Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

โ˜€ Letโ€ฒs Share What We Saw While Walking Our Dogs Today

Super Contributor

โ˜€ Letโ€ฒs Share What We Saw While Walking Our Dogs Today

Smiley Happy 
โŠฑโŠฑโŠฑ This morning, my pair of darling Sheltieโ™ฅsisters and I heard, and then stopped to admire a flock of perhaps a dozen beautiful Canada geese โˆฝ very gracefully, just gliding across the lake.

Image result for canada geese on lake clipart

โ™ฅ Shelties are not my whole life โˆฝ but they make my life whole โ™ฅ
Super Contributor

๐Ÿพ No other *puppydog parents*
       walk their dogs every day? ๐Ÿพ
AnybodyHome.jpg

Recognized Social Butterfly

I
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Smiley Embarassed Today, we watched a flock of wild TURKEYS
as they crossed just ahead of us on a deer trail, 
deep in the woods!

Clip art turkey in oven clipart

Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

Nooo โˆ™ โˆ™ โˆ™

what we saw this morning made us turn and rush home.

โŠฑโŠฑโŠฑ It began to seriously SNOW and it's only October
!

Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

Smiley Happy
โŠฑโŠฑโŠฑ Early this morning โˆฝ being very still and quiet โˆฝ we watched several truly 
gorgeous whiteโˆ™tail deer as they enjoyed their breakfast of fallen apples ... and quite often, stretching up to pick an apple
from the trees.
Image result for deer eating apples

Honored Social Butterfly

Great topic! We do not have a dog now but we do have our daughters dog one day a week and we get her out for walks. Mainly it is in our city neighborhood so lately it has been the Fall colors.

FB_IMG_1527727630690.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Super Contributor

DaveMcK "Great topic!" โˆป Thank You!
โŠฑโŠฑโŠฑ Please give your darling *grandโˆ™dog* a kiss
between his/her soft brown eyes for meโฃ

Honored Social Butterfly

It's been a long time since I've walked a dog.  I now have a fenced in back yard and a doggie door.  With that being said, I think of a time almost 50 years ago when my husband and I kept his parents' dog while they took a vacation to Florida.  

At the time we lived in an apartment in the downtown area of Atlanta.  It was the beginning of the the "hippy era" and the closest place to walk a dog was a city park about two blocks from us.  For the morning walk and the late night I just went to the alley way in back of our building, but on the nice afternoons we walked to the park.  Each day was an adventure.  It felt as though I was entering a different city with all the different modes of dress, flower children, love beads, bare feet, dancing, kite-flying, guitars and singers around each curve of the streets and under the many trees.  I can't count the number of people who came over to pet my dog and ask questions.  Most people had never seen a standard poodle before and Sampson loved the attention.

Alas, the in-laws returned to pick up their dog.  I tried going to the park alone but it just wasn't the same.  I didn't get a dog of my own until we bought our own house a year later and walking him in our new neighborhood was not nearly as exciting.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP