Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

COVID TEST

Hello Everyone!

I don't know how many of you have had to get a Covid test for one reason or another, but I was ordered to get one today (yes, on a Sunday!) due to a test I'm having done as an outpatient this coming week.

I knew it wasn't going to be comfortable by any means.  But I didn't expect to feel like a lighted blow torch was going up my nose, and I would feel that for the major way home.  UGH!  I think the guy administering it to me singed my brains!  Ha!   Owie! Owie! Owie!

Honored Social Butterfly

Mary and I had to have 2 Covid tests when we moved into our appartment in our retirement center. We have had to have a couple of other tests. I find them a nonissue myself.  Compared to the shots and the semiannual blood tests I have to track my A1C levels for my diabetes control.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@DaveMcK   Hi Dave!

Wow!  Good on you that they were a nonissue for you.  

I've had one Covid test...and one was more than enough for this girl!

Blow torches are absolutely not my thing!!!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@RosemaryF433825 ...Yuck! That sounds awful. I have not had to get one and after reading your post...THANK GOODNESS!

YIKES!YIKES!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@catwoman500   Not a pleasant experience, cat woman.  Guard your nose, lest someone comes calling with a very long swab in their hand.  And I mean a

lonnnng one, too!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@RosemaryF433825  You have described the nasal Covid test to a tee! I also had one and found it to be VERY uncomfortable. 😆

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes @RosemaryF433825 !!! No, have not had a test. Sending healing thoughts your way for your surgery. When you can, please let us know how you are doing please.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Angela   Oh!  Thanks for your concern Angela...very sweet of you!  But it's a test and not surgery.  I'm not sick.  It's just a precautionary thing.   : )

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear it is just routine testing @RosemaryF433825 🙂 🙂

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous  Me too!!!  And I never would have had the Covid test if I wasn't ordered to get one.  I've never thought I had Covid nor knowingly been around anyone whose had it.  But I suppose since the test is being done in a medical facility, they have to be really careful.  So that part I can understand.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take to get the results for your covid test @RosemaryF433825 ? They say it can take up to 14 days for you to show covid symptoms. I pray I do not get it while shopping at Walmart for groceries. I have had many arguments with non-mask people being all up into my face. Over it!!!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous   I have no idea, Angela.  My test is on Wednesday, and I was told if my Covid test came out negative, I wouldn't hear anything.

We can't all walk around in total fear that we are going to get Covid if we leave our homes.  Just take the steps that are advised and be watchful.  

As for non-masked people being up in your face over it, ignore them and walk away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosemaryF433825 , nope not walking away from my spot in line to checkout for groceries or Customer Service. Lol, if I did, I would be in Walmart all day. I am in my 60's and not paranoid, just not going to die over some idiot. Once I raise my voice, they back up 🙂 I am also not going to be in crowds I do not need to be in. So glad I retired last year July 🙂 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP