Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

We recently sent your AARP renewal notice in the mail

Periodic Contributor

We recently sent your AARP renewal notice in the mail

"We recently sent your AARP renewal notice in the mail. If you have not already responded, please take a moment to renew your membership... Your membership will expire on March 31, 2023. If you renew now you wonโ€™t lose a single day of your current membership, and you wonโ€™t have to worry about remembering to renew later."

How could one forget to renew when AARP keeps pestering to renew today with over 5 months of membership remaining?

Remind with 10 days to go seems about right...

Contributor

MY MEMBERSHIP DOES NOT EXPIRE UNTIL DECEMBER 2026.  CHECK THE RECORDS AGAIN.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

As a follow up, I did renew online with 10 days to go...

[img]https://i.imgur.com/bdoIf4G.jpg[/img]

Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM  I think there's a problem here. I would have to say I agree as I just renewed in the month of March, and I have received unwanted mailings from AARP even after my renewal, besides bulletins. How can it be better for members?

Community Concierge

@KellytheBelly Pre-printed renewal notices will fully stop within 4-6 weeks once a renewal payment is made. If you would prefer to receive fewer mailings, you may be interested in signing up for Automatic Renewal, which automatically renews memberships annually. Learn more about the benefits of enrolling Automatic Renewal

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM  Not me! This person, @bearsound inquired about it: https://community.aarp.org/t5/Membership/We-recently-sent-your-AARP-renewal-notice-in-the-mail/m-p/2...

I thought you could assist. ๐Ÿ™‚

Contributor

Yep, they're like Insurance companies.  All they know how to do is pester people with unwanted junk

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@bearsound Thank you for being a valued member of our family! Let's look into your mailing preferences. When you have a moment, please send me a private message with your complete name and address as they appear on the mailing labels. Steps to send a private message can be found here: How to Send a Private Message

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It is not so much about me AARPJanelleM, it is more about the gross waste of membership funds that effectivly raise the cost of membership for all caused by incessant and tawdry sales pitches to renew early, very early.

Since my post have received another mailing, this time a bonus FREE Versatile Everyday Tote and a temporary cardboard Membership Card.

"Your new AARP cards are enclosed. To activate, please return your statement today."

I might remind my plastic Membership Card is valid and activated through March 2023...

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

so agree, bearsound! I bought Mom lifetime membership and they sent her renewals until I realized and called them out (historic maybe 10+ years ago).

Membership renewal  correspondence is an issue that needs to be addressed; there are smart programmers that can prevent this organizational behavior...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP