Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Does anyone have the AARP Roadside Assistance?

Message 1 of 6
Please stay away from the AARP roadside assistance by Allstate. It is a rip-off. Allstate does not honor and pay legitimate claims. AARP Members - stay away. AARP - find another insurance carrier for this program. Allstate is just ripping off AARP members
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

Since it is quite obvious that you have speculation rather than a definitive answer, I will unsub from this thread and look for my answer elsewhere. I would just delete it, but that is not an option.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

I fully understand your point! Like the other insurance programs that AARP has I'm sure their roadside program is handled by a third party insurer. It could even be AAA. I would still think that you should check into other Road side insurancers in your area. I would also suggest that you check with the people that service your vintage car to see if they have any ideas about towing insurance. For the short term I would suggest that you us the towing service you have and pay the bill. Also see if they will give you a special rate. 

Also I was pointing out why AARP like AAA would most likely not meet your needs.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

Sorry. You misunderstood the question. I was not speaking of AAA. They are out of the question in this area. I was speaking of AARP's Roadside Assistance.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

We have roadside service from AAA because it is available anywhere. Also our Toyota is covered by them. We can get the service station near our home to come and they use a flatbed truck but the drivers like other AAA providers are pot luck.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Does anyone have the AARP Roadside Assistance?

Message 6 of 6

My insurance agent dropped a bombshell on me yesterday stating that they will no longer be carrying Towing Insurnace on insurnace policys that have multiple vehicles ( even though they are all insured through them). This makes me very uncomfortable as I am a widow and no longer have a husband to come rescue me if I was to ever have a breakdown.

I called AARP's RA (Roadside Assistance) customer service line but could never get a straight answer on one very important question. Hopefully someone here can help me.

I drive a classic car. I have had to have that car towed 3 times in the last 4 years. There is only one towing company, and suprisingly enough also the cheapest one in the area, that knows how to tow and treat a classic vehicle with respect. So that is the one I use. All the rest could care less about how they treat anything they tow.

The lady on AARP's RA Customer Service line was just the sweetest thing. But she did not understand my question no matter how many different ways I put it to her. The question is this....

With my insurance company I could pay the $95 to have my car towed, then present the bill to the insurnace company and they would mail me a check for $95. I need to know.... does AARP RA do the same thing?

Thank you for your time.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.