Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Social Butterfly

Colin Powell

Today we lost, imho, the last American hero, yet no post on AARP?

I'm curious about that. My opinion of him was he did what he thought was right for the United States. Other countries suffered, yes, but his loyalty to the US was apparent and valued by us.

There were disparaging remarks toward him, but again, he was true to his nation!

I will never appreciate disparagement of this American hero! Son, Husband, Father, Grandfather, TRUE AMERICAN HERO! Fully vacinnated!

RIP Colin Powell, my hero! 

#Colin_Powell

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Honored Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman wrote:

Today we lost, imho, the last American hero, yet no post on AARP?

I'm curious about that.

I am sure that the lack of posts about Colin Powell is attributable, not to the man's accomplishments or lack thereof, but to two factors:

(1) The lack of participation in these discussion boards. After all, if AARP has 38,000,000 members, you'd expect some activity on these discussion boards, but thread after thread have little to no activity.

(2) The animus that AARP has had toward POLITICAL DISCUSSION. I believe that many that might have made comments, good or bad, about Powell were afraid that AARP might take action against them.

Too bad, he was a great man.

Honored Social Butterfly

There were political boards here but during the Trump years they got totally out of control!

FB_IMG_1617840289074.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Contributor

Could not have said it better!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

There is no issue with this tribute to Colin Powell here on the Front Porch.

But keep in mind that the Front Porch is a political free Zone.

Honored Social Butterfly

Keep this area open for those that want a place to come for conversations with friends that want a break from today's pressures and grind. 

FB_IMG_1617840289074.jpg

FB_IMG_1617840302629.jpg

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP