porch delivery to happen for abit, or whenever Iโ€™m plowed out again that should be after Saturdayโ€™s possible 6โ€. Or at least before Iโ€™m considered gone ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคฌ

Oh yeah, snowbanks are window height on 40 passenger Bluebird school bus. Iโ€™m starting to have visions of 2015 for weather patterns, and think Iโ€™ll be creeping slowly out of the driveway for another month so I donโ€™t get hammered by a logging truck or the town plow.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

I am deleting the following members in this group as they never post and rarely contribute.

Sorry for the short notice:

Lee Pertilla
Ben Nichols
Alex Dennen
Daniel Brantley
Martin Porter
Gary Simpkins
Andrea Bogle
Danni Smith
Elliot Chouinard
Danielle Grimes
Boris Foerster
Jordan Rothschild
Lucille Delariva
Nora Wohlers
Shoshana Kozak
Bari Strous
Douglass Houser
Leonardo Otero
Jamie Jenkins
Kaleigh Didonna
Lyndon Lanclos
Renata Schillaci
Lisa Arrigo
Charlotte Calvin
Yelena Dunnam
Rena Lawhead
Quinn Sines
Jeanmarie Cabaniss
Keena Prado
Hannah Hoover
Noemi Repp
Eliz Timbers
Melina Avallone
Virginia Mccomb
Kory Demery
Amberly Toole
Lanell Slaton
Murray Casperson
Luna Barrio
Vashti Magnes
James Matthenson
Kathryne Philips
Mahalia Smallwood
Eileen Machin
Lillie Mull
Tanika Morris
Seema Keough
Reatha Poche
Gwenn Seip
Liana Dunston
Nelly Niemann
Jessie Lininger
Tom Riddle
Brittany Blatter
Kendra Pertilla
Reida Nichols
Irene Dennen
Rachel Brantley
Jivenia Porter
Renee Simpkins
Andrea Bogle
Elmira Chouinard
Danielle Grimes
Deonna Foerster
Lorean Rothschild
Batman
Nolan Wohlers
Shoshana Kozak
Bari Strous
Donna Houser
Leonarda Otero
Kaleigh Didonna
Lyndon Lanclos
The clap
Lisa Arrigo
Charlotte Calvin
Yelena Dunnam
Ronna Lawhead
Quinn Sines
Jeanmarie Cabaniss
Keena Prado
Hanhah Hoover
Noemi Repp
Eliz Timbers
Melina Avallone
Petrificus Totalus
Kory Demery
Amberly Toole
Lanell Slaton
Murray Casperson
Vashti Magnes
Kathryne Philips
Mahalia Smallwood
Eileen Machin
Lillie Mull
Tanika Morris
Sewn Keough
Martin Poche
Gwenn Seip
General Grievous
Darragh Pertilla
Stuart Nichols
Irene Dennen
Rachel Brantley
Chris Porter
Barry Simpkins
Alex Bogle
Timmy Parsons

If you went through this entire list looking for your name, I do apologize for completely wasting your time. I'm not even an admin and have no clue who these people are. I stole this from another page... now steal this and prank another group ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ have a great day people!

Happy Wednesday 

Chris ๐Ÿ˜Š

Recognized Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK   You are probably affected by this nasty ice storm. @Frozenoem You areprobably affected by every storm due to you location ๐Ÿค”.  I am affected by extreme heat!   I heard Atlanta had 81 degrees yesterday.  Not that hot here but still way too warm for my taste and this time of year.  All is well otherwise.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

Hmmm, used to it kinda the weather .

Bur with back to back snow storms , luckily powder and 16* highs. My lower and upper back have been swearing constantly at me. Iโ€™m ignoring the 12โ€ from last nights storm, and may continue the one presently falling. Not shoveling or going out - period.

If it ever ends I may go out to store or get delivery๐Ÿ˜Ž

Enjoy

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

We are watching the snow fall as I am posting here! It is 28* and windy but no drifting here on the grounds of our residence. We are looking at an accumulation of 4 -7 inches by night fall.

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy to report that, this year, I got a clean report with my c-procedure! ๐Ÿฅณ (The prep still sucks for me.  I walked in there starved, with a horrendous caffeine headache ๐Ÿคฏ, and utterly exhausted. ๐Ÿฅฑ)  Doc says see you in 6 months (given my history, that is what is recommended). Heh, heh, yeah, right. ๐Ÿ˜‘

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

Stretch glad to hear your C-free, keep it up .

Spent another night at 0* temps, and feeding the stove from a chair.Snow and rain fell most of the night, now have a lovely glaze and waiting for a warmup.

Need to probe the snow Bank for my RX.๐Ÿ‘Ž๐ŸปThe lovely delivery person dropped it on front of door vs on porch, nothing like trying to find blood pressure meds.๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿ˜ก

But, first need to limber up my lower back with stretches.Everyone have fun.

Froze

@MsStretch   Good for you and I am glad it is behind you!   @catwoman500  Still wet and downright slippery.   Rain will hold off for 3 days and then comes back๐Ÿ˜.   

Honored Social Butterfly

Condolences, @catwoman500 .  Both teams played a heckuva game.  Funny how it always comes down to the last minutes.

Happy Valentine's Day to all. ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’–  Since tomorrow is C-day, I will be enjoying a solo romantic dinner of some tasty chicken bouillon complemented with a cold, crisp glass of clear Gatorade.  I might even feel a little bon vivant and indulge in a decadent dessert of some absolutely scrumptious Jell-o.  Guaranteed to make me feel like a queen ๐Ÿ‘‘ who will definitely have to sit on her throne! ๐Ÿšฝ

Honored Social Butterfly

Kick-off for the big game -- PUPPY BOWL XIX! ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿˆ (Animal Planet).  Frankly, I'm looking forward to the rockin' Kitty Halftime Show. ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜บ

Wishing @catwoman500 good luck in that other game later on. ๐Ÿฆ…

Got my annual colonoscopy coming up on Wed.  Glad I don't have any romantic plans for Valentine's ๐Ÿ’˜ Day. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MsStretch ...I used to love the Kitten Bowl! ๐Ÿ˜บ

Thanks for the luck!

GO BIRDS!

Eagles logo.png

Hi folks!  Checking in.  Not very cold here but oh my so wet.   We get a day or two of sun and back we go with more rain.  At least the daqys are longer even if they are gray.  @MsStretch   Wish you good luck with the "procedure".  

Honored Social Butterfly

Hi all, 

Somewhat warm day for now, great day to play find the pkg that may be beneath 6 1/2 feet of plowed snow. Best case scenario I find, worst case spring thaw๐Ÿคฌ

Now I know why the porch sign is missing, the one that said leave deliveries on porch vs in snowbank, on snow, etc.At least the pkg is brownish.

Hope all enjoyed the game and the frosty weekend coming๐Ÿค”, just for a little joy.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Everyone! Happy Valentines Day!

@MsStretch@Frozenoem ...Still recovering from Sunday's loss. ๐Ÿˆ ๐Ÿ˜พ

Time to get a new cell phone...went to Starbucks to get a Pink Drink for Valentine's Day. App said I need to update, and it wouldn't update on my phone. Nice guy gave me my drink for free. I have a bunch of money in my account, so need to do something before my next trip there. Customer service was no help...told me to order through the internet. That will be a pain and involve preplanning, but it might be doable for now.

Also needing a new computer soon as Microsoft is not giving me new updates unless I have Windows 10 or 11. Pretty sure I'll need a new computer for those versions. Not in any hurry though. I'm too old for this tech stuff.

@LaDolceVita ...hope you are drying out by now!

Enjoy the day!

Valentine cat in glasses.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

Every other carrier is offering free ? With new contract cellphones, like credo, Verizon, etc.

If you buy a new Windows computer just keep in mind Win10 ceases to exist in 2025, unless you pay for a subscription. Windows 11 or a Mac would be an option.

Back to probing the snow๐Ÿคฌ, before next snow - Tue, Thu or Sunday.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem Glad to hear that life is treating you better these days.

Things are treating us better here today. We  had below zero temperatures at night for a few days. We also had a little over 6" of snow which will be mostly melted by Friday as we will be having high temperatures of 40+ for several days. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 ,๐Ÿฆ…๐Ÿฆ…๐Ÿฆ…๐Ÿฆ…๐Ÿฆ…๐Ÿˆ

Hi folks, Hanging in there best I can.   Sooo wet here, rain will not stop!!  I think my mood would improve if the sun came out but no chance for several days yet.  Stay warm & dry everyone.  @DaveMcK   Good for you no root canal, a crown is bad enough.  

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP